PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Anaheim [merged]

Pages : [1] 2

potzbie
06-29-2006, 07:45 AM
I had posted a trip report for Wed. June 28, 2006 (yesterday).
Consider this a post script to my trip report.
According to the LOS ANGELES TIMES, record heat afflicted the Southland.
Record temperatures in Woodland Hills and Riverside.
Over 100 F degrees.

Anaheim was 99 F degrees.

The "projected" high in the L.A. Times for Orange Country was to be the high 80s.
That's a miss of ten degrees.
Wow!

No wonder I had to lie down with a cold compress at the First Aid station on Main Street.

:)
Unconfirmed rumors say that the Abominable Snowman in the Matterhorn is attempting to sell air conditioners to guests as they pass by in bobsleds.
No report from guests has come back to confirm prices, delivery dates, or options on the air conditioners.
However, suspicious press releases from City Hall imply that Mickey Mouse will be climbing the Matterhorn dressed in Bermuda shorts and a Stitch-inspired Hawaiian shirt.
Please stand by for updates.
;)

Doug
06-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Yes, this is a bad time of year to go to the parks, not bad after the sun drops though.... and this is probably the busiest time of the year, people are crazy :)!

annieb727
06-29-2006, 10:58 AM
I know TONS of people go because it's summer vacation and they're out of school...but I think it's better to pull your kid out of school in the off season and go for a week or so THEN!! Make them do homework every evening, or whatever...but they'll probably enjoy it more!! WOW...

Now, I would go ANYTIME that you give me the chance...BUT my first choice will ALWAYS be off season - mid sept thru early march (except major holidays LOL)

Now saying that I don't want EVERYONE to start going in the off season -- that would not be fun for those of us who DO go in the off season...LOL

SeansMom
06-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I can't imagine DL in 99 degree heat. Me, I'm in my air conditioned house when the temp. climbs above 80 (yes, I am a wimp, thank you very much!)

Malcon10t
06-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Well, I was prepared for 80s, but now we go into the "prepare 100s" mode. Adding dog boots to the list, the dog cooler neck pad, the dog's lighter weight vest, HEY, why is everything to keep cool for the dog????

I hope I remember sunscreen. Oh and packets of peanut butter for when the dog gets gum in his fur from someone not using a trash can... There goes the dog stuff again...

pisces
06-29-2006, 01:05 PM
If it's like this now, in June......I can't even imagine September...which was always supposed to be the traditional hottest of the hot.

We are in for a time of it, this Summer, it seems.

Hurry up December!

raych30
06-29-2006, 01:46 PM
I can't imagine DL in 99 degree heat. Me, I'm in my air conditioned house when the temp. climbs above 80 (yes, I am a wimp, thank you very much!)

I am SO with you on this :D (about the heat, not the wimp part)

Micki0624
06-29-2006, 03:53 PM
I think Anaheim weather feels good no matter what. Try living in Arizona if you don't believe me.;)

erh12275
06-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I think Anaheim weather feels good no matter what. Try living in Arizona if you don't believe me.;)
I am feeling ya here. We live in CA but 5 mi from AZ border in the HOT desert. When we visited Disney 2 weeks ago...it felt like heaven. People were complaining about it being warm. I was just glad to be able to get in the car and touch the steering wheel w/ out burning my hands...:D

doombuggy driver
06-29-2006, 06:37 PM
99 degrees is beautiful compared to 115!

But it's a dry heat!

Malcon10t
06-29-2006, 07:00 PM
99 degrees is beautiful compared to 115!

But it's a dry heat!
I always laugh when I hear that. Above 100 is hot. I dont care if its a dry heat or not. And I have spent more time than I care to remember in Tucson in the summer. I know how hot it gets. I honestly don't know how people live in it. (But the monsoon storms are INCREDIBLE!!!!)

doombuggy driver
06-30-2006, 01:33 PM
I always laugh when I hear that. Above 100 is hot. I dont care if its a dry heat or not. And I have spent more time than I care to remember in Tucson in the summer. I know how hot it gets. I honestly don't know how people live in it. (But the monsoon storms are INCREDIBLE!!!!)
The only reason why I live in this heat is because I cannot afford to live in your heat! And the dry heat commnet is just a joke from us arizonians!

ps I just accepted a teaching position at a new high school and our school name is the Vally Vista Monsoon! Nice mascot.

wvnative
06-30-2006, 01:37 PM
(But the monsoon storms are INCREDIBLE!!!!)

Yes they are and hopefully we'll get some soon. Our numbers have been just about right for them

jsuperk
06-30-2006, 08:57 PM
It's tuff when people don't get out in the heat and have time to adjust to the heat. When My friends and went racing @ california speedway the air temp was 103 and the track was 145. I personally drank 2 gallons of water from 10 am to 7 pm. Also only 1 bathroom break. J

zombie pirate
06-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Forcast for tommorrow HOT, all this summer HOT, so dont wear black socks with short pants, Im trying to get congress to pass a law against it.:confused:

nursemelis374
06-30-2006, 10:52 PM
I just got back from Disneyland and it was warm! At 10 o'clock at night I was warm walking around in my tank tops and gauchos with flip flops.

Another Dimension
07-01-2006, 03:05 PM
It's BRIGHT and kinda HOT in Anaheim right now... and I'm not gonna make the Bash today, eh... someone say Hi! to the official Bash photog for me..., ok?
Thanky, eh!

Phantom2006
07-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I went to Disneyland yesterday and it was really hot. Near 95 degrees. I wore pants big mistake. So were sun screen, drink water, and wear shorts. I was really tempted to buy sorts in Down Town Disney.

HeAdAcHE
07-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Uncomfortably hot! Crowds make it worse. Go on a Tuesday.

barely
07-02-2006, 03:48 PM
I just read somewhere on here that September at DL is the "hottest of the hot". Is that true? I picked September to visit because I thought the hottest weather of the summer would be over. What should I really be prepared for? I get a 'sun headache' so easily.:crying:

Catcherman22
07-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Unfortunitly...

Spetember and October are the two hottest months of the year here in So Cal.

I Heart Disneyland!
07-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I'll vouch for that. When we were there mid-October last year we were sweltering a few of the days and I was shocked because I am from AZ originally and that was when we'd cool off down there!

DianeM
07-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Here is a chart that breaks down the monthly averages:

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm

As you can see, the average temperature in september is lower than july and august. Of course, that is "average". California still gets hot spells in september and october, and if the rainy season starts in earnest, it can get pretty muggy. A couple of years ago we went in october and hit a hot/muggy spell. It was in the 80's and raining. Absolute misery. The nice thing about hot days in fall is that it cools down sooner in the evening than during the summer. It's really not so bad. The only real way to be sure that it won't be hot is to travel during the winter, and then you might get stuck in rainy weather.

I just read somewhere on here that September at DL is the "hottest of the hot". Is that true? I picked September to visit because I thought the hottest weather of the summer would be over. What should I really be prepared for? I get a 'sun headache' so easily.:crying:

PAPACITO
07-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Wow. I went today Sunday 7/2. When I walked into the park it was almost empty. Then I went into the stores and found the troops soaking up the AC. People were lying all over the place. So miserably hot!!

cstephens
07-03-2006, 08:45 AM
For me, it wasn't the heat per se that was bad on Sunday - it's that the humidity was higher than normal. With heat, being out of the sun helps. With humidity, it doesn't. You also get that uncomfortable sticky feeling from all the moisture in the air.