PDA

View Full Version : My Trip Report (20 - 27 Jun)

yellowrosedtxn
07-01-2006, 05:10 PM
I am just going to get this started. I have most of my trip report finished and I will post it here when I have it completed. One thing I did notice this year verses last year, I ran into more rude people but most of the CM's were very helpful and kind. There were things that I did not get completed on this time around, but I am hoping that next time I can fit it all in.

Last year were were organized a little more than this year and so things did not go as smoothly. My feet hurt a WHOLE lot more. I found that I liked Tower of Terror. I didn't mind California Screamin either. That one I won't ride as much, but the Tower we did four times on our trip.

For those of you going to Build-A-Bear Workshop, they now sell Mickey and Minnie that you can stuff and dress. Soon Winnie the Pooh will be there too. My oldest (14) got Minnie Mouse on this trip.

I will post my report within the next day or so. I am still trying to regroup from our trip. I will say this. Never will I stand up for 7 1/2 hours for a movie premier UNLESS I am right up front and not 4 or 5 people deep EVER again!!!

Hakuna Makarla
07-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Im looking forward to it hon :)

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Ok, I was going to post a few days before we left and I never got around too it. Then I was going to post a daily trip, and I never got around to that either. Now technically we have been on our trip for 4 days so I am finally getting around to posting and then I will do my best to give you the daily update EVERY DAY!

So, day 1 of our trip really consisted of actually getting to Disneyland (well California). This is how the trip unfolded:

I got up at 6:15 in the morning. I didn't plan on that, it just happened that way. I did my morning stuff (shower and all that) then I got the kids up around 7:00. I told them we had to be out of the house no later than 7:45 to keep on track. After they got up, got fed and then got all the dogs and cats in the van, we fogged the house. We did actually make it out of the house by 7:45 (which is really surprising because we can NEVER keep a schedule at this house.) Got the animals all to the vet by 8:15 or so. They got their shots and all the stuff they needed to be bordered. We were out of the vets by 8:30. Headed to Target to get any last minute items, then headed back to the school to drop Brit and Josh off for Summer Reading. They went there on Tuesdays to get books and do projects. Danielle was a little upset because she wasn't going to be able to go on the ice skating trip that her Summer Reading place was going to go.

Then it was back to the recycle bin to dump off a bunch of old newspaper. Then off to the house to clear the air (after the fogging) and get the luggage put into the van. Meanwhile, dad was off and running for me to the bookstore because Janet Evanovich's newest Plum book came out. Once he got back he helped me to actually load the van because between us our luggage weighed a ton. Onced all the luggage was loaded, the house locked up, the sherriff department called and any other last minute thing was done, we went down to pick up the kids from the school and head to the airport.

We made a couple more stops on the way, gas for the van, food for all of us and then to the airport we went. We had to be there by 1:00 pm for our flight, but thankfully it was around 12:15. I drop everyone off with the luggage so I can go to long term parking. Well, head toward long term parking and it is FULL!!! So, I have to go to economy parking. It was a fun thing to try to find. I am not good with directions, ask anyone, they will tell you. BUT I finally find it and I am good to go. Now to wait for the little bus to take me back to the airport. Finally get to the airport, get through security and now we wait. We bascially had a two hour wait.

The plane takes off and we are on out way to California. This is a direct flight, YEAH!!! right? Well, there is NO movie on this flight. I think I would rather make a few pit stops along the way next time because THERE IS NO MOVIE on this flight. Do you know how bored kids can get with no movie? They did surprisingly well, until the last hour. Then it was, "how much longer?" and "Are we there yet?"

FINALLY We are in SUNNY CALIFORNIA!!! No problem with the landing, everything is smooth and then we had to wait for the luggage. I'm not sure what the hold up was, but it was at least 20 minutes or so until the luggage actually came through. Not that big of a deal, but when you are tired all ready, you just want to get to where you are going and be done with it all.

We got the luggage, called our limo guy and then we get to the hotel. Ok, the ONLY good thing I can say about this hotel is that it has a great view of the fireworks. The hotel we stayed at is the Anaheim Days Inn Westgate. Don't stay there unless you have too. We did get the third floor, which is good, BUT they stuck us in a corner room. That isn't so bad, but the room was not all that great. In the bathroom the wall paper is pealing from the bottom up. It does look like they just put in new tile, which is good, but really the walls are paper thin. We could hear the kids SCREAMING in the pool, which was basically right under our balcony. The kids had taken off their socks, their feet were black. My socks were really dirty and so were my dads. Not good. So, don't stay there unless you have too.

