PDA

View Full Version : Temporary relocation of Club 33?

lilblckrncloud
07-07-2006, 06:32 AM
I'm sorry if this as already been discussed, but I have searched and can't find anything about it! One of my co-workers is going to Club 33 next month, and she says that she was told that it is being moved to California Adventure temporarily during a refurbishment. This sounds bizarre to me, because how can they call it Club 33 if it's somewhere else? Does anyone know anything about this, like where exactly they are moving it? :confused:

Her main question to me, because she heard I had gone there before, was about the menu. When I was there for lunch I believe it was prix fixe with some options, but I can't recall 100%. Does anyone have any idea if this is the case during this temporary relocation thing?

Any information at all about this would be appreciated! :D

The Red Head
07-07-2006, 07:13 AM
I doubt the information your co-worker heard is correct. The Club usually goes down for a few weeks for refurbishment in late January early February. They have already been closed this year for their yearly refurbishment. And when they do go down for rehab, they don't move the location, they just close for those weeks.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Theoretically, if they had some unplanned closure, something that they only found out about after they'd already started booking for the closure period (it happens), they could set up temporarily almost anywhere in DCA (or in one of the hotels). Since DCA (like Epcot, MGM, and AK in WDW) is NOT a Magic Kingdom, the fine dining establishments there DO serve ethanol.

I would suggest that if Club 33 were to have to set up temporarily in DCA, the Vineyard Room would be the logical place: as I recall, it's currently "dark" several nights a week, and its kitchen and bar could almost certainly handle Club 33's menu.

Darkbeer
07-07-2006, 08:47 AM
I am going next weekend and have heard nothing about a closure.

Sounds like bad info....

The only thing I can think of related to Club 33 and DCA is the fact that your pass into Club 33 works like a one-day ParkHopper, and guests could visit DCA after having their meal at New Orleans Square.

lilblckrncloud
07-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks, everyone! It sounded pretty off the wall to me, and I knew people around here would have the scoop.

Osky
07-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Observe:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=473017&postcount=16&highlight=vineyard+room+club

lilblckrncloud
07-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Observe:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=473017&postcount=16&highlight=vineyard+room+club
Oooooooooh, very interesting!! Thank you so much!

Opus1guy
07-07-2006, 09:55 AM
I doubt the information your co-worker heard is correct. The Club usually goes down for a few weeks for refurbishment in late January early February. They have already been closed this year for their yearly refurbishment. And when they do go down for rehab, they don't move the location, they just close for those weeks.

Correct on all counts. When the Club goes down for it's annual refurb, they simply make special VIP arrangements with the Vineyard Room (used to be Granville's) to accommodate any Club members or their Guests.

The Club does not move or temporarily re-locate. The chefs and/or waiters don't go over to the other place or anything like that either. However, they will (upon request) set up direct meal billing to whatever credit card you have on file with the Club...if you don't want the check presented. And comp Park Hoppers for all in your party, as normal.

If Members want to stay within Disneyland, they often can also request special "by-the-water" VIP seating at the Blue Bayou to be reserved for them during these times when the Club is down for refurbs. No boozy though. ;)

For what it's worth, I just called my member-friend and inquired if he was advised by Member Newsletter or letter of any impending closures, and he said he hadn't gotten any or heard about any. At least not yet.

lilblckrncloud
07-07-2006, 09:57 AM
For what it's worth, I just called my member-friend and inquired if he was advised by Member Newsletter or letter of any impending closures, and he said he hadn't gotten any or heard about any. At least not yet.
Wow, that was so thoughtful of you to find out! Thank you so much. :)

Opus1guy
07-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Wow, that was so thoughtful of you to find out! Thank you so much. :)

No trouble at all. Had to call him anyway. :)

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm going next weekend too. Never heard anything about it being closed. That would be disappointing!

nocaldznygrl
07-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I have August reservations and was never told that the Club was being relocated. Any refurb is usually in the beginning of the year.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
07-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Club 33 is and was right where it always is.

BTW, they had baseball caps this time, finally! They always seem to be out of them. I got a bunch; one for everyone in the family. :D

Oh, I don't recall who mentioned that the cocktail napkins are good souveniers, but thanks! I got some of those this time too.

The menu has been updated, but it is of the same style as always. One side prix fixe (vintner) the other side is a regular menu.

Have fun and enjoy the A/C there. We sure did.

lilblckrncloud
07-24-2006, 06:31 AM
Club 33 is and was right where it always is.

The menu has been updated, but it is of the same style as always. One side prix fixe (vintner) the other side is a regular menu.
Thanks for the scoop!

