PDA

View Full Version : October Disneyland tips

disneyfreak75
06-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Any tips for October? Is it worth going to the halloween bash for kids? are any of the parades and fireworks not going to be going on? Should we take advantage of the 4th night free at the Paradise Pier or stay at the carousel inn or candy cane inn? Any help would be great.

stan4d_steph
06-29-2006, 06:12 AM
Check out this thread for ideas on October (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=55973&highlight=october).

Searching on "Halloween treat" will bring up threads from this year and last that should help you decide about Mickey's Halloween Treat.

Jim Hawkins
06-29-2006, 06:20 AM
We went last October and it was great. We didn't go to the bash last year because we didn't know about it but are planning on going this year (Oct 18-22). The parade was on, we saw Fantasmic Friday and Saturday night. Fireworks was on as well. I am in the same problem on the hotel. We stayed at PPH last year and really liked it, but this year the Monorail will not be running. The only advantage of staying at PPH would be the early entrance if they are still doing it everyday. If the price is close, and they are still doing EE everyday, PPH is the way to go. If there is a big price difference I would stay off site.

going2disneyAZ
06-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Does anyone know when to expect DLR to have the October calendar on the disneyland.com website?

wvnative
06-29-2006, 08:10 AM
O.k., I am officially out of the loop. As much as we love Disneyland, I never had any idea they did so many things. We are not AP holders and have only been there twice. How would I get tickets for the Halloween treat. Is it something even my teenagers (girls) would enjoy? Do they have to dress up? Where would I find more info on this?

I'm taking my DD and two of her friends in Oct to celebrate her Sweet 16. She has already informed me that we are riding every ride that's open and I'm sure this is something she'd like to do as well considering that Halloween is our favorite holiday (next to her bday...lol).

kohl
06-29-2006, 08:54 AM
I think I heard that they are selling tickets to the public on July 1st, but I'm sure someone on this board knows for sure. They should have it up on the Disneyland website soon, if it is not already up. (I know they have it in the AP section).
I think teenagers would love it. We went last year and had a great time. (My kids were 7 and 9) We got to ride TofT twice in a row without getting off! You could practically walk on the rides. Most were open, but I can't remember what was not open. The games were all free and they gave candy away instead of prizes. They also gave away a ton of candy to everyone that had a ticket so we left with a ton of candy!
This year we are going for two of the days instead of just one.

disneyfreak75
06-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Here is the response i got from emailing DL. tickets are on sale soon which is why i want to know if it is worth us buying tickets...

For kids, the only thing more fun than trick-or-treating at Halloween is trick-or-treating at
Mickey's Halloween Treat, a private costume party in Disney's California Adventure Park. This
not-so-scary celebration lets little ghosts and goblins (and princesses, pirates and superheroes
too) join their Disney Character friends for an evening of Halloween fun and games. In addition to
collecting candy and surprises at treat stations throughout the park, kids and their families will
enjoy lively music, interactive games and special activities. It's Halloween Disney style!

For the 2006 season, Mickey's Halloween Treat is currently being offered:
October 26, 30 and 31 from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
October 13, 20, 22, 27 and 29 from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.

Please note the following pricing, depending on your affiliation:
o Beginning July 1 through the day before your date of choice, tickets are available to the General
Public for advanced purchase at a discounted price of $24 per Guest. They may be purchased online at
www.disneyland.com/tickets, at our Main Entrance ticket booths, from the Front Desk of any Hotel of
the Disneyland Resort, or by calling our Ticketing & Reservations line at (714) 781-4400.
o Beginning April 3 through the day before your date of choice, Disneyland Resort Annual
Passholders may purchase tickets at a discounted price of $19 per Guest, when applicable card is
presented. These tickets may be purchased online at www.disneyland.com/ap in the Special Offers
page, at our Main Entrance ticket booths, or by calling our Ticketing & Reservations line at (714)
781-4400.
o Beginning April 3 through July 15, Disney Visa cardholders may purchase tickets at a discounted
price of $19 per Guest, when applicable card is presented. However, if purchased from July 16
through the day before your date of choice, tickets for Disney Visa cardholders are discounted to
$24 per Guest. Tickets may be purchased online (link undetermined at this point), at our Main
Entrance ticket booths, or by calling our Ticketing & Reservations phone at (714) 781-4400.
o Day Of Event tickets, if available, may be purchased for $29 per Guest at the Main Entrance
ticket booths.

All Guests 3 years of age and over must have an event ticket. Guests may purchase a limit of 8
tickets per event date. Space is limited and tickets are available while supplies last.
Complimentary parking at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure is included with your Mickey's
Halloween Treat admission (larger vehicles may require an additional fee). All Guests will receive a
trick or treat bag once they enter Disney's California Adventure park.

We request that all Event Guests, including adults, adhere to the following guidelines:
o Costumes should be child-friendly and not obtrusive, offensive or violent
o Guests may wear masks, but the masks must not obstruct vision and Guests' eyes must be visible at
all times
o Guests that look like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other
Guests
o Guests that do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless their
costume can be modified to meet the above standards
o All costumes must adhere to any guidelines as determined solely by Disney.
o Offer and event information and activities are subject to restrictions and change without notice.

The event will include the following:
o Trick or treat stations
o Character photo opportunities
o Character meet and greet opportunities
o Music locations providing loads of music and lots of interactive fun
o Special activity areas
o Access to select attractions in "a bug's land", Hollywood Pictures Backlot and Paradise Pier
o Access to select food and merchandise locations

wvnative
06-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Great Info! Thanks!!!

The old man
06-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Here is the response i got from emailing DL. tickets are on sale soon which is why i want to know if it is worth us buying tickets...Do they close the park to regular guests during the event?

annieb727
06-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Do they close the park to regular guests during the event?

YES! The park closes early on that day - and then is reopened for the event to ticket holders only.

Susan L
06-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Any tips for October? Is it worth going to the halloween bash for kids? are any of the parades and fireworks not going to be going on? Should we take advantage of the 4th night free at the Paradise Pier or stay at the carousel inn or candy cane inn? Any help would be great.

October is a good time to go. I haven't done the Halloween Bash so, I won't comment on that one.

Fireworks are only on Friday and Saturday nights. Fantasmic the same unless it is on hiatus. Parades at Disneland if I remember correctly are during the evening hours except for the weekends then I think they have two showings.

I would definately stay at PPH. Get a a room with a park view, it will not disappoint you. Also if you are there on a weekend, with a park view room and if the Electrical Parade is running you can watch it from your room, best seats in the house.

The old man
07-04-2006, 02:57 PM
YES! The park closes early on that day - and then is reopened for the event to ticket holders only.
If you have tickets to the bash do you have to evacuate and then come back in?

disneyfreak75
07-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Darn it the halloween events are the day before we get there and the day after we leave!!! Figures. I guess i'll have to try the KBF halloween scare and the Universal event...that stinks.

WITron
07-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Darn it the halloween events are the day before we get there and the day after we leave!!! Figures. I guess i'll have to try the KBF halloween scare and the Universal event...that stinks.

I don't know if you have kids or not, but the Halloween event at KBF is definately not for kids.

disneyfreak75
07-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Nope no kids. DL is the only website that has any details on the halloween events. i am getting anxious and want to plan. wish they would all hurry up!! So excited to go to DL. I feel like a little kid again....