PDA

View Full Version : Taking water into Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

silly'olbear
07-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I am just wondering if insulted water bottles are one of the allowed items for Disneyland? My parents bought these nice insulated bags on a long handle that hold a water bottle. You fill the bottle with ice and water and it lasts all day long. It worked great for them on their Caribbean cruise and I thought it would be helpful at Disneyland in the August heat. Hopefully we won't have any problems taking them in.

DianeM
07-03-2006, 10:42 PM
I've always carried water with me when I went into DL. I have never been challenged. Some places (like rock concerts) only allow sealed bottles, but I don't think that would work for DL - too much park hopping. Besides, I doubt they have a huge problem with people trying to smuggle alcohol in.

I am just wondering if insulted water bottles are one of the allowed items for Disneyland? My parents bought these nice insulated bags on a long handle that hold a water bottle. You fill the bottle with ice and water and it lasts all day long. It worked great for them on their Caribbean cruise and I thought it would be helpful at Disneyland in the August heat. Hopefully we won't have any problems taking them in.

oreolee
07-03-2006, 11:08 PM
I"ve never had a problem bringing water in. I usually carry a back pack that has outside pockets for water bottles so they can be seen. You shouldn't have any problem at all.

Disney Vault
07-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Some places (like rock concerts) only allow sealed bottles, but I don't think that would work for DL - too much park hopping. Besides, I doubt they have a huge problem with people trying to smuggle alcohol in.
For the college football games they are crazy about this. They make sure to check every bottle of water to make sure it is unopened and they also make the guys lift their shirts to make sure they aren't trying to hide anything. Not to mention the pat downs. It seems very over the top and people still have ways of getting stuff in so I don't see the point. Okay my rant is over:|

Laffite
07-03-2006, 11:37 PM
For the college football games they are crazy about this. They make sure to check every bottle of water to make sure it is unopened and they also make the guys lift their shirts to make sure they aren't trying to hide anything. Not to mention the pat downs. It seems very over the top and people still have ways of getting stuff in so I don't see the point. Okay my rant is over:|
you may be asked to "take a sip" of your water at the check point. There has been a surge of people taking in vodka/gin disguised as water lately.

Phantom2006
07-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Besides, I doubt they have a huge problem with people trying to smuggle alcohol in.

OK. I have always wanted to know what they look for a the security tents? Open food? Open drinks? Weapons?:confused:

They have never said anything to me when I was bring water in. But last time I was there I did see soem one have to pour out their water. Also, I dont think they really look for weapons because i never have a bag and I just walk on right though. They don't check me at all...I could have a gun or somthing. So that makes me think that there is some type os security that we cant see. We don't usually hear about soothing at Disney too much. OK....that was just a question that has always baffled me. :)

bradk
07-04-2006, 06:01 AM
they're basically looking for contraband. your safety isn't really a factor and never was. not that there's ever been much of a need for one. not many people outside of pickpockets/thieves are going to spend that much money with the intent of comitting a crime.

glass is strictly forbidden, so as long as the water's in a plastic bottle, it should be fine. not sure why they'd make someone dump it. if there's any question, they should just have the guest drink it in their sight, which is what I believe the TSA does when there's some question about it.

DianeM
07-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Security at most major event is over the top. On the other hand, I've seen ads for fake "beer bellies" that can be used to smuggle alcohol into an event. I guess when the people trying to break the rules go over the top, the security follows.

It seems very over the top and people still have ways of getting stuff in so I don't see the point. Okay my rant is over:|

DianeM
07-04-2006, 07:51 AM
I was never searched until my visit in late september, 2001. It was pretty weird having to go through security at DL. Disneyland/WDW are considered terrorist targets, because they are American icons and major tourist destinations. They also use the searches as an opportunity to control food coming into the park, but the main reason isn't to find food. I don't mind the lines. I don't ever want a backpack bomb going off on Main Street. <shudder> I don't even like writing those words in the same sentence.

OK. I have always wanted to know what they look for a the security tents? Open food? Open drinks? Weapons?:confused:

bradk
07-04-2006, 07:57 AM
i don't want to make you feel less secure, but checking backpacks really doesn't ensure your safety. richard reid, case in point. some airports still make you remove your shoes for some unknown reason. we're a reactive county when it comes to security, not proactive.

on the plus side, they do have dogs.

http://bradk.smugmug.com/photos/69919524-Ti.jpg

believe me, the little tents won't deter anyone with a real mission.

also, before 7 am, you're free to walk the esplanade area without any bag checks. there are cameras there, but i'd still call that inadequate at best. and what about DTD?

