PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel in room coffee

Dan-H
07-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi,... My name is Dan... ( the group sez "Hello Dan") and I'm addicted to coffee :fez:

Can anyone tell me what kind of in-room coffee pot is at DLH?

Specifically, what kind of filter does it use? Is it a basket style 4 cup that uses the pre-packaged coffee bags, or will it take a cone style filter?

I'm tempted to take a Krups 4 cup coffee pot, but my wife thinks I'm nuts.

TIA,

- Dan

ps: I've got nothing against room service, or any of the in-hotel coffee stands, its just the time factor getting myself moving -- and -- typically in-room coffee pots make crummy coffee.

SpaceMTJunkie
07-02-2006, 09:11 PM
The coffee pot is a cheap 4 cup pot. They give you a few packs of crappy bagged coffee to go with it. I am sure that you could bring 4 cup filters and some good coffee of your own.

We spent every morning over at the little coffee place next to Goofy's Kitchen. The coffee there was good. It opens at 6am.

~Dano

soccerlady16
07-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Talk about a serious coffee drinker!!

rentayenta
07-03-2006, 05:33 AM
We bring our own filters, coffee, and creamer. If Dan is anything like me, he wouldn't make it down to the coofee house for coffee without having his coffee first. ;)

DangerMouse
07-03-2006, 06:15 AM
We bring our own filters, coffee, and creamer. If Dan is anything like me, he wouldn't make it down to the coofee house for coffee without having his coffee first. ;)

Ditto! Bring your own, we always do! :D

stan4d_steph
07-03-2006, 07:08 AM
You're not the first to ask. Here's a previous thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=51974&highlight=coffee+maker). :)

JookyG
07-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Another coffee nerd here! I've never stayed in a hotel, fancy or not, that served good coffee. I usually pack my electric Moka Easy espresso maker and try to stay in a room with a fridge so I can have fresh cream, or at least take my own pre-ground coffee and a few filters of both types. So maybe you are crazy, but at least you've got company :)

Opus1guy
07-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Another coffee nerd here! I've never stayed in a hotel, fancy or not, that served good coffee.

I'm not really big into coffee myself, but my honey is and she would agree with you!

Except for one place we stayed...the Kula Lodge (http://www.kulalodge.com/) in upcountry Maui, Hawaii.

Our in-room coffee there consisted of 100% Kona Coffee (not the 10% Kona "blend" most Hawaii hotels use) that was just wonderful! And fresh creme or milk from the happy Hawaiian cows just up the hill!

Sitting by our chalet's fireplace with a cup of hot Kona and a view of West Maui from high above on the chilly morning slopes of Haleakala....not a bad way to start another day in paradise! :)

jacoby jason
07-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi,... My name is Dan... ( the group sez "Hello Dan") and I'm addicted to coffee :fez:

Can anyone tell me what kind of in-room coffee pot is at DLH?

Specifically, what kind of filter does it use? Is it a basket style 4 cup that uses the pre-packaged coffee bags, or will it take a cone style filter?

I'm tempted to take a Krups 4 cup coffee pot, but my wife thinks I'm nuts.

TIA,

- Dan

ps: I've got nothing against room service, or any of the in-hotel coffee stands, its just the time factor getting myself moving -- and -- typically in-room coffee pots make crummy coffee.

Dan,

The coffee at market house on main street in pretty good and if you hold on to your reciept, you get free refills all day long....

Good stuff, at least I think so...

/staring at my blended iced coffee as i type, thinking of I can run to Cofee Bean & Tea Leaf to get another on my 15 min break

- Jason

Dan-H
07-03-2006, 07:02 PM
thanks, I think I'll pack my own pot and bring some pre-ground from Peets. I think a grinder in the hotel room is crossing the line ;)

rentayenta - you nailed it. Sometimes its hard to make coffee before having coffee.

stan4d_steph - THANKS!! great discussion. I searched but didn't see that one.

jacoby jason - Thanks. I'll have to stop in and check it out.

Back to packing :)

Susan L
07-03-2006, 09:21 PM
One of the things that irritated my DH about the DLH was there was no coffee pot in the room automatically. You have to request it. He ended up going down to the bookstore in DTD for coffee every morning.

kimi911
07-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I can't drink coffee during these scorching months :) In the winter, I have got coffee at Market House at DL though. It was good.

Opus1guy
07-04-2006, 04:38 PM
rentayenta - you nailed it. Sometimes its hard to make coffee before having coffee.

This is why even though I don't drink it myself very often...it falls upon me to set-up the coffee maker and make the coffee for my honey each morning. She's almost incapable of doing anything until she's had her morning coffee!

I wonder how she manages while I'm out of town? The milkman perhaps?

;)

Candy Chase
07-09-2006, 12:07 PM
thanks, I think I'll pack my own pot and bring some pre-ground from Peets. I think a grinder in the hotel room is crossing the line ;)

stan4d_steph - THANKS!! great discussion. I searched but didn't see that one.

jacoby jason - Thanks. I'll have to stop in and check it out.

Back to packing :)

Dan,
I don't think it's crossing the line. We bring the whole works - coffee maker, coffee, grinder and ceramic mugs. :fez: But we also travel with our own Chardonnay, crystal glasses and stainless flatware. :fez: I believe the comforts of home help keep the Disneyland smile going, even after having your toes run over by the hundreth stroller that day! :fez: