PDA

View Full Version : Getting a wheelchair [at Disneyland]

mckygirl99
07-07-2006, 06:55 PM
I just had surgery and the doctor said no DL rides for 6 weeks. Ok, that is way to hard for me to deal with. At least I can go and sit in a wheel chair and have my husband push me around, watch Fantasmic or have dinner.

Problem is that I would need a chair from the parking structure to the tram (I had a tummy tuck and cannot walk straight) How would I go about doing this? I am seriously going to have withdrawls if I can't be there to at least shop or just be there.

Any suggestions?? My doctor won't give me a chair b/c he thinks I won't walk around enough but walking around DL in the heat is way too hard for me!

Thanks!!

Disney Vault
07-07-2006, 08:29 PM
I don't know for sure but am guessing your husband could drop you off at one of the Disney hotels such as the GC and they could arrange to get you a wheel chair while your husband parks the car and meets up with you.

DianeM
07-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Have your husband drop you off at the tram stop, then park the car. Go early - I've heard that the wheelchair's are limited and they sometimes run out on busy days. Also, talk to your doctor -he may want you to walk for a reason. He may think that walking from the car to the tram would be a good idea. Or he may not. But he is the best one to advise you.

Any suggestions?? My doctor won't give me a chair b/c he thinks I won't walk around enough but walking around DL in the heat is way too hard for me!

Thanks!!

annieb727
07-07-2006, 08:45 PM
There are several places in the area that you can also rent wheelchairs from - Century Medical is one - you can pick them up, or they can deliver to area hotels (but sounds like you're local). Then you can have it from your car to the park and in DTD.

mckygirl99
07-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Thanks everyone! I am going o try to go this week for a little bit and eat at the Blue Bayou. It's only been a little over a week and I already miss it!

Oh and by the way...if anyone is comtemplating a tummy tuck GO FOR IT!!! Best thing I ever did!

WendyandBarry
07-13-2006, 09:25 AM
I seem to have a bad number for Century Med, the bad one is 562-280-2840,if someone has a good number or knows what happen to them can you please post it here, thank you.

Barry

MammaSilva
07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
I seem to have a bad number for Century Med, the bad one is 562-280-2840,if someone has a good number or knows what happen to them can you please post it here, thank you.

Barry

Barry, try that number again, you must have misdialed, it's the number I have in my cell phone and I just called to confirm the number was still active and it was. Hope this helps.

WendyandBarry
07-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Barry, try that number again, you must have misdialed, it's the number I have in my cell phone and I just called to confirm the number was still active and it was. Hope this helps.

Thanks, there phone system was down that morning, I talked to them in the afternoon and made a res.

Barry:geek: