PDA

View Full Version : Bengal BBQ

jazzysmom
07-10-2006, 01:21 PM
There was a post a while back about Bengal BBQ closing down to make more seating space. I just did a search, and didn't find the thread (but I am a spaz, so who knows...)

What is the latest word on this? We love this place!! I am hoping that they are keeping it just the way it is!

TTFN92
07-10-2006, 01:51 PM
I haven't heard anything lately, but from what I do remember, it was going to happen later this year. When we were at Dis last Nov., we were by it about 10:30 a.m. and asked a CM (one that was in a button down shirt that looked official) when it opened and he told us. Then I asked him if it was true if they were shutting it down and he said something vague about never knowing what is going to be happening. I told him that they should keep it. I remember from the updates that it sounded like a sure thing, but you never know with Disney. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Darkbeer
07-10-2006, 01:53 PM
There was a post a while back about Bengal BBQ closing down to make more seating space. I just did a search, and didn't find the thread (but I am a spaz, so who knows...)

What is the latest word on this? We love this place!! I am hoping that they are keeping it just the way it is!

Looks like the planned major refurb to the North side of Adventureland, including the River Belle restaurant has been pushed back a year, and now is scheduled for Fall of 2007.

So you will see it remain for another year, but then more than likely will have to be removed to improve the walkways and allow for expansion of the River Belle.

Of course, everything at Disney is always subject to change, but many folks want to get some improved traffic flows in the area, along with a new River Belle Restaurant for many reasons.

Disney Vault
07-10-2006, 01:55 PM
I can understand why they pushed it back but I was actually really looking forward to the changes. I know Al talked about it in one of his updates saying it was just too much construction to have at once so this project was pushed back.

markarkaymat
07-12-2006, 01:59 AM
That's the best news I heard all day! We were there this past March/April and of the five days there, one we got rained out one day (my DD is too young to be playing in the rain at Disneyland yet) and at her pace...we never got around to trying Bengal BBQ. I was moaning and groaning about this for sometime thinking that it would be gone by the time we get back there this Nov. but now it seems I will have yet another chance. We'll be getting APs and will be at Park Vue for 10 days, I am sure I'll get a chance this time even if it is just ducking in for a bite (although I have said that for the past 2 trips now...) Thanks for making my day :D

Alex S.
07-12-2006, 09:22 AM
From the June 12, 2006, Disneyland Park Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060612xx):

...For a while now we have included in the Refurbishment and Closure schedule the rumor that River Belle Terrace (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AAD406) would close this fall to begin a renovation into a completely updated two-story restaurant. As part of such a project, Bengal Barbecue (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AAA401) would also likely close permanently. While the project still seems to be in the pipeline it now appears to have been pushed off to late 2007 in favor of other Foods projects under consideration. So, for now, that rumor is off the schedule.

jazzysmom
07-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Yeah! Thanks everyone! I am happy to hear we have more chances to eat there!