Anyway, it was about 6:30 or so and everyone was hungry. We decided to head over to Downtown Disney (after "hiding" our bags in the room somewhere because dad was afraid someone might break into the room. He was not comfortable in that hotel at all.) I convinced everyone to try White Water Rapids for dinner. Josh and Danielle got the personal pizzas. Brit and I got nachos and dad got his coney hot dog. No one, except dad, finished their food. Another words, you get a lot of food so it is best if you share your meal with someone.

After the food, we basically went back to the hotel to get some sleep. Then the fireworks began. We went out onto the little terrace and I got some really great shots of the fireworks. I'll upload some of the pictures and then put the URL out of where they are. After the fireworks was over, we went to bed. Tomorrow was moving day and day 1 of Disneyland!

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Well this is day 2 but day 1 of us actually going to Disneyland. We get up around 6:00 am and get everyone out the door by 7:00. We got a taxi to take us up the street to the Disneyland Hotel. That way no one had to try to drag the luggage outside and all that good stuff.

The bags got checked in and then we got checked in. We were on our way to Disneyland by 8:00. Went through security by 8:10 or so and were in line for Disneyland by 8:15ish. We FOUND OUR BRICK!!!! I was pretty excited to finally get to see our brick. Last year they didn't get it put in in time for our trip. We got pictures of the brick.

Then it was off to Disneyland. We got in through the turnstiles and off to the right hand side we went. I sent my dad and the kids to Carnation Cafe and I went to get fast passes for Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. After that we ate breakfast and then it was off to ride some rides. We were going to go get fast passes for Indiana Jones, but they didn't have any more (or so I thought). So we kept going and ended up on the Haunted Mansion ride. That was a good ride, and we saw some of the new things they had put in there. There were a few dark spots that I don't remember, but all was good. Then after that ride, I went to get Splash Mountain fast passes. Then it was off to Winnie the Pooh. We did that ride twice because I was trying to get pictures of the country bears after the Heffalumps area. I kind of got the picture. And I decided we would go on and we'll come back another time.

Then it was off to get Big Thunder Mountain RailRoad fast passes. The wait was short, so we got the passes and then road the ride anyway. From there I really can't remember what all we did. We ended up in California Adventures, and we rode Monster's, Inc. We got to see Muppets 3D. We went to Animations Station, did Turtle Talk with Crush and then did the Sourcer's Workshop.

We went to see if we had a room yet (it was after 3:00) and nope, no room yet. So, dad wanted to hang out somewhere for a while until we got a room. Danielle wanted to go shopping, or at least looking, so we went to World of Disney. Then from there, we kept calling the hotel to see if the room was ready or not, and guess what? It wasn't ready.

So finallly around 4:00, I went to the front desk and they said the room was ready. I gathered the troops and off we went to find our room. We are in the Bonita Tower (and at first I was not a happy camper about that). The room is on the 11th floor. We did get a Downtown Disney View though. The room is has the two queen beds, the day bed and then we got dad a roll away bed. The room is really nice. I mean, it is a standard room, but it is a WHOLE lot better than the room the night before. So, we got the luggage up to the room, I gave the kids their swim suits and they headed down to the pool. I unpacked all the luggage.

We ate at Tortilla Joe's for supper. Josh and I got the Soft Tacos, Dad got a Mexicone, Danielle got a burrito and Brit got Nachos. Everyone got full and then it was getting dark so we headed back to Disneyland. We rode Splash Mountain. Then I can't remember what we did, but when the fireworks started we were on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. That was cool! Then we rode Space Mountain. After that, we decided that it was time to go back to the room. Everyone was really tired. That was our first official day at Disneyland! we had a really good time![/SIZE]

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 07:02 AM
I can't believe it is our second day! I wanted to do Early Entry, but I couldn't seem to get anyone out of bed. When I did finally get the kids up and started I thought we would be going to Mickey's Morning Madness, so we headed into Disneyland at 7:45. That used our EE day (but because we are at the hotel, we will be able to go into EE on Monday and Tuesday if we choose.) Once we got in we found out that Mickey's Morning Madness is only on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. (I think anyway.) So, we couldn't do that. I decided to get Indy Fastpasses. On the way I picked up Big Thunder Mountain RR fastpasses.

