PDA

View Full Version : june 20-june 26 trip report bad!

simbaNnala101
06-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone, I just got back from disneyland. and I thought I would fill you in on a brief report being that I was at the park for 7 days. It was my best friends first trip so she had a great time but, my self who has been there this was my 26th visit and my third this year was very disappointed in many things.

June 20 great day, park was pretty slow good first day start to our trip.

June 21 the other 20 people of my family flew in and it started to get really busy. Now my parents are older in there late 50's and 60's and they go to disneyland and fly Walt Disney travel all of the time. They called to confirm there flight that they had booked in January and they said that there tickets were moved and they sat on opposite ends of the plane. Also at the time of booking there trip we knew that the premier would be going on but they never told them that the park was closing early or that pirates opened on a different day. That is my parents favorite ride luckly I got them on the 25th sneak preview but I felt as disney travel's job, they should have informed us some how even if they did not know for sure dates, they could have said well I would wait to book because of different dates and its not like this is there first red carpet premier they could have had some Idea. but anyways other then my familys plane issues it was an ok day except for the heat.

June 22 Great day way hot and very busy but it was way cool to watch them put those bletchers together and everything.

June 23 great day also went to bed way early and did not spend much time in the park because of the premier the next day.

June 24 Ok premier day!!!!! Crazy crazy crazy that is all I can say. My friend got up at 4 and in line at 4:30 and we meet her at 5:00 by the time we could get in line for the front gate we were only like 20 people behind the turn style. The family of 15 in front of us were of a different race and did not speak english well and none of there tickets were activated. So we got stuck and were very lucky to even get a spot on the bars of the red carpet. But we were back by the plaza Inn so we did not get to see all of the stars. We waited there for over 17 hours watched johnny not walk but run by and never even saw orlando. Thank god the person I went to see Kiera came up and talked to us and still did autographs but it was bad. It was way to hot, way to many people and just crazy for us to not even really see them.

June 25 opening for the blue bayou was very cool and then we managed to get on pirates while waiting for lunch which made my dad so excited. the food was beyond wounderful and it was very missed.

June 26 omg opening for pirates was rediculas, we could not even begin to attempt because of the line going out to main street. And I did not experience but heared about the drama of that ride breaking. I am glad I was not on it.

June 27 ok just a little something that I would put out there we were staying at the opposie end of harbor blvd at the Marriot Residence Inn. I greatly recommend that you do not stay at this hotel. My car got was broken into the day before we left and they shattered my window took a portable vhs player, a portable play station, my video camera case, thank God I had my camera, and my $1,200 louis vuitton speedy purse with my louis vuitton wallet and all of my make up and chargers and everything. And when I told them what happened they could have carred less. We were suppose to check out at 11 and the only extended it to noon . my brother in law the beast at 6'7 or 6'8 at almost 300 pounds scared them into extending it to 4 pm but when something like that happens the least you can do is extend the room without a fight. Also we found stuff trailing all along the front and side of the hotel and 4 other cars were attempted break into. They don't have any security cameras anywhere so I lost all of my stuff. They should have cameras of some sort.

Well that was my wonderful/horrible trip of my life. I hope this entertained you all and taught you something. Don't stay at the hotel, make sure to always question disney travel and get up at 3:30 not 4 for a premier.:D

~Ash~

DianeM
06-30-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm sorry you were robbed, but I have a different take home lesson. Don't EVER leave valuables in your car in a parking lot. Even supervised parking lots aren't totally safe. It's simply too easy for somebody to drive in, break a few windows, grab some stuff, and get out before security sees them. That's why most parking lot tickets have disclaimers about not being responsible for lost or stolen items. If possible, put things in a hotel safe. If not, at least leave them in the hotel room in a relatively concealed location. If something is stolen from your hotel room, the hotel should compensate you. Besides - the number of people who have access to your hotel room is far lower than the number who can break into your car in a parking lot. It doesn't matter which hotel you stay at.

Also - don't take expensive items on vacation unless you really need them. I'm sure that you love your $1,200 bag, but there are a lot of people out there who prey on distracted tourists - especially wealthy looking ones.

Well that was my wonderful/horrible trip of my life. I hope this entertained you all and taught you something. Don't stay at the hotel, make sure to always question disney travel and get up at 3:30 not 4 for a premier.:D

~Ash~

The old man
06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
...thank God I had my camera, and my $1,200 louis vuitton speedy purse with my louis vuitton wallet ...
Give thanks to the merciful God in heaven that they didn't get your $1,200 Louis Vuitton Speedy purse.

How's this--leave unneed expensive items at home and put the other stuff in your hotel room. You can also put some of these things in a DL locker if you are willing to drag them to the park.

