PDA

View Full Version : Thurl's Disneyland Railroad Spiel

Werner
07-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Don't you love Thurl Ravenscroft's old Railroad narration? It is so good! I wish they'd bring it back. The new one is OK and pleasant enough, but Thurl's just has so much more...flavor I guess. Like really good coffee. When I listen to it, I just close my eyes and I can smell the steam engines and feel the cool foggy morning and the rush of excitement upon entering the MK and starting the day....

smd4
07-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Here here.

Andrew
07-05-2006, 07:59 PM
When I listen to it, I just close my eyes and I can smell the steam engines and feel the cool foggy morning and the rush of excitement upon entering the MK and starting the day....
A hundred and fifty times!

JCLowesman
07-06-2006, 05:51 AM
That man's voice was as rich as a pipe organ, and he played it like one. So soothing, yet commanding attention from all who heard it.

Bring it back, Disney!:crying:

MrsPooh
07-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I agree with everyone here! I miss hearing Thurl on the railroad! Bring him back!

I met him once, really nice man. Did his "Tony The Tiger" voice for me. Way cool.

HorizonsA
07-06-2006, 09:10 AM
I do miss the old narration also. The new one isn't as...great. I don't like listening to him when riding to Tomorrowland. Everytime he says "you can visit Space Mountain and Star Tours, where they got some fangle starships..."

I hate that line. When he says the word fangle, I can't help but roll my eyes. I don't know what about it that makes me hate it so much. I'd rather have Corey Burton narrate the Disneyland Railroad.

10-97
07-06-2006, 10:16 AM
I was very disappointed when I rode the DLRR and didn't hear Thurl Ravenscroft's voice. It changed the experience for me. I would be equally disappointed if the voice of Paul Frees were taken out of the HM.

smd4
07-06-2006, 11:48 AM
I do wonder what the response would have been (or was...the internet didn't exist at the time, and there were no Disney "clubs" that I am aware of where fans could discuss such things), when Jack Warner's narration was supplanted by Thurl's?

danyoung
07-06-2006, 12:53 PM
That would be Jack Wagner. And I didn't know he did the narration in the past - cool!

". . . and no smoking please - the smoking lamp is out!"

tod
07-06-2006, 12:53 PM
I do miss the old narration also. The new one isn't as...great. I don't like listening to him when riding to Tomorrowland. Everytime he says "you can visit Space Mountain and Star Tours, where they got some fangle starships..."

I hate that line. When he says the word fangle, I can't help but roll my eyes. I don't know what about it that makes me hate it so much. I'd rather have Corey Burton narrate the Disneyland Railroad.

Not "new-fangled"?

--t

smd4
07-06-2006, 01:36 PM
That would be Jack Wagner. And I didn't know he did the narration in the past - cool!

". . . and no smoking please - the smoking lamp is out!"Yes, Wagner. Thanks for the correction.

He did do a few DRR spiels. Have fun with this link!:

http://sorcerersworkshop.org/railroad.shtml

Doug
07-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I am confused.... I can not say any of those recordings sounded familiar, Thurl's I know for sure, I do not think I have ever heard him on the DLRR, I definately remember that increabily horrendus WAY TOO MUCH reverb recording.... horrendus.... I can't say that I ride the train much, it's always faster to walk through the park... Maybe I should ride more, eh?

Yes, Wagner. Thanks for the correction.

He did do a few DRR spiels. Have fun with this link!:

http://sorcerersworkshop.org/railroad.shtml

smd4
07-06-2006, 03:15 PM
I am confused.... I can not say any of those recordings sounded familiar, Thurl's I know for sure, I do not think I have ever heard him on the DLRR, I definately remember that increabily horrendus WAY TOO MUCH reverb recording.... horrendus.... I can't say that I ride the train much, it's always faster to walk through the park... Maybe I should ride more, eh?One question...How old are you?

disneyochem
07-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I am confused.... I can not say any of those recordings sounded familiar, Thurl's I know for sure, I do not think I have ever heard him on the DLRR, I definately remember that increabily horrendus WAY TOO MUCH reverb recording.... horrendus.... I can't say that I ride the train much, it's always faster to walk through the park... Maybe I should ride more, eh?

Oh my goodness, yes, you should ride the train more! Every trip to DL that I take ends with a train ride. It is the best way to finish off a trip!