I got over to Indy and there were no fast passes being distributed (this was the second day that it was not distributing.) I talked to a CM and she said that because Pirates is closed, the line for Indy interfered too much with the FP distribution so they weren't doing that for now. So I headed to Splash Mountain to get FPs. I came back around and got Space Mountain and Buzz fastpasses and I met up with dad and the kids to eat breakfast. From there dad wanted to go back to the room. He was not feeling all that great. Too much exercise for him - he wasn't used to it.

So, I took the kids to do some shopping. We were in Disneyland and I stopped at the Emporium to shop. I got a bunch of little things, but they added up to over the 70.00 so I got the Pirates watch for 10.00 more. So, now I have that. Then we headed into Downtown Disney to do some shopping. Danielle got some things at World of Disney. We then stopped at Club Libby Lu and the both of girls got a little pooch with accessories. Off to Build-A-Bear next for Josh. He got a new bear and clothes. From there we ended up meeting up with dad. He took the kids back to the room and I stopped off at Walt Disney Travel company to see if I could get concierge service. I was able to get the service starting Friday. I then picked up our lanyards with the pins. Back to the room I went.

A little bit later we left the room and we headed into California Adventure. we decided to go through the Grand California hotel - on the way we got to meet Valerie Rendon from Vacation Planning. (She is the one who set up our Priority Seating reservations and helpful in other areas.) Then we went into California Adventure to get some fast passes for Tower of Terror, Screamin, Mullholland Madness (at first this ride was down so we couldn't get fast passes or ride), Soarin, and Grizzly River Run. We hung out here for a while, and had lunch. (McDonalds - we come all the way from TEXAS to California and we had to eat at McDonalds???? Kids!!!!) We found Mullhand Madness was open, so we got fast passes. The wait was only 20 minutes so the girls and I road that. After that, dad and Josh went to ride Soarin. The girls and I rode Screamin. For a roller coaster that wasn't too bad. I really don't like roller coasters, but that was pretty smooth. (I MIGHT go back on it, but that is a big MIGHT! :-) )

We all met up for Grizzly River Run, but dad wasn't feeling all that great again, so he didn't ride it. Then the girls and I went to Soarin. Then we headed back into Disneyland. We rode Buzz, and then went back to the room for a little rest. Josh and Brit headed back down to the pool. Danielle read a little while and I just kind of sat down for a little bit to see where we stood on things to do and buy.

When the kids got done in the pool, we decided to head back to do Tower of Terror. Dad went back with us because Josh didn't want to ride that ride, but the girls and I did. You know, I was not really looking forward to that ride. I was surprised, it wasn't that bad. After the ride was over, we all went to ride Buzz Lightyear and then dad left the park. The kids and I rode Splash Mountain. What was cool was it was kind of dark and it was a little bit different in the dark. We then we rode on Big Thunder and the fireworks were going off. That was too cool!!! Off to ride Space Mountain before we left the park for the night. That was it for day two. (At least I think it was).

(I do know that we did a LOT of shopping that day too!)

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 07:06 AM
The days are starting to blur together because I didn't write them all down. I swear every time I go that I will write things down, but I never do. Let's see. Dad did not do a whole lot of riding but the kids and I rode Splash Mountain again, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road. Then over at California Adventure the girls and I rode Tower of Terror while Josh and dad sat out. We did finally go see "It's Tough to be a Bug" and then we rode the Ferris Wheel thing (I can't remember the name of it right now.) No one wanted to sit in one of the moving cars. The ride was fun, but you only get to go around one time. Officially it is twice, but the first time you stop every little bit to let everyone on and then you go around one full time and then off you go.
The kids wanted to ride Mullholland Madness. We convinced Josh that it wasn't that bad, so he went on it. Of course he loved it. We never ended up going on it again this trip.
I know we ended up going back to the room again for a little while, ate at concierge several times through out the day and went back in the park for more rides.
Everything is kind of jumbled up because we were getting up around 6:00ish and going to bed around 11:00 or midnight every night. Tomorrow the park opens up at 6:30 and we are going to try to get in there close to that time. We'll see what happens.

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 07:07 AM
I'll post the rest later on today!

Take care!

Shelley

rentayenta
07-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Shelley, very fun read! Can't wait to read the rest. :)

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Well today is the big day! I was able to get everyone up and out the door before the park actually opened. The line was long to get in but it moved fairly quickly.

