PDA

View Full Version : Free Limo rides ?

Mara C.
04-29-2002, 12:00 PM
Has anyone eaten at Marri's on Katella? Last time we went there, We got a free Limo ride back to our hotel. It was a great highlight of our trip. The driver carries poloroid in the front seat and takes your pic. in case you forgot your camera. It's soooo cool. We went in March. And we'll be back in 21 days.:cool: :)

gn2dlnd
04-29-2002, 04:14 PM
Sounds fun, what's the address? And what's the menu like? $, $$, or $$$? The last time I ate at Hollywood and Dine I got a free superstar limo ride to nowhere.

Hyperboy
04-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by gn2dlnd
Sounds fun, what's the address? And what's the menu like? $, $$, or $$$? The last time I ate at Hollywood and Dine I got a free superstar limo ride to nowhere.

ROFL :D

Unfortunately, you can't even get that anymore! Oh well, that's DCA for ya!

TP2000
04-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Superstar Limo is closed indefinitely. According to disneyland.com it opens September, 2003. That's a year and a half from now.

And the Hollywood and Dine Food Court has been closed for months and months. They don't even open it on the weekends just for lunch anymore. It is sitting there collecting dust, completely shut down.

In Al's latest update, he mentions that it may never reopen. It may be the location for a new attraction, or something else entirely, several years from now.

I had the chinese food there twice, and it was HORRIBLE. It was like really stale Panda Express food drenched in salt. I like Panda Express, but this Hollywood and Dine stuff was just awful. I tried the deli sandwich once, and it had soggy bread and a funny taste to the meat. And on top of all this, the prices there were exorbitant. My chinese meal cost about 5 dollars more than the same Panda Express meal costs at any shopping mall in the country.

That about did it in for me with Hollywood and Dine. I stopped going there a few months after DCA opened. And apparently so did everyone else.

The place is shut down and abandoned now.

cstephens
04-30-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by TP2000
I had the chinese food there twice, and it was HORRIBLE.

So you went back after the first time you had the horrible Chinese food there? :)

I had the Chinese food there as well on one of the AP preview days and thought it was pretty bad. I don't mind shopping mall Chinese food as long as it's ok, but I agree that this stuff was way worse. I've been warning anyone I know away from it.

/cs

kranders
04-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Hollywood and Dine was open when I stopped in there on Sunday, 4/21.
It was pretty empty but I think that was because no one knew it was open.

gn2dlnd
05-01-2002, 04:52 PM
It's too bad they can't get some decent food in there and table service maybe. The atmosphere is great, I know most of those old Hollywood restaurants (usually after they were closed down and turned into something else), and it's fun to see what the insides looked like. I'd hate to see the place closed for good just because they can't look across the promenade at the Blue Bayou to see that people are willing to spend money on a nice meal in an entertaining atmosphere. Oh, wait a minute, this was a thread about Marri's, where did you say it was?

tink360
05-02-2002, 12:44 AM
What kind of food does Marri's have? Price range? I would guess it must be expensive enough to cover the limo ride.

I went to The White House restaurant a little over a year ago, it had wonderful Italian food. The food is a little pricey, but considering the quality it is worth it. If they offered transportation we'd make a point of dining there every trip to disneyland.

80S ERA
05-02-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by tink360

I went to The White House restaurant a little over a year ago, it had wonderful Italian food. The food is a little pricey, but considering the quality it is worth it. If they offered transportation we'd make a point of dining there every trip to disneyland.

I went to Anaheim White House for Valentine's Day and spent the most I've ever spent on a dinner for two. I, personally, do not think it was worth the price. I caterogize their entrees as one of those, "all plate, no food" dishes for over $30 a piece.

I do like the Orange Hill Restaurant and the Westin Bonaventure Restaurant (on top floor) as 2 of my dinning favorites.

tink360
05-02-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by 80S ERA

I went to Anaheim White House for Valentine's Day and spent the most I've ever spent on a dinner for two. I, personally, do not think it was worth the price. I caterogize their entrees as one of those, "all plate, no food" dishes for over $30 a piece.

I do like the Orange Hill Restaurant and the Westin Bonaventure Restaurant (on top floor) as 2 of my dinning favorites.

I don't recall the prices being out of this world, but maybe I ordered menu items that were on the lower end of the price scale. I had the gnocchi (to die for) and a fancy stacked salad that had crab & avocado & almost looked too pretty to eat. Have to confess my boyfriend at the time was buying. Don't think it's more expensive than Blue Bayou, & IMO it's better. Service however may be another matter, depending upon your tolerance for snobby waitresses.

80S ERA
05-03-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by tink360

...Service however may be another matter, depending upon your tolerance for snobby waitresses.

More like SNOOTY waitresses. I've encountered more than my share. I mean, just because I don't know the whole darn history of fine wines I shouldn't be eating there? For example, my girlfriend and I were dining at Orange Hill last year and we told the wine guy (they have some fancy title which I forgot) that we like a Merlot called "Cheateu de St. Michelle." He told us that they didn't carry that particular wine and suggested some other bottles which happened to be over $100 a pop! We went against his advise of wine and decided to order a central coast merlot that costed $38 for the bottle. He responded by rolling his eyes and saying under his breath, "OK -- but that's a totally different wine!"

I was about to say, "Do I have to spell it out? I don't have $100 to spend on a bottle of wine! There! But I still make more money than you!":D

Back to the White House - I guess the check would have been reasonable had we not ordered a bottle of wine, now that I think of it.

Kevin Yee
05-04-2002, 02:04 AM
Hollywood and Dine hasn't been closed for months. I saw it open a few weekends ago, too. But I do think it will be closing indefinitely any day now (if indeed that day hasn't already come; aren't there walls up now?)

But who knows. Plans change all the time.

The food was pretty bad, by all accounts. I can think of two positives for the place:

1. they gave free soda refills (something you won't get at Taste Pilot's Grill)
2. the Hollywood backdrop reminded me of the "Sci-Fi Drive-In" restaurant at WDW. It was neat.

Morrigoon
05-04-2002, 07:34 PM
I think the fancy word you're looking for might be "Sommelier" (hope I spelled that right)