PDA

View Full Version : Monday July 17th - Any Special Events?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Candy Chase
06-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know if anything special is planned for July 17, 2006?

Smeecanada
07-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Now, that the date is getting closer. Anyone know if anything special is happening? I saw some place about the possibility of the 50th Mickey hot air balloon being around DL on the 16th and 17th.

GrowupDisney
07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I haven't heard anything, but on the same note, when is all the 50th stuff officially over with?

annieb727
07-07-2006, 03:54 PM
I haven't heard anything, but on the same note, when is all the 50th stuff officially over with?

end of September / beginning of October

stan4d_steph
07-07-2006, 04:36 PM
I haven't heard anything, but on the same note, when is all the 50th stuff officially over with?See this existing thread in this forum (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=52323).

mypupmickey
07-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Does anyone know if there are any special events planned for DL's 51st birthday on Monday? I thought since we're still within the 1.5 year 50th celebration there may be. ???

Andrew
07-11-2006, 08:18 AM
There will be a MousePlanet/MousePad meet at noon, at the Hub. Come by and meet your fellow MousePadders and MousePlanet staff!

mypupmickey
07-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks, Andrew. I'm going to try to be there, if I can get off work. Do you know if there are any official DL events?

Andrew
07-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks, Andrew. I'm going to try to be there, if I can get off work. Do you know if there are any official DL events?
Disneyland doesn't traditionally celebrate off-year (i.e. not 5- or 10-year multiples) anniversaries with very much hoopla*. I'd expect a speech and "Happy Birthday" at or around rope drop on Monday morning, and probably not much else.

*HOOPLA!

Niwel
07-11-2006, 10:42 AM
I'd expect a speech and "Happy Birthday" at or around rope drop on Monday morning, and probably not much else.

Except PINS!! ;)

mypupmickey
07-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Someone previously asked about the Mickey balloon which reminded me that I had seen something about that too on another thread. I found it, and there is a link to the schedule for the company that handles the balloon on the "tour." The link shows:

7/15/06 Anaheim HBOE* Disney
7/16/06 Anaheim HBOE Disney Inflation
7/17/06 Anaheim HBOE Disney Inflation
7/18/06 OFF Ship HBOE to Factory

That's it. It doesn't say "inflation" after 7/15, so maybe that's travel day to Anaheim. Also can't seem to find any info on WHERE it will be, which I believe was the case when it made the other appearances. If anyone finds any other info, please let us know.

(*HBOE - Happiest Birthday on Earth)

olegc
07-12-2006, 09:36 AM
my guess is that they would set up in the Timon parking lot and fly it high over DCA... or maybe the strawberry patch on the other side of Harbor Blvd..

cstephens
07-12-2006, 11:29 AM
There are going to be half a billion people at the meet on Sunday and half a million on Monday...

Maus
07-12-2006, 11:56 AM
There are going to be half a billion people at the meet on Sunday and half a million on Monday...

But I thought those were block-out dates for So Cal passholders? ;)

cstephens
07-12-2006, 12:08 PM
But I thought those were block-out dates for So Cal passholders? ;)

Ya know, I haven't done a large group trip to Pirates in a long time.

"How many?"

"16."

"Rows 1 and 2."

(A friend and the husband and I were stuck for about 10 minutes on Pirates on Sunday. We were in front of pirate and piggies for that long, and the boats were backed up. My husband offered to take a picture of me if I freaked out...)

Niwel
07-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Well I will be there to see all you lovely people at noon. :) I might have some crazy straws left..... (hmmmm....)

THpoohbear
07-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Except PINS!! ;)

Are you talking big pins like the pirate ones, or the traditing pins? :confused:

Hmm... I can't decide if I should make the trip to DL on Monday. I really want to be there, I missed last year because I was in Thailand :p But all my Disney pals are out of town and hubby has to work. :( Maybe I'll meet you all there at noon.

cstephens
07-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Here's the pin that's being released for the 51st. (http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=17791) Even though it says the release date was July 9, it wasn't actually released that day. Dizpins is saying it'll be released on Sunday the 16th.

olegc
07-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Here's the pin that's being released for the 51st. (http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=17791) Even though it says the release date was July 9, it wasn't actually released that day. Dizpins is saying it'll be released on Sunday the 16th.

also an AP Mickey Pirate pin on 7/16 , as well as others

Tinkermommy
07-13-2006, 07:04 PM

Do all of the pin sale locations have AP pins, or just certain ones?

Same question for the 51st pin...thanks!

Squeaky
07-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Sean and I will be there to meet all of you awesome people!! Where exactly are we meeting?

cstephens
07-14-2006, 12:08 AM

Yep, but I thought the question was specifically about releases related to the birthday, so I only posted about the birthday pin.

Do all of the pin sale locations have AP pins, or just certain ones?

Same question for the 51st pin...thanks!

According to dizpins, the 51st pin will be "available at Plaza Pavilion Pin Carts, Silver Spur, P.T. Flea Market, Little Green Men Store Command, World of Disney®, Emporium, Disney’s Pin Traders and La Mascarade d’Orleans."

The AP pirates pin is sold wherever AP pins are sold. (http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/dl_pirates.htm#ap) I don't recall all the locations, but Store Command is your best bet. The Emporium and Silver Spur might have them as well - I can't remember.

Here's a link to dizpin's list of July releases. (http://www.dizpins.com/monthly_releases/2006/dl_july2006.htm)

Here's a link to dizpin's list of all the pins in the Legend of the Golden Pins collection. (http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/dl_pirates.htm)

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Sean and I will be there to meet all of you awesome people!! Where exactly are we meeting?

The Hub at Noon. (Near the Partners Statue in the Central Plaza).

Note: I know of two different Web Sites meeting in the area at the same time, so look for the MousePlanet pins, or ask around.....

Squeaky
07-14-2006, 05:07 PM
so look for the MousePlanet pins

Would there by any chance be any more of these MP buttons at the meet? I read back and saw that Not Afraid was the unnoficial keeper of the buttons, but he hasn't posted in a few years. I was wondering because Sean and I would like to possible acquire a snazzy button each and be part of the cool kids club ;)

AaronInCal
07-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Someone previously asked about the Mickey balloon which reminded me that I had seen something about that too on another thread. I found it, and there is a link to the schedule for the company that handles the balloon on the "tour." The link shows:

7/15/06 Anaheim HBOE* Disney
7/16/06 Anaheim HBOE Disney Inflation
7/17/06 Anaheim HBOE Disney Inflation
7/18/06 OFF Ship HBOE to Factory

That's it. It doesn't say "inflation" after 7/15, so maybe that's travel day to Anaheim. Also can't seem to find any info on WHERE it will be, which I believe was the case when it made the other appearances. If anyone finds any other info, please let us know.

(*HBOE - Happiest Birthday on Earth)

Well it does look like the Mickey balloon will be up in the air on Sunday morning, July 16 around 6am. It will probably not be up there long. It will be tethered, meaning it will not float freely around. Then on Monday, July 17, the balloon should be sitting in the Esplanade inflated, but most likely not up in the air. Again, this will be very early in the morning, when the air is calm. It will mostly be for the media, but those getting in line for Disneyland that early (6:30 - 7am) will get to see it. Naturally, this is all subject to change, which everyone knows that already.. :)