PDA

View Full Version : Question about Disneyland Hotel Resort Special in October...

annieb727
07-03-2006, 08:56 AM
Hey...I have a question about the special going on in October...it's stay three nights get the forth night free...so I was wondering if you guys know...if I'm going to be down there for 9 nights...and I split my stay, can I make TWO reservations (staying in a different hotel for one night in between) and get the special both times?? So I will arrive on a Sunday, stay thru Wednesday night (four nights), stay elsewhere thursday night, then stay at one of the hotels starting on Friday night thru Monday Night??? Just curious if you think that would work...I would LOVE to stay at the hotel, but the only way we can afford it is at that price!! LOL...

rentayenta
07-03-2006, 12:55 PM
If it were me, I would make two reservations; one under my name and one under my DH's. I'd do one for 4 nights and one for 5 nights. After I arrive, I'd let them know that we'd like the same room for both stays. It's less work for you and less work for them. The thought of changing hotels twice during vacation doesn't sound like much of a vacation to me but I have a DH and 3 small kids to move around.

kisroo
07-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Wow. Did they make so you couldn't just get the 2 nights if you stayed 8 total?? When we went for our honeymoon, that's the deal we had. We stayed 8 nights, but only paid for 6. It was a fantastic deal!

Of course, this was going on 4 yrs ago. ;)

annieb727
07-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Wow. Did they make so you couldn't just get the 2 nights if you stayed 8 total?? When we went for our honeymoon, that's the deal we had. We stayed 8 nights, but only paid for 6. It was a fantastic deal!

Of course, this was going on 4 yrs ago. ;)

as far as i can tell, no, you can't do that...or it doesn't show it like that automatically -- maybe if i call...we'll see i guess

thanks!

we've never stayed on property before, so i thought that might be a cool treat - esp with all the early entries...but it's just SO expensive!!!

rentayenta
07-03-2006, 03:18 PM
as far as i can tell, no, you can't do that...or it doesn't show it like that automatically -- maybe if i call...we'll see i guess

thanks!

we've never stayed on property before, so i thought that might be a cool treat - esp with all the early entries...but it's just SO expensive!!!

It is spendy but so worth it in my opinion. How many and what are the ages of those in your party? If you are doing the 4th night free the PPH actually ends up to be quite comparable to off site hotels price wise. I love the PPH.

annieb727
07-03-2006, 03:28 PM
well, we will have a two year old and a four year old...

we can get a room at the desert inn for $69/night, and it's a decent hotel - i've stayed there several times.

but thought it would be FUN to do the DLH or PPH...but I just called and you can only get that deal through expedia - they won't give you the price if you call in...and expedia will only give you ONE night for any number over four nights booked :crying:

we are on a tight budget for the trip anyway, but I thought it might be fun - my inital thought was to stay there for part of the trip, then move to another hotel, but to utilize the EE best it would have to be the first part of our trip Sunday thru Thursday then Thursday night through Tuesday( no park that day, just checking out and driving home) stay at the other, but it would be SO hard to go from such a NICE place to desert inn...*sigh*

I'll have to figure out what I can do...

disneyochem
07-03-2006, 04:02 PM
I know what you mean about leaving a nice hotel to go to a 'lesser' one. It certainly diminishes the magic for me! That's why I always stay off-site the night before we check into a resort hotel! And, I always like to stay at Candy Cane Inn. It makes a really nice transistion hotel. We are staying six nights at the PPH in November (used Expedia for the fourth night free) and will be at the CCI the night before we check into the PPH.

Have you thought about the Candy Cane Inn? The price is reasonable (about $90/night), it includes a pretty good continental breakfast, and with your little ones, it is has a dedicated shuttle. I know I really appreciated the shuttle when my kids were smaller--just hop on to the bus back for a nap or swim! Check out the reviews at Trip Advisor; we have stayed at CCI about a dozen times over the past five years and have NEVER had a bad experience! When we can't afford on-site, we stay there!

annieb727
07-03-2006, 04:42 PM
i have considered the Candy Cane inn...and i've heard such great things about it...I may need to consider this...I went to their website and got a AAA rate of $99/night...that's still $250 more to stay there...

I hate the $$ issues...

We were able to keep everything under $3000 for this trip and even included a couple of Goofy's Kitchen breakfasts (the boys LOVE Goofy's kitchen).

I am going with a good friend of mine and my two kiddos...she has an AP from when my husband and I took her along with us last October.

I like that they have their own shuttle HOWEVER, i will have an ECV (electric scooter thingy), so I won't be able to use the shuttle...but my friend could take the boys on it, and it would be easy for her.

What I DO like about the Desert Inn is that it's VERY close to DL - just walk across the street...that's why we've stayed there in the past. Anyway, I made a reservation at CCI so I can consider it...can always cancel if need be...

Thanks for the suggestion!

fidoprincess
07-03-2006, 11:35 PM
You could book 4 nights thru expedia and the other 4 nights thru travelocity. They also have the special. I booked ours through travelocity for Nov. just because expedia would not let me put 5 in a view room but travelocity did-odd but we need that daybed so I didn't want to take a chance. Once you get both reservations made, wait a few days and call the hotel directly to have them link your reservations and put in your requests for tower, view, even if you book no view you can still request a specific tower and bedding. Good luck but keep in mind these specials make you pay now and then if you cancel there is a fee around $20-25.

disneyochem
07-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Annie, you are sooo good to stay on budget! I always start with a budget then, never fails, go over it!

I know I always worry about where to stay--for our trip in November I made a couple of reservations and go back and forth about which place! This fall I picked PPH (for the first time) over DLH or GCH because of the money. We are saving about $400/week by staying at PPH over the DLH and much, much more than the GCH!. That money will buy a lot of churros at the park!