DianeM
07-04-2006, 08:22 AM
They may not be able to stop everything bad, but they can make it harder. It's like locking your car door - you won't stop a really determined thief, but chances are that most thieves will simply move onto the next car with an unlocked door. If they can prevent somebody from bringing a backpack bomb into DL, then it's worth it. I truly wish we lived in a world where nobody needed to think of these things, but I'm glad somebody is.

also, before 7 am, you're free to walk the esplanade area without any bag checks. there are cameras there, but i'd still call that inadequate at best. and what about DTD?

silly'olbear
07-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the answers about the water bottles. We'll take them in and hope we don't get chosen to make an example of.

tinklover25
07-04-2006, 10:34 AM
my husband and I have to bring our own water in since theirs is so expensive and we wont drink anything else. We bring our back pack with those gallons of water about six of them everyday we go in. We drop off three in the lockers and carry 2 with us. They never say anything.

ae's mom
07-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Inside River Belle there is a water station. Cups and tap water. We fill our water bottles there....we aren't too picky when comes to staying hydrated in the summer!

DisneyPnces
07-04-2006, 12:46 PM
i don't think that you should have a problem... when my friend and I go, we wear our water backpacks and bring an extra gallon to refill them and we never have had a problem.

and let me tell you, having a 2lt water backpack is perfect for Disneyland in the summer, especially if you go to like village haus because they are nice and give us as much ice as we want to keep it cool...

alysse

Disney Vault
07-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Security at most major event is over the top. On the other hand, I've seen ads for fake "beer bellies" that can be used to smuggle alcohol into an event. I guess when the people trying to break the rules go over the top, the security follows.
True but now people have these special bags they tape to the inside of their thigh. Are they going to make students pull their pants down next? They just can't keep up.

PapiBear
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
I am just wondering if insulted water bottles are one of the allowed items for Disneyland?

Why would anyone insult a water bottle? What did the little water bottle do to you that you gotta hurl insults at it?

AFAIK, current DCP is that all water bottles allowed in the park are insult-free. So be nice to your water bottles and say nice things about them, and you'll be fine.

silly'olbear
07-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Why would anyone insult a water bottle? What did the little water bottle do to you that you gotta hurl insults at it?

AFAIK, current DCP is that all water bottles allowed in the park are insult-free. So be nice to your water bottles and say nice things about them, and you'll be fine.

ha-ha!!!:D

silly'olbear
07-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks for all the tips on where to fill up those water bottles again. I think I remember there being another tap somewhere in the park for easy filling up but I'm not sure where. Maybe back by Rancho del Zocalo?

mgg1234
07-04-2006, 11:18 PM
My daughter and I always take a small water bottle. When we drink it, we refill it from the closest fountain. We also take sandwiches and snacks in our backpacks. We've never been challenged. However, we did discover last year that PB&J sandwiches on Wonder Bread do NOT carry well in backpacks!

K & S
07-05-2006, 10:07 AM
On summer days I take two bottles of water into the park. One cold and one frozen. By the time I've finished the cold bottle, the frozen one is starting to melt. I've never been questioned.

BTW, from experience I've learned two lessons about freezing bottled water, first is to pour about a tablespoon of water out before freezing. Second is that if you open a partially frozen bottle of Dasani water, it bubbles out like a carbonated drink.

:)

stan4d_steph
07-05-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't think you should have a problem. I've known people to take those Camelbak hydration packs into the park without a problem. You may have to show what it is at the checkpoint.

Have a great trip.

cindyland
07-05-2006, 11:40 AM
In addition to water bottles, we've brought in capri sun, juice cups and diet pepsi in the plastic bottles. No problem. This trip we'll be bringing in ice tea as well. The trick is keeping it cold without getting everything else in the backpack wet!

What I won't carry in is ice cream. We have to have either Gibson Girl or Mickey head on a stick!!! Yum!

Goosegirl
07-05-2006, 12:06 PM
We always take water bottles. My older daughter is a type 1 diabetic and we never know what she will need so we go very prepared. In addition to an insulated bag with insulin and sharps, we carry lots of juice boxes, candy, and pb&J sandwiches. We just tell the inspection people at the security tents and have never had any problem. I have seen people taking huge coolers being stopped and told they must store them in the lockers. But we have never been told to leave our food outside the park.

SactoGuy
07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
oh heck i bring in water... snacks...fruit...They search our bags etc... and see them and always let us in. In the past it seems they just have to be sealed thats the only thing they seem to be anal about. I bring my nalgene water bottle all the time and refill it at any of the soda machines with no problems