PDA

View Full Version : Electric Parade Viewing

josephfive
06-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi,

Who has been there recently and has some great spot to view it? I did a search but the posts were a bit old and I was confused about topics of running the parade backwards, etc.

Anyhoo, it's me and my three young kids and we would just love to see it and thanks in advance!

~ Jo5

Smeecanada
06-27-2006, 04:48 PM
When we went early last September, we had a great spot around GRRR area. We picked up dinner from Award Weiners and just camped out. The parade was running towards the entrance plaza at that time.

annieb727
06-27-2006, 06:30 PM
do you think this will still be showing about the 11th of september, or will it only be weekends then??

acpalmer
06-27-2006, 06:34 PM
We were there about two weeks ago and we watched from some benches in the front entry plaza--where the parade is ending up and going around in a circle. We left the park right after and although it was crowded, it wasn't hard getting out. People were sitting on the ground in front of us, but we were able to see everything no problem. We got there about an hour or so ahead of time and ate some snacks and I left to get the kids mouse ears at the California shop across the way, but the other four stayed and were able to hold my place with no problem.

ktrm
06-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Does the electrical parade take the same route as the Block Party Bash? Does it go from Paradise Pier area to Sunshine Plaza? I thought I read somewhere that watching it from the Golden Dreams area is good.

JudgeDoom
06-27-2006, 11:46 PM
try the area in front of Fliks Fun Fair, you can usually get benches there 30 minutes before the parade.

JudgeDoom
06-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Does the electrical parade take the same route as the Block Party Bash? Does it go from Paradise Pier area to Sunshine Plaza?
correct

biolabetty
06-27-2006, 11:57 PM
I watched it last week from a table next to the boat play area. It is supposed to be an eating area for the Burger Invasion (aka McDonalds), and we did do that, but there were a few other people that were just sitting there enjoying the parade. We got a table right next to the front wall and could see everything very well since we were a little higher than the street area. We were probably about 8 feet away from the floats at this location, but we didn't get there until 15 minutes before the parade and there was a lot of space available. I didn't even realize it existed until I looked for a place to eat and followed the boat to some tables.

Last month I watched it from the Golden Dreams area sitting on the street. That was a good place to watch from since you could exit towards the GRR area after it was over and avoid the end of the parade. That one we arrived 40 minutes beforehand and the spots were available but going quickly. I think more people watch farther away from the beginning of the parade.

Vegitabeta
06-28-2006, 03:43 AM
We watched it in August last year and we stood outside 'Greetings from California' at Sunshie Plaza. We had a great spot, and it's good for photos etc 'cos there's not loads of stuff in the way.

Darkbeer
06-28-2006, 03:43 AM
Does the electrical parade take the same route as the Block Party Bash? Does it go from Paradise Pier area to Sunshine Plaza? I thought I read somewhere that watching it from the Golden Dreams area is good.

Actually, Block Party Bash starts at the Sunshine Plaza area (near the Main Entry Plaza) and ends at the Route 66 area (westbound).

Disney's Electrical Parade goes from the Route 66 area to Sunshine Plaza (eastbound).

As for what will be offered in September, nothing offcial has been announced, folks presume with will be EITHER Block Party Bash or the Electrical Parade. (Lat year in the off-season, it was just Block Party Bash, and the DEP was on hiatus).

socaltexan02
06-28-2006, 06:59 AM
We saw it last week from a spot between Jumpin' Jellyfish and the Golden (silver?) Zephyr. We had a great view. I've seen it from several spots along the route and never really had a "bad" view.