PDA

View Full Version : New "Munch, Inc." kids meal lunch boxes

Darkbeer
07-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Disneyland has stopped offering the plastic lunch boxes, and have switched to a cardboard box, similar to what you get at Fast Food locations...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1624101/33/79206912/Large

One thing to note, be careful with the handle, one end slipped out of it's designed hole while taking these pictures.... So I would double check the handle before using it....

junglemom
07-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Personally I think it's a great idea, the plastic lunch boxes were a pain in my patooty. My kids always wanted to keep them and they took up so much room in the stroller. I wasn't buying them a kids meal just for the box. I would buy it regardless. With these, even if they do want to save them, I can fold them down. Much more space effective. Thanks for the info Darkbeer.

mi_mous
07-03-2006, 11:16 AM
I agree with Aimee!! Those boxes were taking up so much space in our stroller, car, etc.

You can only have so many pencil boxes.

I think most of our boxes went to charity. I'm glad they are not doing the boxes anymore.

(The kids love them when thy first get them, after that, they are just plain annoying.)

rentayenta
07-03-2006, 12:30 PM
You can only have so many pencil boxes.

(The kids love them when thy first get them, after that, they are just plain annoying.)

Exactly! I am so sick of those things. The kids have to have them and keep them. We pack them home and they never look at them again. :rolleyes:

I say good riddance evil plastic boxes! ;)

disneyochem
07-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Yippeee!!! I absolutely hated those things! It got to the point where I would try to return them to the counter, asking if they could be recycled! I still have a couple of them floating around the house--slowly but surely, I've been tossing them in the garbage!!

Petersgj
07-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Well, we must not get to Disneyland as often as the rest of you. My kids loved the plastic ones that we got and still use them for storing their "treasures" and are reminded of their trip to Disneyland. We liked them and would prefer the plastic ones, but we didn't get multiple boxes like some of you.

mypupmickey
07-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Since I don't have kids, just wondering, are these kid's meals offered at most of the eating places, or just certain ones?

junglemom
07-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Well, we must not get to Disneyland as often as the rest of you. My kids loved the plastic ones that we got and still use them for storing their "treasures" and are reminded of their trip to Disneyland. We liked them and would prefer the plastic ones, but we didn't get multiple boxes like some of you.
I don't hate them. But I have 4 kids and usually stay for 6 or 7 days, and if we only get one kids meal a day per kid that could be over 20 of those boxes. I tell them they can keep one box per trip, which usually results in a big "AHHHHHH BUT MOM!!!"

disneyochem
07-03-2006, 04:09 PM

Well, once during a five-day visit to DLR, we picked up about 14 of those babies! My kids and I both order off the kids' menu so my family can certainly accumulate a number of the plastic boxes! My kids also use the boxes to store treasures--rocks, feathers, leaves found at DL, but there are only sooo many we can have floating around the house. I have even used them as gift boxes for presents!

And, we only go to DLR twice a year. Only wish we could (or I could get my hubby to agree :) ) go more often!

doombuggy driver
07-03-2006, 04:16 PM
I am so glad that they did away with those plastic cases. We only have one DK but I get a kids meal most of the time. We ended up throwing many of these cases away, what a waste!

Did they lower the price?

JK!!!

Thanks for the photos darkbeer!

SoCalDude
07-03-2006, 04:34 PM
LOL - I bet most of your kids will want to keep these things also ;) So do not get too happy yet - those things look bigger!

We liked the plastic boxes, sad to see them go! But it seems most of the places we really eat do not offer the plastic cases anyway. We mainly got the Mickey shaped plate things, that the kids also loved. Most of the time we would rinse out the plate so the kids could use it at home (does that make us cheap? lol, oh well!)

doombuggy driver
07-03-2006, 04:45 PM
LOL - I bet most of your kids will want to keep these things also ;) So do not get too happy yet - those things look bigger!

We liked the plastic boxes, sad to see them go! But it seems most of the places we really eat do not offer the plastic cases anyway. We mainly got the Mickey shaped plate things, that the kids also loved. Most of the time we would rinse out the plate so the kids could use it at home (does that make us cheap? lol, oh well!)

Not cheap, just practical!

Tinkermommy
07-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Most of the time we would rinse out the plate so the kids could use it at home (does that make us cheap? lol, oh well!)

Nah! I did that once, too. We use it for "special" day breakfasts -- first day of school, etc.

Although I wasn't crazy about carrying the plastic cases around, they made GREAT favor holders for birthday parties...sure glad we kept the golden 50th case!

potterphreak
07-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm so bummed they did away with the cases!!! For my daughters 3rd birthday, we did a Disneyland theme and we gave the gold boxes as part of the favors (stuffed with all kinds of DL treats!). My kids loooooooooooove these things and so did I. I am soooo sad! We have 1 gold, 1 teal, 1 purple and 1 red. <sigh> Guess that's the end of that! I am going this Saturday and was planning on picking up more. <pout pout> Tho I won't miss carting them around! LOL

evrythngwmn
07-03-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm bummed. I really liked them. I used them for holding misc stuff and gave away quite a number to friends with kids who don't go to Disneyland as often as I do. I will say I was getting tired of "the Goofeteer" which is all they've seemed to have the past few months. I gave a whole paper grocery bag full of Goofeteer boxes to a friend.

disney jones
07-03-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm bummed. I really liked them...... I will say I was getting tired of "the Goofeteer" which is all they've seemed to have the past few months.me too, bummed, but i am getting tired of the brown box too.

we have plenty around the house, about 30 i'd guess as we rounded them up earlier this Spring, but the girls like to play with them.

momuvseven
07-04-2006, 04:36 PM
My kids liked these and we recycled them. Day 1 in the park we bought one for each child. On the following days they came back to the park with us with treats inside. They thought it was cool to have their own lunchboxes of treats. I plan to use them on our next trip too and now parents will be asking me where in DLR they can buy one for their kiddos and I will have to sell ours to the highest bidder LOL. Betcha they are on Ebay in no time.

The old man
07-06-2006, 08:10 AM
... Did they lower the price?...

Sure.:rolleyes:

mulansgirl
07-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Noooooo
I love my purse. I would get the kids meals because I could actually finish them. and I use the plastic boxes as my purse. I taped my birthday, survey,and Honorary citizen stickers on the back and in the inside I taped my autopia drivers lisense, Walk in walts footsteps badge and a shrunken Ned perscription on the top. I have gotten so may complaments on that box sad I didn't pick up more of them. oh well.