PDA

View Full Version : First time in the Summer

autumnbottom
07-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi All! Although my husband and I are Disneyland vetrans we'll be making our first trip to DLR in the middle of the Summer and we're nervous! Over a weekend no less! Any tips and tricks from you folks about how to make the most of our four days? We'll be there from the night of August 11 through the afternoon of August 15th.

Thanks!

bassett1976
07-11-2006, 08:34 PM
First, arrive at the gate a few minutes before opening. Head to Fantasyland first.

Second, use FastPass for Indy, Splash, Space and Buzz as many times as you can.

Third, take a rest in the afternoon back at the hotel or head over the DCA when the crowds at DL get bad.

Last, after fireworks try and stick around until park closing.

Hakuna Makarla
07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
find shade, the summer months there are killers.
we went in August one year, bad idea!!!

Sosai X
07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
If you do get hot, and need an air conditioned place to rest, head to the Golden Dreams theatre in DCA. It's always empty, and you can have some mediocre 'entertainment' whilst you rest your feet.

ILovePoker
07-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Judging how attendance has been this summer thus far, I wouldn't worry too much about lines. It seems Disneyland is actually performing pretty poor thus far for summer crowds. July 4th, is supposed to be the most crowded day of the year and waits were actually reasonable. I don't know if the trend will continue but if it doesn't, just use Fast Pass.

kohl
07-12-2006, 08:42 AM
We will be there Aug 13 - 19. Last year we went around the same time also. It was crowded, but not as crowded as I had thought. We get there early, use fastpasses, take a break in the afternoon to swim, get coffee so I can say up past 9pm, (I know, I am old!) then head back to the parks.

tigga please
07-12-2006, 08:48 AM
does anyone have any advice for july? my fiance and i are going for our first time in the summer from the 20th-24th.

Disney Vault
07-12-2006, 08:54 AM
If you do get hot, and need an air conditioned place to rest, head to the Golden Dreams theatre in DCA. It's always empty, and you can have some mediocre 'entertainment' whilst you rest your feet.
If you need some air conditioning I would recommend the Tiki Room, HISTA, Tough to be a Bug, Muppets 3D, and the 50 Magic Years movie. Golden Dreams isn't worth the air conditioning:p