PDA

View Full Version : best place for pictures in Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

wishIwasthe_Mouse
06-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Any one have any good ideas for photo shots. i know we have a lot of Photogs on here. I am working on a coloage for a coffe table that is all Disney photos that you would have to know disneyland in ored to know what the photo was of. for example (the crows the sit on the skull heads on the exterior of Snow White) . cant wait to here some of your ideas and suggestions. one of my favorites is the pelican weather vain on top of the gallery over POTC.

darph nader
06-29-2006, 08:47 AM
A little off the wall,how about the 'shadow' of something? Maybe a steamtrain @ Main Street station,the Monorail @ the front gates(providing there's enough sunlight):cool:

CariBelle
06-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Courtyard of the Angels

wishIwasthe_Mouse
06-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I have a great one of the Train over by HM taken from the old FP line. Where is the courtyard of the Angels???

CariBelle
06-29-2006, 09:33 AM
In NOS, I always forget where the entrance is, I wanna say somewhere between the Pirates exit and BB?

wishIwasthe_Mouse
06-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Ahh yes when i was a kid we used to always take family pictures there on the stairs. (i didnt know it had a name) Thanks. :)

disneyperson
06-29-2006, 10:33 AM
You can take some very dramatic ones inside the queue to Indy.

Frogberto
06-29-2006, 11:00 AM
The "kodak picture spots" usually have good, even if postcardish, views. I like to capture spontaneous moments, with guests, or characters, like this picture I took recently:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/Frogberto/Disneyland06-25-06008.jpg

kirstie_29
06-29-2006, 11:14 AM
That is just the most adorable picture. I love shots like this from the park.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-29-2006, 11:14 AM
I like to capture spontaneous moments, with guests, or characters, like this picture I took recently:

That is adorable! Is that your child in the photo? Too cute!

wishIwasthe_Mouse
06-29-2006, 12:10 PM
You can take some very dramatic ones inside the queue to Indy.

Unfortunatly I do not have a flash for my Camera (actualy i like not haveing a flash) i have been useing my digital lately (it does have a flash) but i was going to be useing my old 35mm minolta that i used to take with me around the world. By the way your avatar is a realy cool shot. I like how you can just make out the flowers in the planter behind you. :)

going2disneyAZ
06-29-2006, 12:20 PM
In NOS, I always forget where the entrance is, I wanna say somewhere between the Pirates exit and BB?

That's the courtyard of angels.

going2disneyAZ
06-29-2006, 12:22 PM
With kids all around Pooh's corner there are nice backdrops. Go when they dont have character greets and you can have the area to yourself.

SeansMom
06-29-2006, 12:26 PM
The "kodak picture spots" usually have good, even if postcardish, views. I like to capture spontaneous moments, with guests, or characters, like this picture I took recently:

Love that picture!

I got some great shots from the train, and several are of things most people wouldn't connect to DL, like the one of the Indian Chief on the horse. Great idea, btw!

stan4d_steph
06-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Check out Frank Anzalone's Photo Tips articles on MousePlanet. Here's a link to his author page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/search.php?type=w&aid=fa). He's got some great tips on how to capture the magic. :)

amarvel
06-29-2006, 01:10 PM
you can check out my disney album for ideas....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/angelamarvel/sets/72057594067903827/

hbquikcomjamesl
06-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Storybook Land is good for scenic shots and videos. I've got a couple minutes of 8mm film of it. And if you have a nice fast lens, you can shoot the Electrical Parade on medium-speed film. (My 8mm camera has a REALLY fast lens, and I had no trouble getting nice footage on Kodachrome 40. Which reminds me of an evening many years ago, when it jammed, and I managed to beg the use of the camera shop's darkroom between Parades, in order to unjam it.)

bradk
06-29-2006, 01:20 PM
from the courtyard? http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/1465116/33/70034337

on that topic.. my favorite shot i took of NOS: http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/1465116/33/70034022

i gotta finish putting my photos... stupid WoW..

