PDA

View Full Version : How sad is this... [DLR trip planning]

canadianmom
06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
We are heading back to Disneyland in November this time with my brother and his family (first timers) and it is looking like our trip is based solely on food! I just read about the new menu at Cafe Orleans, as well as Blue Bayou, so we are definitely going to both of those, as well Goofy's kitchen, Rain Forest Cafe, then there are the small treats, rice krispie squares at that wonderful store near the Winnie the Pooh ride, and those tiger tail marshmallows covered in orange chocolate, there is also the desserts at the Plaza Inn restuarant on Main Street. I have started hitting the exercise bike already! Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get my brother on Splash Mountain, but the food! oh my gosh!

I Heart Disneyland!
06-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I am all about eating my way from the main gates to Toontown!!!!!!! I have all of my favorite DL treats and I so look forward to hitting each spot when I'm there. Not to mention some favorite Mexican food joints around DL, in Anaheim.

Susan L
06-28-2006, 08:41 PM
We are heading back to Disneyland in November this time with my brother and his family (first timers) and it is looking like our trip is based solely on food! I just read about the new menu at Cafe Orleans, as well as Blue Bayou, so we are definitely going to both of those, as well Goofy's kitchen, Rain Forest Cafe, then there are the small treats, rice krispie squares at that wonderful store near the Winnie the Pooh ride, and those tiger tail marshmallows covered in orange chocolate, there is also the desserts at the Plaza Inn restuarant on Main Street. I have started hitting the exercise bike already! Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get my brother on Splash Mountain, but the food! oh my gosh!

OMG, my blood sugar just went through the roof :D

Smeecanada
06-28-2006, 08:45 PM
We are heading back to Disneyland in November this time with my brother and his family (first timers) and it is looking like our trip is based solely on food!

Like my DH commented the other night when we were discussing the very same subject. "You don't go to Disneyland to diet."

I can't wait....only 16 more days to go....

disneyochem
06-29-2006, 06:28 AM
And don't forget the candy place on Main Street. We always look forward to watching them make the candy---almost as much fun as it is to eat the candy! :)

My hubby will only eat the corn dogs at DL. He refuses to eat them anywhere else and always says "I'll wait until DL to get a great corn dog!"

SifuJustin
06-29-2006, 06:49 AM
I hate sea food but I have had the best Fish & Chips at the Rainforest Cafe. Not sure why it was so good, but it was.

Moi

Leap for Joy
06-29-2006, 07:20 AM
LOL, sounds normal to me!
One of my favorite DL memories is when I bought a chocolate covered strawberry and ate it on a bench on mainstreet near the flagpole. It was the BEST feeling! Chocolate covered strawberries outside of the park will never compare to that experience!

kohl
06-29-2006, 08:56 AM
My mom and I always say that we EAT our way through Disneyland!:eek:

rentayenta
06-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Not sad at all! :D I plan where we are going to eat too. And I have little rituals of what I eat when. For instance, I love an iced mocha during the parade. I have to have an icey cold Coca Cola with my popcorn and I always eat my popcorn while waiting in line for the HM. We have to have churros while waiting in line for IASW and ice cream is a must in Tomorrowland. In the morning I like to have bites of Rocky Road with my coffee. Dole Floats are a must in the Tiki Room :geek:

You don't even want to read my real meal game plan. ;)

annieb727
06-29-2006, 10:38 AM
one of the most fun is the dining experiences at DL...I am currently on a diet (and have already lost 20 lbs - YAY for me!!), but I cannot imagine treking over to DL and NOT eating all those yummy treats...

Monte Cristo, Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Frozen Lemonade, Churros, Ice Cream...YUMMMMMMM...

