PDA

View Full Version : The New Orleans Square Witch

bubsy
07-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Is she still around? And where?

Disney Vault
07-12-2006, 09:22 AM
This is new to me. What is/was the NOS witch?

bubsy
07-12-2006, 09:28 AM
I have a podcast from 1313 South Harbor Boulevard, and the NOS podcast has audio from a trapped Witch who promises to teach you fly, or to turn water into gasoline if you help her.

I don't remember ever seeing her/hearing her.

olegc
07-12-2006, 09:34 AM
this is a prop located in the Le Bat en Rouge store in the back. It was part of the Villains store in Fantasyland before that. It's the Wicked Queen from snow white in Old Hag form locked in a bird cage. Small - about 2.5 to 3 ft high in total..

Jewel of Orleans
07-12-2006, 10:20 AM
I remember that witch from the Villains Shop - didn't know she'd moved to Le Bat en Rouge.

In New Orleans Square you can often hear the voice of a desperate man begging voodoo queen Marie Laveaux for her help - I thought this was what was meant when I read the title "The New Orleans Square Witch"!

olegc
07-12-2006, 10:23 AM
I remember that witch from the Villains Shop - didn't know she'd moved to Le Bat en Rouge.

In New Orleans Square you can often hear the voice of a desperate man begging voodoo queen Marie Laveaux for her help - I thought this was what was meant when I read the title "The New Orleans Square Witch"!

I noted that busby's comment was in reference to the audio he heard from another website. That audio is specifically associated with the Old Hag in the birdcage...

Jewel of Orleans
07-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Oh, I'm sure you're right - in fact, I remember seeing her in the Villains Shop and feeling tempted to let her out, for the sake of the flying lesson.

I was only mentioning what the title of the thread had (inaccurately) suggested to my mind.

Vegitabeta
07-12-2006, 10:49 AM
There's another thread about this somewhere, you might want to do a search for it.

averagedork
07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I for some reason thought this was about me yesterday. I had a "fun" phone call that put me in an irked mood while walking through that part of the park.

Opus1guy
07-12-2006, 02:56 PM
There's another thread about this somewhere, you might want to do a search for it.

I'll save them the trouble:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=56213

:)

bubsy
07-12-2006, 03:41 PM
thanks.

doombuggy driver
07-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Does anyone have a clip of the audio?

thanks

olegc
07-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Does anyone have a clip of the audio?

thanks

it might be on one of the 50th 65-cd set - or in iTunes search for 1313 south harbor (disneyland) and find New Orleans Square #2. it should be on that one..

sometimes the online radio of Visions Fantastic or Mouse Radio play it..

stan4d_steph
07-13-2006, 05:48 AM
it might be on one of the 50th 65-cd set - or in iTunes search for 1313 south harbor (disneyland) and find New Orleans Square #2. it should be on that one.It's not on the 50th Anniversary set.

Tinkermommy
07-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Does anybody know approximately how tall the NOS witch is (was)?

Following the post about her a few weeks ago, we went to Le Bat en Rouge to see, but she's gone. The CM said she might get sent to Florida.

Anyway, we've seen the picture someone posted here, but weren't able to get a size perspective. My daughter is convinced that the witch is life-sized. True?

Thanks!

stan4d_steph
07-27-2006, 12:15 PM
No, she was in a small cage. The puppet was maybe 2 feet tall.

cstephens
07-27-2006, 12:23 PM
I was thinking she was about the same size as Esmeralda at the Penny Arcade on Main Street.

Opus1guy
07-27-2006, 12:29 PM
The puppet was maybe 2 feet tall.

I'm going to agree with that as the size of the Witch herself. The whole contraption with the pedestal, base, and cage were much taller of course.

Tinkermommy
07-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Awesome.

Thanks so much for the information!

StonePrincess
07-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Sorry to change the subject a little bit, but, is the witch still in Le Bat en Rouge?
I know Tinkermommy said she didn't see her and that a CM said she might be on her way to Florida.
I was wondering if there had been any recent sightings, because my aunt liked the witch and like many others, we have not seen her on recent trips.
We are going in August, and hoped to find her, but some people have seen her and others haven't.
Just trying to figure it out because I told my aunt that I found out where she had been relocated too, or perhaps seemed to have been relocated too.
Thanks in advance! :)

Tinkermommy
07-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Sorry to change the subject a little bit, but, is the witch still in Le Bat en Rouge?

She was definitely not in Le Bat en Rouge on July 17. The CM showed us where she USED to be, which was an empty spot that clearly had had something removed. It's a very small store.

When we asked if we could see her elsewhere, the CM said she'd been sent to storage for the time being. She also said, "I hope they don't send her to Florida."

Maybe if enough of us go in asking, they'll bring her back!

StonePrincess
07-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Thank you! :)

Maybe if enough of us go in asking, they'll bring her back!
We'll have to ask about her too then!