PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Civic Projects?

merlinjones
07-04-2006, 01:54 PM
In the plaza between Disneyland and California Adventure, thousands of guests have paid in the neighborhood of $150. to commemorate the family name on a brick paver tile, a nostalgic memento to revisit in future years.

One could say they “own a piece of Disneyland.”

But what did they pay for, really, but a homely little tile? Unlike plaques at civil projects or hospital wards, the “donation” didn’t really contribute toward the creation of anything but the brick itself and some additional profit margin for Disneyland merchandisers.

Where is the lasting monument this kind of money could build?

What if Disneyland were to draw up plans for the return of specific, historic park scenic elements, restorations or improvements in the manner of civic projects, soliciting funds for their execution?

If people will pay for a mere brick, wouldn’t they pay even more to own a piece of a mural, a tree house or a pirate ship? Especially a beloved icon they were reviving from their own childhood so it might last for generations to come?

...Read the entire article at the Re-Imagineering Blog...

http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/

Phantom2006
07-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Sorry but who ever writes that blog is annoying to read.

PapiBear
07-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Sorry but who ever writes that blog is annoying to read.Aww, too many words hurt your widdle head? Where's your blog?

Phantom2006
07-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Aww, too many words hurt your widdle head? Where's your blog?

On MYSPACE

PapiBear
07-05-2006, 04:56 AM
On MYSPACEAfraid to give us a link, so we can see what you write? Or do you honestly expect us to sift through over 90 million MySpace blogs and guess which one's yours?

stan4d_steph
07-05-2006, 06:10 AM
Mod. reminder: Attack the post, not the poster.

PapiBear
07-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Mod. reminder: Attack the post, not the poster.Attacks usually don't include question marks.

Disney Vault
07-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Attacks usually don't include question marks.
People usually don't correct the administrators

PapiBear
07-05-2006, 08:45 AM
People usually don't correct the administratorsCorrectly structured sentences usually include punctuation. :p

Phantom2006
07-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Afraid to give us a link, so we can see what you write? Or do you honestly expect us to sift through over 90 million MySpace blogs and guess which one's yours?

I don't give out my myspace address. I only give them to friends. Also, What i was saying about the blog was that...this persons blog entries about moving Fantasmic! to DCA, Mission: Space should have never of been built, and the GM entries were annoying to read. This person wants Disney to stay the same. They are not for new ideas, but only keeping the old.

merlinjones
07-06-2006, 07:43 AM
>>Also, What I was saying about the blog was that...this persons blog entries about moving Fantasmic! to DCA, Mission: Space should have never of been built, and the GM entries were annoying to read. This person wants Disney to stay the same. They are not for new ideas, but only keeping the old<<

"This person"? The Re-Imagineering blog has many different writers. There are sigs under every entry if you choose to look.

Also, it's "never should have been built" (or "should've") - not "should of". Might help in your blog writing.:)

Opus1guy
07-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Nobody can ever tell me I don't know how to write good.

;)

Phantom2006
07-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Mod. reminder: Attack the post, not the poster.

>>Also, What I was saying about the blog was that...this persons blog entries about moving Fantasmic! to DCA, Mission: Space should have never of been built, and the GM entries were annoying to read. This person wants Disney to stay the same. They are not for new ideas, but only keeping the old<<

"This person"? The Re-Imagineering blog has many different writers. There are sigs under every entry if you choose to look.

Also, it's "never should have been built" (or "should've") - not "should of". Might help in your blog writing.:)

Yeah...so much you go by the rules.