PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen Parking question

SCG
07-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I am planning on taking my son to GK for his 5th birthday. We had also planned on hitting the parks for a few rides as well. Am I better off parking in the structure (free with my AP) and going into the park to take the monorail to DLH, Park in the structure and monorail it to DLH from Downtown Disney, or should I park at the hotel and just pop into the park from there? If I park at the hotel, what will parking cost me? Will the monorails even be running where I need them to go?

Also are there any other "must-dos" for the 5 yo's birthday?

Thanks

Stefanie

kiwifuz
07-11-2006, 07:24 PM
I am planning on taking my son to GK for his 5th birthday. We had also planned on hitting the parks for a few rides as well. Am I better off parking in the structure (free with my AP) and going into the park to take the monorail to DLH, Park in the structure and monorail it to DLH from Downtown Disney, or should I park at the hotel and just pop into the park from there? If I park at the hotel, what will parking cost me? Will the monorails even be running where I need them to go?

Thanks

Stefanie
Umm when is your son's b-day? That'll help everyone know whether or not the monorail will be running.

Also, perhaps I'm reading your options incorrectly, but the DTD monorail stop is the only stop not in DL so there isn't an option of taking the monorail "to DLH from DTD."

Anyway, dates would help, thanks :)

Darkbeer
07-11-2006, 08:14 PM
You can get up to 5 hours free parking at the Disneyland Hotel with Validation, so will you be more than 5 hours total between parking, eating, going to the park, and coming back to the car? If not, the fees are $12 per hour after the 5 hours.

The Monorails close in just over a month (Mid-August).

I would park in the structure to not worry about the 5 hour limit, and then just walk straight from the parking structure to the Disneyland Hotel (exit to the Pinocchio lot thru the west ext of the Tram area and walk to the hotel thru Pinocchio to the traffic light on Magic Way that takes you into the Downtown Disney parking lot.

After Goofy's Kitchen, walk to the park (use the Monorail if available), enjoy the parks, then take the tram back to the parking structure.

SCG
07-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Son's birthday is August 3.

Smeecanada
07-11-2006, 08:37 PM
[

Go to City Hall and get a birthday sticker.

Frogberto
07-11-2006, 10:17 PM
We (me, my wife, and 15 month old son), did Goofy's Kitchen recently, and then went into the park. It was nice to park at the Disneyland hotel, close to the restaurant, and eat, and then leave with validation.

The wife and little one then took the stroller down through Downtown Disney, towards the front gates, while I took the car, went to the parking structure, and parked, taking the tram and meeting them at the front gates.

Worked out fine, and minimized walking for all of us.

kiwifuz
07-12-2006, 01:50 AM
If you go to City Hall for the b-day sticker you can also have your son receive a happy birthday phone call. Just ask the person in city hall about it.

markarkaymat
07-12-2006, 03:30 AM
When we had breakfast at Lilo & Stitch's I seen someone with a Birthday button/pin and since it was my birthday I asked and got one too. I preferred the button/pin to the sticker. It's about the same size as the sticker but more of a keepsake (it's on my cubicle wall at work). they write on it with sharpie and the CM even drew 3 mini Mickey ears for me.