Would I presume right that some of the taken items were visible in the car?

annieb727
06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
wow...i'm sorry you had such a rough time...i hope you still had some fun at DL - or maybe you just need another trip back (SOON) to get back some of that lost magic ;)

but i do agree...don't ever leave valuables in your car...we always virtually clean it out and take everything into our hotel room.

simbaNnala101
06-30-2006, 02:33 PM
oh I ma sorry I wrote something wrong they did get my purse!!! yeah not happy and most of the time I would have put it all in my trunk or in my hotel room but we did not get back untill 1am so we left it all b/c we were so tired.

~Ash~

Susan L
06-30-2006, 03:05 PM
oh I ma sorry I wrote something wrong they did get my purse!!! yeah not happy and most of the time I would have put it all in my trunk or in my hotel room but we did not get back untill 1am so we left it all b/c we were so tired.

~Ash~

Hard lesson learned. Leaving your stuff in your car was giving the thiefs the opportune moment. I hope you won't be doing that again.

june1st1997
06-30-2006, 03:53 PM
If your car was broken into... Perhaps try going through your insurance to get reimbursed for the lost items... Sure it might be a hassle... but it's gotta be better than nothing

Klutch
06-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Thieves will often break into cars whether or not there's something valuable inside. Obviously, if you do leave something valuable inside, the thieves will get it.

I think it's too bad that when someone get their vehicle broken into, our response is, "That's what you get for leaving stuff inside...". It really sucks that your valuables are not safe in a hotel parking lot near Disneyland.

A coworker of mine had the same experience while staying at the Portofino a few years ago. The thieves stole his kids' CD players and CD's. Of course, the big problem was that their van had a smashed window. The police said it was likely an inside job. That's even more disturbing.

Soon it will not only be in big cities where cars have big "NO RADIO IN CAR!" signs.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-30-2006, 04:12 PM
. I hope you won't be doing that again.

Good heavens, it almost sounds like you are saying she got what she deserved. :(

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

DianeM
06-30-2006, 04:39 PM
As you point out, it's not just Disneyland. It's never a good idea to leave your car unlocked or to leave anything valuable visible in your car. We get warned every christmas not to leave shopping bags visible in our cars - and I live in a fairly upscale area. Resorts and shopping malls tend to be popular targets for thieves, since there aren't a lot of people milling around in the parking area and there is a comfortable level of anonymity (with so many different people coming and going, who remembers one face?). I lived in a rural town and had my car stereo stolen because I forgot to remove the face plate on night. It happens. It would be nice if the Disneyland magic and security presence extended to the outer limits of the resort.

Another place to be careful - airports. My brother rented a DVD player so his son could watch movies on the plane, and it was stolen right off of his luggage cart in the baggage claim area. It's pretty easy for a thief to wander around the baggage claim area and take advantage of a parent who is trying to keep track of an excited child and loses sight of their luggage for a moment.

I think it's too bad that when someone get their vehicle broken into, our response is, "That's what you get for leaving stuff inside...". It really sucks that your valuables are not safe in a hotel parking lot near Disneyland.

A coworker of mine had the same experience while staying at the Portofino a few years ago. The thieves stole his kids' CD players and CD's. Of course, the big problem was that their van had a smashed window. The police said it was likely an inside job. That's even more disturbing.

Soon it will not only be in big cities where cars have big "NO RADIO IN CAR!" signs.

prncsmsj
06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
If your car was broken into... Perhaps try going through your insurance to get reimbursed for the lost items... Sure it might be a hassle... but it's gotta be better than nothing
I agree. You should really check into what they will cover on this. I know mine covers up to a certain amount. I am so sorry this happened to you, but it does serve as a reminder for all of us to be more careful. Glad you were able to enjoy some of your trip still.

jcruise86
06-30-2006, 06:08 PM
$1,200 for a purse?
America needs more Warren Buffetts.

rentayenta
06-30-2006, 06:20 PM
I am so sorry your car got broken into. :( Mine was broken into many years ago and I remember feeling so violated. Contact your insurance company-they might be able to help.

Susan L
06-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Good heavens, it almost sounds like you are saying she got what she deserved. :(

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

That is not what I said nor is it what I meant. I hope she learns from this bad experience and is more careful next time. Unfortunately we live in a very dishonest world.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-30-2006, 09:49 PM
I hope she learns from this bad experience and is more careful next time. Unfortunately we live in a very dishonest world.

I could not agree more. It's very sad that we have to be so precautionary. :crying:

simbaNnala101
07-01-2006, 04:37 AM
thank you all for your coments and ideas I have contacted my insurance companie I am just waiting for the police to send a writen report to them. thanx again.

~Ash~