As you go into the park they have special maps for Disneyland - with "The Pirate of the Carribean" theme on it. The red carpet was out, the signs were all up and people were camping out all over the place. Now I am thinking they are all crazy (Little did I know I was going to become one of those crazy people.). My family tried to go to different places of the park but the lines were long, it was crowded and you couldn't really move anywhere without running into everyone. I can't really remember when my daughter decided that she wanted to actually sit down to stake out her place on the carpet but we sat down for quite a while.

I honestly can't remember where Josh and dad went, but I think they went back to the hotel for a rest. Meanwhile, I went to Rancho Del Zocalo Restaurant and got some kids meals. A little while later dad brought Josh back in and they hung out for a while. I can remember that dad ended up getting some food for him and Josh inside the park. Dad got his turkey leg and I am not sure what Josh got. They were not comfortable though, so they ended up going back to the hotel to eat and hang out again for a while. This time Brittany ended up going out with them.

Around 2:00 everyone started crowding up to the red carpet. Danielle and I did the same. We stood there for seven and a half hours. There was a lot of pirate entertainment though. Around 5:3o or 6:00 the stars started to show up. I met a couple of nice guys too. Ken and Roger, they were just as crazy and fun as we were! People were pushing and stepping on each other, but for the most part everyone seemed to have a good time (sort of). We did find a couple of people that were just plain weird. Anyway, I remember seeing Kareem, Cal Ripkins, Ally and AJ, Tia, Pat Riley, Maria Shriver, Arnold, Dennis Rodman, Linda Carter, the twins from Suite Life of Zach and Cody, and several others. I got some pictures of most of the people, some came out good, but others didn't come out very well at all. I did get to see Orlando and Keira but I didn't even get a glimps of Johnny Depp. I was really disappointed that I stood there for that long and didn't even see him.

It took Danielle and I a long time to get back to the hotel. I was exhausted, my whole body hurt and I was hungry. I had not eaten since early in the day and it was only the kids' meal. I did meet a lot of nice people that got some decent shots of the actors and I promised to send them what I got (because I took over 500 pictures) and they were going to send me a cd of what they got. We'll see what happens!

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I remember that we rode on the Matterhorn, both sides, Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo, and the Carousel. We wanted to ride on Peter Pan's Flight, but the line was bad. We decided we would do that for Early Entry tomorrow morning.

Well it was back to more of running around in the park. Again we did Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. Again, we wanted to do Indy but the lines were long and no one wanted to wait in them. Fast passes were not available yet either.

We did a lot of running around. I just know that my feet hurt every day. Getting up really early and staying up late at night is not always a good thing. I found that I was getting short tempered with everyone. I do know that this trip didn't seem to be as fun as the last one, but I am not sure why that was. (Maybe because there wasn't as much structure this year as there was last year. And that means that we just ran back and forth too much.)

We did get to do a lot of the rides several times, spent a lot more time at California Adventure (riding Tower of Terror and trading pins). During the day, we took several breaks.

The only thing that I can remember is we did a LOT of walking back and forth all over the park. Everyone complained that their feet hurt or back hurt or whatever. Josh was really looking forward to going home and I had mixed feelings. I was just tired of fighting with them at every turn. I think the next time we go, one of two things is going to happen, they can stay back at the hotel OR we are going to split up and meet a lot more. Then everyone can do what they want and no one has to try to keep up with anyone else.

Tomorrow is early entry and Mickey's Morning Madness (or ride the Pirates ride).

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 12:07 PM
We were able to all get up and do early entry. We also had Mickey's Morning Madness (which I wanted to try) but the problem was that the Pirates ride was opening today. We weren't at the front of the line for Early Entry so therefore by the time we made it close enough to Frontierland (which is where the line was starting) the line was already horrible. We decided to go ahead and do the Early Entry in Fantasyland and then the Mickey's Morning Madness. Tomorrow is Early Entry too so we will line up for Pirates tomorrow.

In Fantasyland our first ride was Peter Pan's flight. Then we did Pinocchio's Daring Journey and Snow White. Then we did the Tea Cups. By that time it was getting close to Mickey's Morning Madness. So, we headed over that way. Once we got in there, the kids wanted to ride Gadgets Go Coaster, so we did that (after getting Mickey's picture and autograph).

