PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Park Hopper Tickets...

annieb727
06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Hi...just wondering if you can upgrade park hopper tickets like you can to APs?

I have some friends that are going to DL and they have 2 day park hopper tickets...but now are thinking they might want ONE more day...obviously an AP is not the route they want to go, but can they upgrade to a 3 day park hopper? And pay the difference between the two?

Thanks!

Darkbeer
06-29-2006, 12:27 PM

I have some friends that are going to DL and they have 2 day park hopper tickets...but now are thinking they might want ONE more day...obviously an AP is not the route they want to go, but can they upgrade to a 3 day park hopper? And pay the difference between the two?

Thanks!

Yes, just go to any Main Entry Plaza Ticket Booths.

The one drawback, if you got your original ticket at a discount, you will have to pay full price for the new ticket (they give you credit for what you actually paid).

Malcon10t
06-29-2006, 12:28 PM

Thanks!I would try and do it thru Disney Travel and NOT at the ticket gates. The reason... Thru Disney Travel the price difference is $33 and at the ticket gate it is $53. To go to a 4 day hopper, it would be $53 before hand and $83 at the ticket booth.

annieb727
06-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I would try and do it thru Disney Travel and NOT at the ticket gates. The reason... Thru Disney Travel the price difference is $33 and at the ticket gate it is $53. To go to a 4 day hopper, it would be $53 before hand and $83 at the ticket booth.

how would you do that thru Disney Travel? Call them?? or What? I noticed the price difference on the website so I wasn't sure if they'd have to pay the $33 or the $53...they bought their tickets by calling a DL number directly, so they paid FULL price for them already...

pisces
06-29-2006, 01:02 PM
My advice is to check several different places. Get several different quotes, and try to get the name of the person you spoke with each time. I would call different AAA offices, and different outlets. One AAA might not sell park hoppers or do discounts, but calling a completely different office....each AAA seems to have different rules.

The AAA kiosk inside the Park, I'd check with them, also. The Disney Stores....I don't know what their policies are.

Shop around.

Malcon10t
06-29-2006, 02:34 PM
how would you do that thru Disney Travel? Call them?? or What? I noticed the price difference on the website so I wasn't sure if they'd have to pay the $33 or the $53...they bought their tickets by calling a DL number directly, so they paid FULL price for them already...
When I did it for friends, I had purchased the tickets thru AAA, which buys them from WDT. So I called WDT, explained my situation, and they directed me to go to the Walt Disney Travel back behind Compass Books when I arrived and I exchanged the 5 day tickets for 8 day tickets and paid the difference. I also added a children's free ticket to an adult ticket that we didn't get a Kid's Play Free ticket, and there was no charge. Have them call the ticket line (probably 714-781-4400) and ask if they can upgrade.