PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 07.07.2006

luvmyfamily
07-08-2006, 04:18 PM
We got to DCA at around 5pm to catch the 6pm Aladdin. We parked in Donald but I noticed that they were opening up the lower levels for late parking. The crowds were pretty light considering it was a Friday afternoon.

DLR had no lines getting in. DCA had only two turnstiles open and the wait was minimal.

We got into the Aladdin line around 5:30. We got ushered into the theater at about 5:55 and we sat until a couple minutes after 6 and an announcement came over the loudspeakers. "Due to unforseen circumstances, the 6pm Aladdin show will be cancelled". The whole theater sank in disappointment. My 2 yr old daughter didn't really know what was going on and sat there telling Aladdin to come out....:( . Most of the audience didn't get out of their seats, almost hoping that another announcement would be made but it didn't.

We did Monsters Inc. after that, which was a walk on!:eek:

The crowds at DLR weren't too bad either. We had a late dinner at Pizza Port, walked onto Buzz Lightyear and then went over to Haunted Mansion. After the mansion, we were in the right place and right time for the 9pm Fantasmic and we got a really good standing spot in front of Cafe Orleans. Stayed in the same place for fireworks (practically ran over by hoards in strollers!)

We were going to go on Pirates but they had closed it. Just as we turned around to go home, a CM told us that the ride was open and told us to follow her. Pretty cool to be on the first group! My 2 year old thouroughly enjoyed herself. She loved picking out the pirates in each scene.

Finally, at about 10:30, we decided to call it a evening and headed home. We stopped by City Hall so my daughter could get her phone call from Goofy. She was beside herself that Goofy talked to her. That is all that she is talking about today!

So that is about it! Fun was had by all!

tinker3
07-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the trip report. That's a bummer about Aladdin, but at least you got on Pirates.:) It's good to hear that the parks aren't too crazy.

Disney Vault
07-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Finally, at about 10:30, we decided to call it a evening and headed home. We stopped by City Hall so my daughter could get her phone call from Goofy. She was beside herself that Goofy talked to her. That is all that she is talking about today!

I have heard about this but exactly how does it work. It is kind of like Roz in Monsters inc? A person has different pre-programmed options to talk to you or is it just a pre-recorded message that is always the same? Can the child talk back and get different responses?