PDA

View Full Version : What is the Downtown Disney dress code?

Darkbeer
06-28-2006, 01:40 PM
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1609653/1/78285995/Large (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1609653/1/78285995/Large)

Really surprised to see this, and then he walked thru the security check, and the CM didn't even ask him to put his shirt on......

Osky
06-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Interesting. Based on some things I have seen, they don't seem to have one. My wife and I saw a woman in WoD wearing those tight shorts that have writing across the butt. Only, this woman was probably in her fifties, and the shorts looked like they belonged to a three-year-old, and they were not even covering the essentials, if you know what I mean. And no, it was not something you would want to look at... :rolleyes:

wvnative
06-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Looks to me like he needs to put his shirt on and pull up his britches. lol

CamCay
06-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Though i don't agree with this, Downtown Disney is a public place, just like any street in town and i suppose there wouldn't be a dress code unless you were entering shops or restaurants, etc. However, I assume he wouldn't be able to enter the park like this, correct? I do use opportunities like these to show my kids what NOT to do in public, and explain how inappropriate it is in public places. His mom, it appears, did not.

OCCOBRA
06-28-2006, 02:32 PM
No shirt no service in my book. Go back to the beach...

Osky
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Actually, think it more of a shopping mall. DD is privately owned, just like a mall, and they can enforce a dress code.

CamCay
06-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Actually, think it more of a shopping mall. DD is privately owned, just like a mall, and they can enforce a dress code.

Do you think the CM wasn't doing their job? Or maybe just uncomfortable with asking? If it is private like a mall i am shocked he got through there without anyone asking him to put a shirt on or get out.

Osky
06-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Do you think the CM wasn't doing their job? Or maybe just uncomfortable with asking? If it is private like a mall i am shocked he got through there without anyone asking him to put a shirt on or get out.

If this is directed at me, I have no idea. I know they can enforce a dress code, just don't know why they chose not to.

pisces
06-28-2006, 04:00 PM
We're having an abnormally hot June. The temperatures are getting up to 90 in some places. It's not usually this hot, and we are only one week into Summer.

As far as attire, ......

....this is one of the reasons why I go in December, when things are more festive and people treat it more like a special occasion, in dress and demeanor.

When you go to Disneyland in Summer......don't be surprised at what you find.

They wouldn't dare during Christmas!

Disneygirl65
06-28-2006, 04:03 PM
I just got back from a 4 nighter at DLR. I saw people wearing things that little kids just should not have to see. The fashion police could have had a field day down there. More on topic, I saw 2 guys without shirts on walking into DL. I questioned that too, but then chalked it up to the humid weather??

pisces
06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
I just got back from a 4 nighter at DLR. I saw people wearing things that little kids just should not have to see.

Big kids don't like it either, trust me.

Nothing to be done, except go during Christmas from now on! We aren't even at the hottest point of the Summer yet.

Andrew
06-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Someone ought to put up a Web page showing the worst Disneyland fashion offenses.

pisces
06-28-2006, 04:16 PM
....and the best.

...with prizes.

When I get to my hotel room, before I do anything I spend at least a half-hour ironing.

What's my reward for goin' to all that effort?

Someone with their shirt off.

:crying:

DwoernAdale
06-28-2006, 05:30 PM
There is always this site, though I'm sure it has been posted in the past. http://www.pattywack.com/launch.html Snarky but funny.

cstephens
06-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Someone ought to put up a Web page showing the worst Disneyland fashion offenses.

:p

I managed to get the husband to take a picture of one interesting sight, but I don't remember where the picture is now. The problem is taking the pictures without being obtrusive and being quick enough too. I mean, can you imagine a total stranger asking to take your picture...?

And yes, we still invoke Mrs. Hair's name when we see a blatant example.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I was once at DL when my kids were small. There was a gal pushing a baby stroller.....wearing a t-shirt that said the F word ALL over it. It was quite charming. :rolleyes:

SarahShep
06-28-2006, 09:51 PM
There was an entire family of mullets (mom mullet, dad mullet and kid mullet) in Jaunary when we went to DL. We ran into them both on the DLRR and in Pieces of Eight. We got video of them to show to the family back home since we knew no one would believe it!

PragmaticIdealist
06-29-2006, 05:24 AM
Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times everywhere on Disney's property, except at the spa and pool areas of the hotels.

The hosts and hostesses at the security checkpoints were not doing their jobs if said staff did not inform the guest of the dress code.

Osky
06-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times everywhere on Disney's property, except at the spa and pool areas of the hotels.

Pants are optional. :eek:;)

mad4mky
06-29-2006, 08:22 AM
They wouldn't dare during Christmas!

Not so true. I have been to DLR during December and January...when there has been a heat spell.:)

Barbossa
06-29-2006, 08:55 AM
I know they can enforce a dress code, just don't know why they chose not to.

You bet they can. I was booted from DLR 20 years ago for wearing a T-Shirt that would be considered tame these days.

pisces
06-29-2006, 01:09 PM
I've seen pictures from the 1950s and the ladies were wearing dresses and gloves.

The men were in suits.

I don't know if that went on in 100 degree heat, though.

JCLowesman
06-29-2006, 02:20 PM
I've seen pictures from the 1950s and the ladies were wearing dresses and gloves.

The men were in suits.

I don't know if that went on in 100 degree heat, though.

July 17th, 1955 it was hot enough to keep the newly laid pavement soft, causing many of the aforementioned well dressed women to ruin their high heels.

On the hottest days of summer ,way back when, it was ok to remove your jacket, but the tie stayed on, gloves became optional for the ladies, but hats were rarely removed.

Our parents were a TOUGH breed back then!;)

Vegitabeta
06-30-2006, 01:05 AM
There is always this site, though I'm sure it has been posted in the past. http://www.pattywack.com/launch.html Snarky but funny.
Lol! Although, the one who got pooed on, he probably didn't know!