PDA

View Full Version : The World of Disney - DCA

ricksfca
05-01-2002, 08:10 AM
I was thinking, since DCA has pretty much abandoned the whole California theme, how about a dark ride in the Hollywood Backlot area by the Off The Page animation building featuring highlights of many Disney animated films? There could be rooms where you see clips of the animated films...sort of like The Great Movie Ride when you see the film clip of Mickey as the Scorcerer's Aprentice...then turn a corner and become part of that scene.

This would absolutely never happen at Disneyland with the blending of different animated characters in the same attraction and all, but, I think it would fit at DCA. Can you imagine seeing all your favorite Disney Villains and heroes all in the same attraction...what kid or adult wouldn't like that?

The line for the attraction could also be inside the animation building so there wouldn't be much cost involved in building a facade. People would load inside the building and then the ride vehicles would travel far behind the park where there would be room for the ride building.

What do you all think? I live for all your comments!

GREGOR
05-01-2002, 08:14 AM
Cool idea! It would fit in so well with the Hollywood theme.

ricksfca
05-01-2002, 12:24 PM
The only drawback with having a dark ride in Hollywood Backlot area is that there would then be 2 (Supersnor Lame-o being the other). That would make the other areas of the park seem rather desolate....which is why I had this other thought awhile back for the Pier/Fisherman's Warf area...a cable car dark ride. They could use the cable car vehicles suggested in the earlier post, but it would take you through various scenes of San Francisco. There used to be a ride like this at Fisherman's Warf where you rode cablecars and followed the history of San Francisco...through gold rush, earthquake, fire, peace & love, blah, blah, blah. This ride could also be used to explain the significance of the Palace of Fine Arts building at the entrance to the California movie with Whoopi. It could be a two story building and the up hills could be utilized into the attraction...just like in San Francisco itself. When you're exiting the second floor of the building, your cable car comes out of a heavy fog into Lombard Street (ala Alice and Wonderland ride). Your cable car goes back and forth along the crooked street while you view your surroundings and the lush flowers. Along the sides, there could be shops and restaurants that take advantage of the nice view of flowers and descending cable cars. This could really add a lot of charm and a little education...right now, all I know is that San Francisco makes clam chowder.

Also, how about a train or some sort of Peoplemover to take you around the park? The walk from Paradise Pier to Hollywood Backlot and back can get VERY monotonous.

Shug
05-03-2002, 09:02 AM
Think the cable car idea is cool! Paradise Pier, though, does need a dark ride instead of all those carni-style game booths. What a waste of space. The only booth that ever seems to be busy is the one where you fish with magnetic fishing rods...everybody wins SOMETHING. Other than that, you can use up the price of admission on the games in less than 10 minutes. I'd rather they put another ride there...even a Tilt-A-Whirl...anything.

HBDisneyPrincess
05-04-2002, 11:03 AM
I think it would be cool to put a Buzz Lightyear type ride in Paradise Pier. Not necessarily space themed, although possibly, but basically from the outside it would look like a carnival game booth but actually it is the queue to a carnival game/dark ride where you get to ride in a vehicle and shoot at targets and build up points etc. It could be Buzz themed...like a Buzz/space/carnival theme... or carnival themed with Dsiney sight gags...I don't know. Just a thought. I'd like to see the Buzz ride in Tomorrowland, but I think it would fit in here, too, themed more like a carnival ride.

Morrigoon
05-04-2002, 06:45 PM
They should drain the lagoon, build an underwater attraction (Either little mermaid or monterey bay themed), then fill the lagoon back up ;)

ricksfca
05-05-2002, 10:43 AM
Something DOES need to be done with the lagoon. It's so stagnate. At least boats that go around the laggon. That's why the seagulls have taken over that island, there's no movement to scare them away...and then you get crap all over everything. If the ever do dredge up the lagoon, I'd live to see another rollercoaster that goes number the water through a tunnel and out the other side.