Shortly thereafter they had the parade and everyone got to become Honorary Citizens. Everyone rode Roger Rabbit. We hung around to do some pictures for a little while but the lines were too long to meet the characters so we left that part of the park (never to return for this trip)!

From here I really can't remember what all we did. I am pretty sure there were breaks that were taken, and more rides that were done. The girls and I rode Tower of Terror again. (We haven't been able to convince Josh to go on it yet.)

We did all kinds of things that day, but I really can't remember what all we did. I do know that we did not get to bed until at least 10:00 that night. Keep in mind we were up at 5:30 in the morning too.

Tomorrow, we are getting up earlier so we can be at the front of the line to get to Pirates!

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Well this is our final day. I am really sad. I got up at 5:00 and made sure everyone else was up by 5:30 so that we can get to the gates by 6:30. We did not stop anywhere to eat, we just wanted to make sure we could be at the front of the line.

We were successful at that. Then I raced off to Frontierland to stand in another line for another hour so we can ride the pirates ride. The good thing, we were in the second boat of the day. I loved the new effects. Davy Jones was really cool. Then to try to find all the Jack Sparrow's. I found at least three (not sure if there were more or not) but I was running a video camera and trying to take pictures too.

After that, we went to get fast passes for Splash. On the way, we went by Indy and LOW and BEHOLD!!! FAST PASSES for Indy!!! I got those for later. We got to Splash and the ride was down. I was sad about that, but we rode it every day except the last two. We rode the Winnie the Pooh ride though.

Then it was back to the hotel to get our bags done and checked out of the hotel. I also had to go to the business center to try to contact our limo guy as well as print out our airline tickets.

We then headed over to California Adventure. I went around and got fast passes to Tower, Screamin and Soarin. Josh finally rode on Tower and LOVED it. So, we got fast passes for later. Then it was off to screamin. He liked that ride too. We got more fast passes for later, but we never got back to the ride. The problem was we were running out of time. We didn't really eat lunch (my dad did - but the rest of us didn't). Dad sat out while we rode Tower and Screamin. The other problem is, I tried to contact the guy from the Limo Service, the one that said he would be picking us up, but the phone was disconnected. I tried to call him off and on all day. To no avail.

After the second ride on Tower, we had to head back to Disneyland because we had a 4:00 reservation at Cafe Orleans. Dad decided to go back to the business center to try to contact the limo guy. He found an 800 number but only got a voicemail. He gave me that 800 number and I was able to get through. I talked to Don and we discussed the luggage situation (we have too much!) and he called me back to say he arranged for a shuttle bus to pick us up and take us to LA.

Then the kids and I went to Cafe Orleans. Brit got the PB&J Monte Cristo. Josh, Danielle and I got the regular one. Brit also ended up getting the Mickey's Cheesy Macaroni. She got full then. No one else ended up finishing their sandwhich. We got them to go. Later we are going to be at Blue Bayou for dessert.

We finally got to ride Indiana Jones. It seemed more jerky this time than the last time. It was fun all the same. Sometime later we went to the Blue Bayou for our 7:40 reservations. The thing is, we only wanted to get dessert. I really don't think the lady was happy about that, but she didn't say much.

The kids all got the Flying Dutchman Boat. I wanted to get the Chocolate Mint Doubloons to take with me (which would have come in a treasure chest I think) but they said they didn't have any ready. I also asked about the "Pirates" booty Keepsake, but the waitress didn't seem to know what that was either. She thought it was the Mast and Sail that came on the Dutchman Boat. Needless to say, I was really disappointed to not get some of the things I wanted but on the plus side, she was nice enough to get me a treasure's chest that is made out of the sugar/fondant stuff. The thing is edible, but I wouldn't recommend it. Danielle was going to save her mast and sail, but the sail broke. The waitress was nice enough to bring her another one so I tried the one that broke. Have you ever tasted plastic? Well that is what it reminded me of.

Then the kids wanted to see if there was a single rider line for Pirates while dad and I scoped out a place for FANTASMIC! (I was so HAPPY that they brought it back one night sooner than planned.)

The only problem is, when FANTASMIC! was going, the line for Pirates was still moving. We were standing and that was ok, except for the people who put their kids on their shoulders and STOPPED right in front of us! That really bothered me because I was TRYING to tape it.