I figure I need to lose a bunch more before my trip so the 10-15 pounds I gain on my trip won't hurt as much :p

cwhit45
06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm the same way, I look forward to DLR food as much as everything else. My favorite is the peanut butter sandwiches from the candy store on Main St. Also the pasta at Pizza Port!!. I can't wait until September!!!!

dlandnut
06-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Please note that if it's a food post...........I'm there, lol. Don't forget the Corn Dog Castle in CA. Best corndogs, hands down! Have a great time. :) Do a food trip report when you return???

splash
06-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Where do you get the baked potato soup. Would love to try it.
For me it is the frozen bananas, Dole whip and food from Bengal Barbecue although, I think that may be gone.

sierranevada
06-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Hey - you have to eat all that food to fuel all that walking around DL/CA/DTD - right????;)

averagedork
06-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Baked potato soup is at Carnation Cafe.

I love Disney food. I get cravings for the meatballs at Pizza Port. I haven't been there for so long. My only complaint is that while I love the fries at Whitewater, they are so salty. I get bloated so fast.

...plus the beer at Karl Straus keg cart is yummy.

Vegitabeta
06-29-2006, 12:57 PM
I love the food in the Disney parks, but usually I forget to eat, 'cos I'm so excited!:eek:

frank828
06-29-2006, 01:03 PM
mmm dont forget about the desserts at the riverbelle terrace. Strawberry shortcake and the chocolate fudge cake are my favorites.

also the bbq platter is really good and a pretty good deal if you ask me. 11.90 or so for 2-3 ribs, chicken, bbq beans, cornbread, coleslaw. (i just ate this two days in a row haha)

I Heart Disneyland!
06-29-2006, 01:05 PM
You can get strawberry shortcake at Blue Ribbon Bakery too...it is SOOOO good! I love getting it in summertime.

Frogberto
06-29-2006, 02:40 PM
The food at the Cafe Orleans is great - we ate there last night. And don't forget the humble but delicious Dole Pineapple Whip - unique to Disneyland, and very tasty and refreshing on a hot day.

Between the bacon wrapped asparagus at Bengal BBQ, and the fusilli pasta at Red Rocket's Port, and the garlic fries at Cafe Orleans, I'm developing a huge list of favorites at the park!

Micki0624
06-29-2006, 03:51 PM
At any Disney park we plan our meals. Especially when we go to WDW because there are so many options. I get excited to just go to restaurants in SoCal like Angelo's and Vinci's and Mrs. Knotts. We will take the time to always have a great dining experience.

JookyG
06-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Considering all the miles I walk in a single day at Disneyland, and all the calories I burn running from one ride to another and from one end of the park to another just to get fastpasses, I have absolutely no problem pigging out on all the great snacks!

Mmmmmmm...chocolate-dipped macaroons from the Blue Ribbon, with an espresso. My personal favorite.

erh12275
06-29-2006, 04:05 PM
The food at the Cafe Orleans is great - we ate there last night. And don't forget the humble but delicious Dole Pineapple Whip - unique to Disneyland, and very tasty and refreshing on a hot day.

Between the bacon wrapped asparagus at Bengal BBQ, and the fusilli pasta at Red Rocket's Port, and the garlic fries at Cafe Orleans, I'm developing a huge list of favorites at the park!
What does the Fusili pasta at Red Rocket's taste like. It looked great when I was there..but I am always afraid to try white sauce and have it taste like gravy...yes it has happened to me....YUCK.

rentayenta
06-29-2006, 06:07 PM
What does the Fusili pasta at Red Rocket's taste like. It looked great when I was there..but I am always afraid to try white sauce and have it taste like gravy...yes it has happened to me....YUCK.

I am leary of white sauces too. I have had some really bad ones. I stick to the marinara sauce at Disneyland.

I have never had the strawberry shortcake from DL. Might have to put that on my "to do" list.

Malcon10t
06-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Its an alfredo type sauce. It is excellent. I always get an extra side of it.

erh12275
06-30-2006, 06:43 AM
You can get strawberry shortcake at Blue Ribbon Bakery too...it is SOOOO good! I love getting it in summertime.
Is it a real strawberry thing...or is it like the strawberry jelly type stuff. I love real strawberries but can't do the fake stuff.