PDA

View Full Version : Good places to eat?

disneyfreak75
06-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Going in October (14-19) with hubby and possibly another couple. we are all in our 30's (girls early, guys mid).

Any suggestions for good food that isn't too expensive. Are the character meals good/fun? Would like one that isn't too noisy. i hear that the goofy breakfast is good but can get quite noisy.

Goosegirl
06-28-2006, 11:50 PM
We have done the breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen but prefer Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian. We have been back there 3 times and will be going again in a few weeks. Yummy!!
Our favorite fine dining is at Catal in the Downtown Disney area. It is very, very good but not at all cheap.
We like the Pacific Wharf Cafe in California Adventures for the soup in a breadbowl. Yummy and filling and very nice sitting on the "wharf".
Also, there is a hot dog stand right on the end of Main Street. If you are walking toward the center of Disneyland, right past the camera shop and the baby care center, you will see the hot dog stand. These are WONDERFUL hot dogs!
Oh and the Pineapple whip in the Tiki Room is great and cheap.
We love eating at the Blue Bayou but will probably skip it this year due to cost. It has gotten wayyyyy more expensive according to recent reports. But we will try the Cafe Orleans instead I think.
Oh, and we usually have a meal at the Hungry Bear Restaurant. They have good burgers and you can sit over looking the river and Tom Sawyer Island.

stan4d_steph
06-29-2006, 05:51 AM
If you search and scan through this forum, you'll find many threads on the subject of favorite eateries.

MousePlanet also has a User Review Database (http://www.mouseplanet.com/reviews) where readers submit their opinions on hotels and restaurants.

Personally I wouldn't bother with a character breakfast as a fellow thirtysomething. The only one I would consider is Storyteller's Cafe for breakfast. The food is excellent and the character interaction low-key.

Another favorite for less expensive food is Whitewater Snacks, just around the corner from Storyteller's.

The new Cafe Orleans menu is getting positive reviews from folks as well. I haven't tried it yet. :)

disneyochem
06-29-2006, 06:19 AM
I second the Storyteller's Cafe for your group. It is a nice place to eat that is Disney but not too Disney! Good food (my hubby and I split entrees) and you can have a beer or a glass of wine with your food. Prices are reasonable.

In the park, we like the Carnation Cafe as a sit-down dinner. Food is consistently good and costs about as much as the walk-up places.

Don't think you can go wrong anywhere in DTD. House of Blues is great to go to, listen to music and eat.

My girlfriends and I love to eat appetizers (with margaritas!) at the Cove Bar in DCA. Sometimes that is all we eat until dinner.

Oh, also, Hook's Point is a great place to eat (DLH)---food is good, priced reasonably for resort places, decent wine list and great waitpeople!

I agree--character meals might be a bit much for what you want. If you do decide to go, hit the very first sitting or the very last. The crowds and noise tends to do lower then.

Have fun.