(I still have ressies at DLH "just in case!" I'm so bad--my hubby thinks the decision has been made!;) )

Leap for Joy
07-04-2006, 08:23 AM
What I DO like about the Desert Inn is that it's VERY close to DL - just walk across the street...that's why we've stayed there in the past. Anyway, I made a reservation at CCI so I can consider it...can always cancel if need be...

Thanks for the suggestion!
IMHO, once you've stayed within walking distance you wont like depending on a shuttle. Being able to quickly go to and from your motel is worth far more than a room that's a bit nicer.

annieb727
07-04-2006, 09:16 AM
IMHO, once you've stayed within walking distance you wont like depending on a shuttle. Being able to quickly go to and from your motel is worth far more than a room that's a bit nicer.

you know, i'm kind of thinking that would be the case LOL...I am having a hard time picturing the idea of having to take a shuttle...or at the end of the night...when my four and two year olds are sleeping in the stroller...having to either walk far with them, or wake them up to get them in the shuttle...and the price being lower is a GREAT benefit....for us to stay NINE nights at the Desert Inn - $621 (before taxes) = $714.15 with taxes!!! That's an awesome price...it would cost more than that to stay for FOUR nights with the special deal at the DLH....I guess I'd rather go to a premier viewing of Fantasmic or something like that...or a couple extra special meals at the park.

But as far as budgets -- I have to stick to it...I am a stay at home mom, and my husband is in the military (enlisted E-4) so we don't make very much money...if we want to go, we HAVE to keep it CHEAP!!

going2disneyAZ
07-06-2006, 09:15 AM
You could book 4 nights thru expedia and the other 4 nights thru travelocity. They also have the special. I booked ours through travelocity for Nov. just because expedia would not let me put 5 in a view room but travelocity did-odd but we need that daybed so I didn't want to take a chance. Once you get both reservations made, wait a few days and call the hotel directly to have them link your reservations and put in your requests for tower, view, even if you book no view you can still request a specific tower and bedding. Good luck but keep in mind these specials make you pay now and then if you cancel there is a fee around $20-25.

That's what I would do! DLR is very good at linking the reservations. I have made sperate reservations before at GCH and had them linked. Remind them at checkin that you have two reservations and you want to keep the same room. Worst case is they MAY need you to come down and check out of the first res. and into the second res.

SeansMom
07-06-2006, 11:43 AM
You could check the AAA website. They are running the 4th night free. The PPH was comparable to other hotels when that was factored in. Good luck finding a great deal!

rentayenta
07-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Do you need tickets? If so, book one set of 4 nights through Expedia and book the other 5 nights as a package with tickets through Costco or AAA. That way you'll have two ressies, tickets, and the room for the whole time.

momuvseven
07-06-2006, 05:37 PM
OK, I checked AAA, Travelocity and Expedia and I just got what I believe is the best deal through GetAwayToday Travel 866-386-8747. I called the Disney Res line too and their price was over $200 for the nights we wanted at the Paradise Pier.

I couldn't find the promotion at all on AAA, found it once on Travelocity and then when I looked again it was gone. I get really nervous about paying up front on anything because I don't like to tie up my money and plans may change.

So I booked with GetAwayToday. Their price for six nights at the Paradise Pier the week before Christmas (promotion runs through the 21st of December) was $931.00 total standard room for five including resort fees, parking, and taxes. It is more if you need park tickets. It is refundable and changeable. I paid a deposit with the remainder due end of November.

(Travelocity $1,164.42 plus resort fees and Expedia was $978 plus resort fees which I think are currently $12.50 per day and not sure if they include parking.)

We have used this agency several times, the girls are very nice and I highly recommend them.

animalx
07-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I saw the same deal . I'm going as well . My wife hates the idea of switching hotels but i don't think i can ever afford it . We are going to stay 5 nights there and 5 nights at HoJo's . Doing the switch only once. It would be nice to stay there just Once in my lifetime.

annieb727
07-13-2006, 02:52 PM
So I booked with GetAwayToday. Their price for six nights at the Paradise Pier the week before Christmas (promotion runs through the 21st of December) was $931.00 total standard room for five including resort fees, parking, and taxes. It is more if you need park tickets. It is refundable and changeable. I paid a deposit with the remainder due end of November.

(Travelocity $1,164.42 plus resort fees and Expedia was $978 plus resort fees which I think are currently $12.50 per day and not sure if they include parking.)

We have used this agency several times, the girls are very nice and I highly recommend them.

I thought you still had to pay resort fees with getaway today? I thought it only covered room & taxes?? and can you choose resort view with them? I didn't see an option for that.

annieb727
07-13-2006, 02:59 PM
well, looks like plans always change!! I'm going to go from the 8th to the 16th 8 nights now, instead of 9 nights. BUT I will be FLYING not DRIVING (and I will arrive in the early AM and leave in the afternoon).

I splurged and made TWO separate reservations for view rooms at DLH. I did one on Travelocity and one on Expedia. I am very excited...so I'll get TWO nights free YAY for me!!

I may even get to stay in the DLH when I go by myself in September - still trying to decide (I do have reservations already)...

I LOVE DISNEYLAND...wow by the time my annual pass expires (Oct 16th), I will have been on FOUR DL trips - 10 days, 5 days, 7 days, 8 days = 30 days of DL in one 12 month period!! Ahhh...Life is GOOD (and we're planning another for February LOL) - and i think that's pretty good...we live near seattle!

fidoprincess
07-13-2006, 07:20 PM
That's GREAT Annie! I am happy for you! Don't forget to call DLH in a couple of days and have your reservations linked and also put in any requests at that time too like bedding, tower, preferred view. Then call back again right before you go and make sure your requests are really noted on your reservation and they are linked so you don't have to change rooms. So glad you can fly too...:)