After that was over, we headed out of the park and back to the hotel to wait for our ride to LA. The bad thing is, I scheduled them to pick us up at 11:30 to give us plenty of time to do any last minute things but everyone was tired and we had to wait a LONG time before it showed up.

yellowrosedtxn
07-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I will post the things that we did do and didn 't do and what I still WANT to do when we go back. But I am planning our next vacation for Walt Disney World early next Jun and then Disneyland for Christmas 2007. That is the plan, we'll see how it pans out!!!

For now, take care and I'll post some of the good, bad, and ugly soon!

rentayenta
07-03-2006, 05:47 AM
Well this is our final day. I am really sad. I got up at 5:00 and made sure everyone else was up by 5:30 so that we can get to the gates by 6:30. We did not stop anywhere to eat, we just wanted to make sure we could be at the front of the line.

You have described me to a t. ;) I am also always the first one awake and trying to wrestle the rest into getting ready so we can go at an early hour. I also get very sad the last day. I am a geek and usually end up crying. :geek: I have really enjoyed your trip report and look forward to reading the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Any tips on talking everyone into getting up and not sleeping in? Sleeping in when at Disneyland is unimaginable to me.

yellowrosedtxn
07-03-2006, 06:01 AM
The things that we got to do:

Innoventions - AISMO and Talking with Stitch
Watching the 50th Movie with Steve Martin
Space Mountain - never rode this before
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Haunted Mansion since the changes
Pirates of the Carribbean since the changes
Animation Bldg - Talk with Crush
Paradise Pier - just walking through
California Screamin
It's Tough to be a Bug
Tower of Terror
Muppets 3D
Rode the Sun Wheel
Soarin over California
Grizzly River Run
Kids went to Redwood Creek
Mulholland Madness
Monsters, Inc. ride
a FEW Character Photos

Things we did NOT get to do/see.
Billy Hill and the Hill Billies
Sit at Refreshment Corner to listen to the Piano player
Maynerd
The Disney Gallery
Block Party Bash - Saw it last year, missed it every day this year.
Triton's Carousel
autographs and pictures with characters - like I said, we got a FEW, but not a lot.

yellowrosedtxn
07-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Things I forgot to say that the kids did get to do. When I checked into the Disneyland Hotel, we were handed a list of things that the kids (or family) could do. One thing that was available was to go to the Build-A-Bear Workshop an hour before it opened to make a new friend, dress them and pay before the store opened. My girls went to this on Friday - it is available Tuesdays and Fridays but you have to go through Guest Services to make your reservation.

My son got to do the "Be a Pirate" thing on Saturday at 1:00pm. This is where they learn how to talk like a pirate and then do a treasure hunt. Then you get some doubloons at the end. I'm not sure what all this was about because my dad took my son on this journey while I stayed at Disneyland with the girls on the red carpet.

Brittany did the Junior Chef thing at the Plaza Pavilion.

Rentayenta, I really don't know what to tell you to get them up and going in the morning. I finally got to the point where I told them that if they didn't get up then I was going to do Early Entry without them and I would come back for them when I was done. They decided they wanted to get up.

Glad you liked the report though. :-) I have a list of places that we did go eat too, but I don't know if anyone really cares! LOL I finally got to eat at White Water Snacks and I was really surprised at how big the portions are. Next time, we will half more food and spend less!!!

tmptink
07-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Great report. It sounds like you had a great time. That was great your dad went along too. I would be interested in where you ate at. I am always looking for different places to eat. Thanks for posting your report.

TinkerBell26
07-03-2006, 10:37 AM
You have described me to a t. ;) I am also always the first one awake and trying to wrestle the rest into getting ready so we can go at an early hour. I also get very sad the last day. I am a geek and usually end up crying. :geek: I have really enjoyed your trip report and look forward to reading the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Any tips on talking everyone into getting up and not sleeping in? Sleeping in when at Disneyland is unimaginable to me.

What my family did is get a really loud alarm clock or we used our megaphone.

If that doesnt work, (And if you have teenagers) i throw a pillow at them or pour cold water on them. Thats always fun to watch too

mi_mous
07-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Great trip reports!! I was there three of your days. Too bad I didn't know, or I would have looked around for you.

The premiere had us completely exhausted too! I just remember my whole body aching, and most of us got hungry standing waiting, since we were standing so long.

Glad you had fun! Maynard was working on Monday, we saw him at the Opera House. Too bad you missed him. He is really a riot! VERY nice, and very funny.