PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion - Late January

Geneva
07-08-2006, 11:24 AM
My husband and I are planning on visiting DL the last week of January for my birthday, and were wondering whether HM might be still down at that time to remove the holiday overlay. Does anyone know the typical schedule for the ride closure? If HM will be down, then we will reschedule our trip, since HM is my favorite ride.

Thanks!

frank828
07-08-2006, 11:50 AM
looking at the park updates for january, i saw that this year it closed on january 18th through march 9th

Mox
07-08-2006, 12:40 PM
This year was a little different. HM closed later than normal so that it would not be closed during the same time as Small World as they were trying to minimize the number closed attractions at any one time for the 50th celebration. HM and Small World are usually closed roughly during the same period in January to remove their repsective overlays. HM was also closed longer than normal after the holidays to lay the foundations for the most recent changes.

Looking back to the year before, HM was closed from January 4-23. So I think it's reasonable to expect that it will be open for the last week of January, but we won't know for sure until it gets closer to the date.

-Mox