PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness

Tarzan266
07-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey guys I have a couple of questions regarding this. My gf and I get this through our AAA package and I was wondering what characters appear?? Also what time is this? I heard that it is an hour before Toontown opens to the rest of the public. Now I heard that Toontown normally opens an hour later than the rest of the park so does that mean that if the park opens at 8, Toontown would normally open at 9 to the general public, yet the Toontown Madness would be at 8?? Do you guys follow?

CamCay
07-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Simple answer: On Morning Madness days Toontown opens when the park opens.

hlbtimes2
07-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, that is correct. When we went there was Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Max. Might have been Donald too.

Darkbeer
07-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Currently only offered 4 days a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

bradk
07-04-2006, 06:05 AM
i don't think i've seen max there, the 4 times i've been, but the fab five (including donald) has always been, along with chip & dale.

they do meet & greets, but unless you're right there, i would try to avoid that trap. the ceremony begins about 25 after the hour, so you'll want to try to secure a decent spot for it, but also try to get on gadget's go coaster which will have no wait (but will throughout the day) and tour through mickey & minnie's homes, which will close off shortly before the ceremony begins, as Mickey & Minnie do photo-ops in front of their homes after the ceremony. Goofy also goes in front of his house and Donald in front of his boat.

four4disney
07-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Could you tell me more about the ceremony [that begins 25 after the hour]? And where would be a good spot to stake out for that?

Thanks!

bradk
07-04-2006, 11:04 AM
it's just a little ceremony at toontown city hall where everyone is made an honorary citizen. the gazebo used to be a great spot but it seems more crowded now, even in the off season. so if you get there early enough, you can secure a spot at a table.

it actually begins with a little parade of all the characters who march down along the street.

four4disney
07-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Thank you for the info!

jazzysmom
09-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Ok, can someone tell me a bit more about how this works. I understand that with these passes I will get into Toon Town an hour before it opens (because Toon Town opens an hour later than the rest of the park). So here is the scenario I have a question about.

Park opens at 9 am. Obviously, it takes some time to get through the gate.

1.) What time do they actually start letting people in through the gates, is it 9am sharp, or do they start earlier?

2.) At what time does the parade & ceremony start in Toon Town?

3.) Is it best to get on the train and head over there that way, or would it be quicker to just hoof it over there?

Any of you that have done this and had a smooth experience, I would love to hear your tips! Thanks!

evrythngwmn
09-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Others I'm sure will have answers for you. Regarding the train, I can tell you it is a ten minute ride (more or less) from Main St.

Whittibo
09-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Does the train even run for early entrance?

bradk
09-05-2006, 01:09 PM
1.) What time do they actually start letting people in through the gates, is it 9am sharp, or do they start earlier?

i guess it's a crap shoot when all is said and done. either they do the formal rope drop, in which case guests will be allowed to enter the turnstiles at 8:30 and walk up to the end of main street, right in front of the hub until exactly 9 am, or they don't do that and let guests in at exactly 9 am.

2.) At what time does the parade & ceremony start in Toon Town?

barring any recent/future changes, they post the ceremony begins at :25 after the hour, i believe. i never checked my watch, but the parade leads up to the ceremony. it's really difficult to catch both the way it's done. plus, if you want to grab a seat, or want choice viewing, you'll have to stake out the spot early anyway.

3.) Is it best to get on the train and head over there that way, or would it be quicker to just hoof it over there?

i would think you could get there faster by walking, although probably not much. the real problem is actually waiting for the train or waiting for it to leave if it's not already in the station. i'd probably suggest taking a main street vehicle up to the hub if there's no rope drop and then walk from there.

stan4d_steph
09-05-2006, 01:21 PM
A reminder about our search feature - this is a popular topic that is easily searched using "morning madness"

Mooshu
09-21-2006, 09:00 AM
My friends have a 2.5 year old they will be taking to Disneyland for the first time. I saw some vouchers on ebay that I bid on for them, but will the 2.5 year old need a pass for Toontown Maddness? Disneyland only charges entrance fee for kids 3 years and up.

Thanks for your help.

tonytone
09-21-2006, 12:30 PM
My friends have a 2.5 year old they will be taking to Disneyland for the first time. I saw some vouchers on ebay that I bid on for them, but will the 2.5 year old need a pass for Toontown Maddness? Disneyland only charges entrance fee for kids 3 years and up.

Thanks for your help.
Nope--no Toontown voucher--or DCA priority seating voucher, for that matter (not that you specifically mentioned that but I thought I'd throw that in as an FYI)--needed for under-3.

SeansMom
10-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Currently only offered 4 days a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

Are these still the dates this is being offered???

Darkbeer
10-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Are these still the dates this is being offered???

Yes, they are the current days.

SeansMom
11-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Yes, they are the current days.
Thanks, Darkbeer! You're the best :) .