PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland Madness

Mara C.
04-29-2002, 12:26 PM
I was just wondering what the difference between <single rider> lines and <Kid swap pass> lines? It seems to me, single riders wait an awful lot longer.than the Kid swappers. I must of waited 25 min. last time and I was the 3rd one in line. Anyone else had this problem>?:confused: :crying:

MonorailMan
04-29-2002, 12:28 PM
Kid Swap- Child doesn't want to ride, so Mom rides, then gets off, dad hands kid to Mom, Dad Rides.

Single Rider- Like a seat filler. :)

hbquikcomjamesl
04-29-2002, 02:14 PM
Actually, I should think it's usually more a case of "kid is inelligible to ride, usually because he/she is too short."

In effect, kid swap backdoors the babysitting parent once the rest of the party waits out the entire line, rides, and returns, while single rider provides a much shorter (but much slower-moving) line to those willing to fill empty seats.

My first experience with single rider was on Soarin', the last time I was in DCA. Other first-time single-riders were wondering why the single rider line was moving so slowly; I commented that we probably weren't waiting any longer than the people in the regular line, and we got to spend the entire wait inside, and out of the wind.