disneyperson
06-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Unfortunatly I do not have a flash for my Camera (actualy i like not haveing a flash) i have been useing my digital lately (it does have a flash) but i was going to be useing my old 35mm minolta that i used to take with me around the world. By the way your avatar is a realy cool shot. I like how you can just make out the flowers in the planter behind you. :)
Thanks. That's my daughter, Zero's Bark, she was waiting for me to come back from the ladies room and I thought she looked so great I snapped the shot. We have wonderful DL photos and almost all of them were shot with a kodak disposable fun saver. Zero likes to take black and white photos. Some of those are really neat. You can see details in Black and white that you might miss in color.

We also have a series of shots taken in front of various signs. We sometimes try on different crazy hats and accessories and pose.

I like to put people in my shots. Looking at shot after shot of scenery gets really dull really quick without a personal element.

Doug
06-29-2006, 01:43 PM
How about a picture of the old skyway station is fantasy land? It's still there ya know!

By the ways, I find it ironic that your signature is:
Perhaps he know's too much.... He's seen the cursed treasure.... He knows where it be hidden....

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES.

As this dialog has been removed from the ride...

Any one have any good ideas for photo shots. i know we have a lot of Photogs on here. I am working on a coloage for a coffe table that is all Disney photos that you would have to know disneyland in ored to know what the photo was of. for example (the crows the sit on the skull heads on the exterior of Snow White) . cant wait to here some of your ideas and suggestions. one of my favorites is the pelican weather vain on top of the gallery over POTC.

Doug
06-29-2006, 01:43 PM
How in the world did you manage to get a picture of that street without people?!

from the courtyard? http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/1465116/33/70034337

on that topic.. my favorite shot i took of NOS: http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/1465116/33/70034022

i gotta finish putting my photos... stupid WoW..

Doug
06-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok, now you have me curious, do you have those photo's online?

Personal element, I dunno about this... the problem is, who are you going to put in the pic? Not like I am married and have a wife to take a picture of, or a kid, I just go with my friend, and sometimes the friend is not the usuall one :) .... Hmm.. dunno.. maybe I will try taking the same shot with and without the human element and compare...

Thanks. That's my daughter, Zero's Bark, she was waiting for me to come back from the ladies room and I thought she looked so great I snapped the shot. We have wonderful DL photos and almost all of them were shot with a kodak disposable fun saver. Zero likes to take black and white photos. Some of those are really neat. You can see details in Black and white that you might miss in color.

We also have a series of shots taken in front of various signs. We sometimes try on different crazy hats and accessories and pose.

I like to put people in my shots. Looking at shot after shot of scenery gets really dull really quick without a personal element.

bradk
06-29-2006, 01:47 PM
that might have been when i took the train directly to NOS first thing to get some of the exterior shots of HM that follow. or I probably just lucked out. the parks were pretty dead that week.

disneyperson
06-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Ok, now you have me curious, do you have those photo's online?

Personal element, I dunno about this... the problem is, who are you going to put in the pic? Not like I am married and have a wife to take a picture of, or a kid, I just go with my friend, and sometimes the friend is not the usuall one :) .... Hmm.. dunno.. maybe I will try taking the same shot with and without the human element and compare...
Sadly I do not have an online album yet, but Zero is working on it.

During the renovations for the 50th we took a series of one or both of us wearing sad looks on our faces in front of every "sorry we're closed" sign we could find. The ones with the castle covered by a tarp are priceless. We experiment with angles too .

I guess I like to get people in the shots because I don't need scenic shots to remember what DL looks like. I do enjoy looking at a picture and remembering what was happening when we took it. CMs are very good about taking photos for you.

Frogberto
06-29-2006, 02:34 PM
That is adorable! Is that your child in the photo? Too cute!

yes, that is my little tadpole. Pluto was trying to interact with him, and just ended up sitting on the floor, imitating everything he was doing. Lots of laughter all around.