PDA

View Full Version : Special AP Rates For September...

annieb727
07-09-2006, 05:04 PM
I just got special AP rates for september for the DLH...

She said it was called August Rates..and she was a little confused about that...but I booked the DLH DTD/Pool view for $195/night M-Th, and then $205/night F/Sat. I'm going Sept 11-17, and it was available for those dates.

There was NO availablity for it at GCH...I didn't check for PPH, but I thought I'd let you know...

I'VE NEVER stayed on property...and I just sweet talked my husband into letting me ;) (this trip is JUST for MEEEE!!!)

Can you tell I'm excited! LOL

WinsomeWench
07-09-2006, 07:43 PM
No offense but that still sounds like A LOT of money! I guess I am just cheap. I hardly spend any amount of time in a hotel room when I go to Disneyland. I have a really hard time spending more than $100/night. I have heard that some AP rates are like that in the off season. I'm hoping one day I could stay on site but I'm not holding my breath.

Kris

cindyland
07-09-2006, 08:14 PM
They did not quote you a "special rate", just the standard AP rate. Our senior rate was $185, and I've heard DLH go lower off season for an AP rate.

annieb727
07-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah...it's not the $129/night I've seen offered...but it's better than the $248 I was quoted earlier for the AP rate...and less than the $275 regular rate...

So it's still a deal...and me too...it's REALLY REALLY hard to spend a lot for the hotel...but I've never stayed there and have been DYING to try it...so that deal was better...almost a $400 difference for six nights. But yeah...I do have reservations for $59/night at the Desert Inn -- and that would save some money...and I might do that still...but I have those rates locked in. It's something I've always dreamed of doing - never stayed in a place like it (always cheap-o places)...so it's better than the reg rates, and not as good as some AP rates...but it IS a savings

Rascalsfungirl
07-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah...it's not the $129/night I've seen offered...but it's better than the $248 I was quoted earlier for the AP rate...and less than the $275 regular rate...

So it's still a deal...and me too...it's REALLY REALLY hard to spend a lot for the hotel...but I've never stayed there and have been DYING to try it...so that deal was better...almost a $400 difference for six nights. But yeah...I do have reservations for $59/night at the Desert Inn -- and that would save some money...and I might do that still...but I have those rates locked in. It's something I've always dreamed of doing - never stayed in a place like it (always cheap-o places)...so it's better than the reg rates, and not as good as some AP rates...but it IS a savings
Honestly, I just returned from staying at DLH and I was not that impressed. I had always wanted to stay there, so we splurged to stay there. I have stayed off site, right across the street from DL, and I much rather stay there than to spend that much money at the DLH. If you are going in Sept. the monorail will be down (you will be walking just as far if you stayed off property to get to the park). The only real benefit would be early entry and the pool.

JookyG
07-11-2006, 08:06 AM
The only real benefit would be early entry and the pool.

Those are real benefits in my book.

Nancy
07-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Those are real benefits in my book.

I agree. I just booked for the last week in Aug. and got DLH for $169 w/ AP. The Tropicana was $109 so I splurged for the DLH.