PDA

View Full Version : When does Christmas end this year?

Pirate Princess
07-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Just locked in an $80.00 rate for Jan 3-5 and was hoping DL would still be decked out for Christmas... does anyone have any advanced knowledge?
Thanks in advance!
(P.S. Are crowds typically insane at this time still? We used to go before the kids got out for break... but now my DS will be going to school and I can't cheat him out of the last fun days before school lets out...)

Darkbeer
07-08-2006, 05:44 PM
When do the Christmas decorations and things like the Christmas Fireworks and parade end? Not officially announced, but more than likely early January, maybe as soon as the 2nd, based on past years.

As for the first week of January and crowds, in the last few years, it has been quite busy, especially with more and more schools in the South West going to a three week Christmas vacation (mainly due to the Hispanic influence and their desire to celebrate Three Kings Day on January 6th, many will go to Mexico to visit families and will cause unexcused absences if they don't get the time off).

Malcon10t
07-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Just locked in an $80.00 rate for Jan 3-5 and was hoping DL would still be decked out for Christmas... does anyone have any advanced knowledge?
Thanks in advance!
(P.S. Are crowds typically insane at this time still? We used to go before the kids got out for break... but now my DS will be going to school and I can't cheat him out of the last fun days before school lets out...)
Most schools in CA are on vacation from Dec 22-Jan 8th, most likely the conversion will start the 8th.

Darkbeer
07-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Most schools in CA are on vacation from Dec 22-Jan 8th, most likely the conversion will start the 8th.

Sorry to disagree, but the same basic schedule was in place last year, and the Christmas stuff ended on the 2nd (Sunday). Pushing Christmas past New Years already seems overkill to some.

The first week of January had extended hours (except for the first Thursday, which closed at 8 PM due to a private party booked prior to Disney realizing how busy the week would be, with the Rose Bowl being played on the 4th for the National Championship, and the extended school vacations), but the Christmas Tree was taken down after park closing on Sunday evening the 2nd.

Pirate Princess
07-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Ack! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Busy??? And no Christmas???? Okay... we may be taking days off of school... Disneyland is important business. Kindergarten isn't thaaaatttt important... is it? :p

disneyhound
07-09-2006, 07:43 AM
To answer your thread's title question; 12:00AM, 12/26/2006... :p

experiment626
07-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Generally they start to remove Christmas, the Monday after New Years. Of course this is not set in stone and as with everything at Disney, subject to change.

jennynoel
07-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Ack! Kindergarten isn't thaaaatttt important... is it? :p

Well... personally I remember very little about Kindergarten and nothing about the last days before Christmas Vacation in Kindergarten. I went to Disneyland for the first time in first grade and remember lots about that trip!

So... IMHO... no it's not thaaaaatttt important :p

;)

Petersgj
07-09-2006, 10:38 AM
To answer your thread's title question; 12:00AM, 12/26/2006... :p

Well, technically 12:00 is neither am or pm, it is either noon or midnight. The am/pm designation doesn't start until just after 12:00.....:D

charpaul
07-09-2006, 10:52 AM
I beleive that Darkbeer is correct - they usually have the Christmas things (Decorations, Fireworks and Parade) going THROUGH the New Year's Weekend. This year New Years is on a Monday - so they might actually stop the Christmas things on Tuesday the 2nd.....

samkj
07-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Sorry to disagree, but the same basic schedule was in place last year, and the Christmas stuff ended on the 2nd (Sunday). Pushing Christmas past New Years already seems overkill to some.

I agree with pulling the Christmas stuff on the 2nd, but the Christmas vacation crowds will be in full force till Jan 8. Our school district and most in the immediate area (N. CA) have adjusted their vacations a week(last year we went back Jan 3), so expect the Northern CA crowds until at least Jan 8.

disneyhound
07-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Well, technically 12:00 is neither am or pm, it is either noon or midnight. The am/pm designation doesn't start until just after 12:00.....:D
I sit corrected; yet when atomic clocks/computers measure milliseconds, how long does midnight really last? :cool:

pisces
07-09-2006, 01:59 PM
When do the Christmas decorations and things like the Christmas Fireworks and parade end? Not officially announced, but more than likely early January, maybe as soon as the 2nd, based on past years.

I'll say.

It's like they can't wait to yank down those decorations, and not a moment past New Years.

Anyone care to bump up the "Disorganized Disney-Monday Jan 2, 2006" thread???

I've found Monday's to be absolutely dismal at Disneyland. IMHO IMHO

And, this year, New Years falls on a Monday.

I have no doubt Monday, Jan 1, 2007 will find Disneyland closing early, and transitioning out the Christmas Decorations.

I wouldn't expect to find much Holiday cheer after December 31, this year.