PDA

View Full Version : Park Opens at 8 AM... What time does...

sdlipton
07-07-2006, 06:32 PM
...main street open?

I remember as a kid, when they opened the park at 8 or 9, it meant that Main Street opened an hour or so earlier. then again, this was when they also did the rope drop at the end of Main Street and the opening to the Hub.

Does this still happen, do they open main street an hour earlier or do the gates not open until 8 AM?

yellowrosedtxn
07-07-2006, 07:03 PM
From my understanding and experience of the last two summers, Main Street does not open earlier than 8:00 (when the gates open) except for Early Entry Days. When the gate opens at 9:00, then it is my understanding they do the rope drop and Main Street opens at 8:00.

I have only gone during the summer for the last two years so I have yet to experience the rope drop.

Disney Vault
07-07-2006, 08:21 PM
I always had trouble getting there early enough to see rope drop.

ralfrick
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
The rope drop is highly over-rated; I prefer not doing it. If they just open the gates at scheduled opening, then X,000 people slowly filter into the park. A rope drop means those X,000 people move into the park en masse' and the lines get longer more quickly.

Cheers.

momuvseven
07-08-2006, 08:12 AM
We like the rope drop. Much more fun waiting inside than outside. My husband uses this time to go buy coffee at Carnation Cafe I think. We have not found the lines to be longer because of this; if they are it is because EE people were able to enter before the rope drop. There is a lot to look at on Main Street and this is a good time to take everyone to the bathroom and point out where to go in case they are lost or need the nurse. You can hand out snacks and drinks while you wait too.

One hint: If you hang out and don't get to the front of the rope drop area then enter the shops on the right hand side of main street. There is a center aisle that goes through all the shops out to the photo store at the end of main street and the front of the rope drop area.

I don't remember which days they do the rope drop though.

pisces
07-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Sometimes they allow people in 15 minutes before ......but just up to the end up Main Street. The shops aren't open, but you can come in and make your way to the foot of Main Street until the actual 8:00 am opening, when all the Park is ready.

They don't do that always.

ralfrick
07-08-2006, 09:14 AM
I can only go by my 2003 experience. Two consecutive mornings. On both the first thing done was get Indy FP and go to Peter Pan.
Wait at PP with rope drop: 20 minutes.
Wait without: 2-3 minutes.

There was no early entry in 2003 (at least November). It is also true that people are more likely to get there for a 9AM (rope drop) opening rather than an 8AM (no rope drop). On the other hand, in this case the earlier opening with no rope drop was the day before Thanksgiving, so that day was more crowded overall.

Cheers.

sdlipton
07-08-2006, 07:18 PM
If the park opens at 8 AM, what time does the Mickey and Friends Parking Garage open?

The old man
07-09-2006, 06:41 AM
It's my belief 8am--there is no more rope drop. I definitely could be wrong.

stan4d_steph
07-09-2006, 07:33 AM
If the park opens at 8 AM, what time does the Mickey and Friends Parking Garage open?Typically the parking structure opens a half hour before the park does.

I Heart Disneyland!
07-13-2006, 08:09 PM
What days ARE early entry days??

evrythngwmn
07-13-2006, 08:10 PM
What days ARE early entry days??

Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat.