PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Disneyland

taingirlsmom
07-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Has anyone camped at DL? Where would you recomend? Any help would be appreciated.

darph nader
07-11-2006, 11:51 PM
There 'used' to be some really nice campgounds near D/L but some brainiac decided to build parking garages instead.(sorry it's late and i'm tired) There are still a few,i'm sure someone else will come along and give you a better answer.:|

DaddyB
07-12-2006, 07:12 AM
There was a place down Harbor Blvd... possibly into Garden Grove. I think I remember it was just past the Target on Harbor. I used to drive my pickup (that had a shell on the back) down from San Jose and sleep in it overnight at that campground. Because I didn't need RV hookups, they only charged like $12 a night (for use of the pool and showers and the parking spot). A couple layers of foam or an inflatable bed and I was set!

It was a great way to visit DL on the cheap.

I wish I could remember the name of the place for ya. I drove by it about a year ago and it was still there.

It wasn't "The Ritz" of campgrounds, but it was close and cheap.

going2disneyAZ
07-12-2006, 07:52 AM
a quick google search yeilded some results here's two

http://www.anaheimharborrvpark.com/

http://www.anaheimresortrvpark.com/

fyi, I searched on "anaheim campgrounds disneyland"

Alex S.
07-12-2006, 09:20 AM
I've used one of the camp sites at Anaheim Harbor RV Park many times when I head down alone for MousePlanet work.

At both of the places listed in the previous post the camp sites are just small squares of grass in an otherwise concrete jungle. At Anaheim Harbor they have three slots on one patch of grass in the corner of the complex. It is right next to the restrooms so foot traffic in the area is high. Also, there are lights all over so some may find that difficult to sleep with. None of the slots are big so a huge family tent wouldn't really work, though I've never been there when the other slots are in use.

Unfortunately, if it does rain these slots become waterlogged and somewhat muddy. The RV Park does have for-fee WiFi, but there are no electrical outlets at the camp sites.

disney jones
07-12-2006, 05:19 PM
i camp every trip which is about 10 trips/year; while some commercial campgrounds are around DLR (one on Ball Rd, just east of Harbor is the closest, practically across the street of DLR), my favorite is beach camping at Doheny State Beach, or about 10 minutes farther, San Clemente State Beach.

Even though these spots are > 30 minutes away, the atmosphere at the beach can't be beat with the views and the sound of the surf. There are carpool lanes on I-5 so traffic isn't an issue, but the sites are usually booked for the summer so you have to plan 6 months ahead or watch for cancellations.

Werner
07-12-2006, 08:14 PM
There was a place down Harbor Blvd... possibly into Garden Grove. I think I remember it was just past the Target on Harbor. I used to drive my pickup (that had a shell on the back) down from San Jose and sleep in it overnight at that campground. Because I didn't need RV hookups, they only charged like $12 a night (for use of the pool and showers and the parking spot). A couple layers of foam or an inflatable bed and I was set!

It was a great way to visit DL on the cheap.

I wish I could remember the name of the place for ya. I drove by it about a year ago and it was still there.

It wasn't "The Ritz" of campgrounds, but it was close and cheap.

Hey DaddyB! A friend and I used to do the same thing (kind of) -- we'd stay in a tent at Vacationland. Cheap, that's for sure! And I'm from San Jose, too! Wish we had thought to use an air bed, though. That Anaheim ground was pretty hard! LOl oh well, I was a LOT younger and anyways, we didn't care -- we were going to Disneyland! That's neat that your campground is still there (er, was a year ago). :)

phillyorig
07-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Thanks all for the RV park ideas.

We are coming out to DL again next June and since we have a new trailer(hotel on wheels), we have been looking into rv parks.

To add, there is a KOA near DL. If you do a search on their web site, it's under the L.A. area.

We need a place that has at least all the hook ups. I like to camp but need a little comfort:D

taingirlsmom
07-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Thank you for all your ideas! We also have a new trailor and it seemed the smart way to go to DL especially after the price of our last stay at the GC!

PJTinkerbell
07-13-2006, 07:23 AM
My brother stayed at a place this winter that I think was called, "Orangeland". It was nice and they said the grounds were great. The pool was good and they have a little store there that sells orange-related merchandise, etc. He said that his wife picked oranges and some other fruits right off the trees. I guess they let you. Check into that one. That's about all I know!

:)

Genris
07-13-2006, 08:17 AM
a quick google search yeilded some results here's two

http://www.anaheimharborrvpark.com/

http://www.anaheimresortrvpark.com/

fyi, I searched on "anaheim campgrounds disneyland"

Wow! A family of 4 in a tent at that place is $46. That's not a whole lot less than the cheapest hotel rooms :(

DangerMouse
07-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Wow! A family of 4 in a tent at that place is $46. That's not a whole lot less than the cheapest hotel rooms :(

No Joke! I just got a deluxe room at the HoJo for $49. :eek:

phillyorig
07-14-2006, 07:05 AM
My brother stayed at a place this winter that I think was called, "Orangeland". It was nice and they said the grounds were great. The pool was good and they have a little store there that sells orange-related merchandise, etc. He said that his wife picked oranges and some other fruits right off the trees. I guess they let you. Check into that one. That's about all I know!

:)

I got our my AAA camping book for Ca. and their is an listing for

ORANGELAND.COM.

AAA rates it, it's highest mark ( red 3). It is listed under Orange, Ca( never thought to look there).

You can get a 10% discount if you belong to AAA or Good Sam.

I think we might be staying at this one.

I am going to wait till the end of Sept. to book anything. Let the busy time be over. ( we aren't going to June 07)

PS accourding to their website, YES YOU CAN PICK THEIR ORANGES!!! :D

taingirlsmom
07-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Thanks, the campgrounds all look great! I really appreciate all your help.:D Since a trip in the trailer would be so much cheaper We'll be able to go more often. Yeah!

phillyorig
07-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Our trip isisn't till June '07 but getting excited!!!!

Just watched a tv show in DIY called RV Roadtrips.

They showcased this rv park that makes the GC look like HOJO'S rofl!!!

It's called the NEWPORT DUNES WATERFRONT RESORT ( newportdunes.com).

It's in Newport Beach which isisn't too far frm DL.

Look at the pics of this place!!!!

I think we need a second mortgage to stay there.Wait already do. It's my "hotel on wheels" rofl!!!

Well, a 3rd mortgage then lol

I think this place is nice to see the pics but can't stay there!! :crying: