PDA

View Full Version : Availability of Electric Convenience Vehicles [at Disneyland]?

eyeorelover
07-03-2006, 06:11 AM
We are heading down to Disneyland tomorrow for an 11 night stay. (Yeah!!!) My parents will be driving down (from Northern CA) on Sunday to join us at the parks on Mon-Wed. My mother, in recent years, has had both knees replaced and although she can walk around pretty good now, prolonged standing does a real number on her mobility. She has access to a Electric Scooter thing (ECV) here at home and can bring it down, but is wondering about the availability of the ones they rent at the parks. She would have to buy a new battery to bring hers and that's $90 so the $35/day fee for the 3 days, she said, is no issue compared to trying to pack/unload/recharge her own. Anyone have any experieces they can share about how readily available the scooters are if/when she may need one? Thank you all so much for your info!!

MammaSilva
07-03-2006, 06:21 AM
There are a few problems with renting at the parks. You can't reserve one, so if they are gone when you get to the rental station (and of late they've moved it to a central location outside the parks so you go rent the vehicle then just motor between the two rather than them having to drag scooters from one to the other if one location runs out). you're just out of luck, you can leave your name/cell number and if someone turns one in they'll call you but then you have to rent one that's been out and used for that many hours of battery use gone...

Second problem is, you can't take them into the downtown Disney area easily. I've read of others leaving a bigger deposit but I've never tried that. You can go between parks now but that is pretty much the limit of where you can take them. At the end of the day you still have to turn it in to a rental location be it outside at the tent area, or inside a park, then walk the distance to either the trams or the hotel and if she has a problem walking that is still quite a distance.

If she wanted to rent one and you are going to be at a hotel locally I'd recommend calling a local rental company and renting direct. I highly recommend Century Medical. I used them on my last trip and was very pleased both with their price (cheaper than Disney) and no delivery fee.

Century Medical (562-280-2840)

They do need a CC number and they charge you about two days before you arrive (or the delivery date of the scooter) but I was very pleased with the condition of the equipment and the customer service of the company.

annieb727
07-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I agree...get one from Century Medical

Their rate is $105/week or $35/day with a $50 refundable deposit and free delivery & pick up to area hotels.

oh...and you can get their weekly rate for 3-7 days...so you only pay $105 for 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 days! MUCH better deal than renting from DL (and you can take it to downtown disney and your hotel!!)