Do you recall what type of food is on the regular menu, what the prices are like, and whether they have a children's menu? The co-worker I mentioned at the start of this thread is going with some friends who are now wavering because they don't want to spend too much on a meal with their children. Any information you have would be very helpful! Thanks! :D

Opus1guy
07-24-2006, 07:35 AM
Oh, I don't recall who mentioned that the cocktail napkins are good souveniers, but thanks!

Probably cstephens and myself in this thread:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=57403

If so...You're Welcome! :)

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
07-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Probably cstephens and myself in this thread:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=57403

If so...You're Welcome! :)

Yep. That was you guys on that thread. Did I mention that I got myself a pair of ears too? :D My DH thinks that I am a total geek now. Next time, I am taking my son.

Kid's menu: I'm not sure how that works. I meant to ask, but my server ... ok, won't go into details...

There was a family next to us who had their two kids with them. They ordered before we were seated, so I did not see if there was a separate menu, but they had different food than their parents. They had giant bowls of fruit as an appetizer and plates of cheese ravioli for dinner. They got scoops of vanilla ice cream for dessert. The kids were about 4 & 6 years old. At least 50% of the tables for dinner had kids at them (ages 4-18).

Prices for adults are less than Ruth's Chris, and you don't have to buy the side items separately. Does that help? Two adults can easily eat like kings (or pigs) for way under $150 if you get a glass of wine each and not a bottle. Basically, it is not going to run much more than Blue Bayou for dinner (25% more at most).

lilblckrncloud
07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Yes, that does help! Thanks!!

Frogberto
07-24-2006, 05:32 PM
...Do you recall what type of food is on the regular menu, what the prices are like, and whether they have a children's menu? ...

If you PM me your email address, I can send you a PDF of the menu from this month!

-Frogberto

Tinkermommy
07-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Did I mention that I got myself a pair of ears too?

You were able to get Club 33 ears?

We were fortunate to get to go in May, and the merchandise cabinet was woefully low. I asked about ears, and they said they were out. Our hosts asked if we could order some for future delivery (it was my little girl's birthday, and she had hoped to get some), and they looked at us like we were nuts. They said they were a special item ordered for the 50th, that they were sold out, and there wouldn't be any more.

But they have them now?:confused:

awinner
07-24-2006, 09:41 PM

We were fortunate to get to go in May, and the merchandise cabinet was woefully low. I asked about ears, and they said they were out. Our hosts asked if we could order some for future delivery (it was my little girl's birthday, and she had hoped to get some), and they looked at us like we were nuts. They said they were a special item ordered for the 50th, that they were sold out, and there wouldn't be any more.

I am going this sunday and have already requested that they put about 10 sets of ears aside for me to give to my friends....everytime I go they seem to be out, so I wanted to give them advance notice:D

Opus1guy
07-24-2006, 10:30 PM
They said they were a special item ordered for the 50th, that they were sold out, and there wouldn't be any more.

Originally they were not going to order more...but like many items up there that were originally sold-out and never supposed to return...well...things change. This has happened many times in the past and I'm sure will happen again.

When you've got Members bending your ear daily asking for something...it's awful hard to tell them "no."

And so sometimes things change.

If it's an official limited edition numbered item...they hold to those. But just general merchandise...that can switch from "no more ever" to "we've got more on order"...overnight.

mckygirl99
07-24-2006, 10:41 PM
If you PM me your email address, I can send you a PDF of the menu from this month!

-Frogberto

I am going 8/13. Can you send it to me too???

Thanks!

Tinkermommy
07-24-2006, 10:44 PM
numbered item...they hold to those. But just general merchandise...that can switch from "no more ever" to "we've got more on order"...overnight.

Thank you for the clarification. I was feeling quite disillusioned (although I'm still disappointed -- LOL).

I did buy a limited, numbered art piece as a consolation prize (at almost 10 times the cost of the ears -- argh!).

Ah, well, maybe one of these days we'll get to go again and they'll have the ears...but so far, we're zero for two. :(

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
07-24-2006, 11:48 PM

They are black ears with the Club 33 logo on them. They don't say anything about the 50th anywhere. Were you thinking that they would be gold? There are a few on eBay today if you want to see what I got. (No, mine are not on eBay. Are you kidding?!) I believe that they are a "regular" item. Pretty cheap too. I thought for sure that they would be $33. :D

The ball caps are a light sage color and a lightweight cordouroy fabric. They run small. I think that this is the first time that I have ever seen them in stock in any color. The hostess said that they had just received them. Happy Birthday to me!