PDA

View Full Version : The Stroller and Wheelchair Rentals have been moved to the Main Entry Plaza area

Darkbeer
06-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Once again, Disney has closed the rental area inside the gates at Disneyland and DCA, and has placed large white tents in the North-East corner next to the Kennels in the Main Entry Plaza inside of the security area.

This allows for more registers and smoother processing.

So if you need to pick one (or more) up, make sure and do it before entering the park.

You are allowed to take the strollers and wheelchairs to both parks, and inside the security area in the Main Entry Plaza.

miss bianca
07-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Darkbeer is this still the current situation?

Thanks

AVP
07-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Yep. Probably through Labor Day.

AVP

jpeben
07-28-2006, 01:21 AM
So as a frequent Strollers Cast Member, let me give you guys the tips to avoid frustration on both of our parts:

Strollers: 1 for $8, 2 for $14
Disney Visa Card Holders Receive Up to 2 Complementary Strollers
Wheelchairs: $28 (includes $20 refundable deposit) --> $8
Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECV) : $55 (includes $20 refundable deposit) --> $35 Guest must be at least 18 years old to operate
Discounts do not apply

First yes we are in the Esplanade, for the smoothest rental experience visit us first before you go to the parks. You can take strollers, wheelchairs, and ECVs into both parks. If you forget that we are outside in the tents and enter Disneyland, you can get a pass in order to exit the side gate to purchase a stroller without waiting in line to enter the park again. If you exit the normal gates to get a stroller you will have to go back in the normal way.

The rentals are good for all day, so if you need to come back later, drop it off at the tents, and then hold on to your receipt.

Sometimes strollers are lost or stolen. On the back of your receipt are locations within the park to receive replacements free of charge. For your convenience you don't have to come all the way back to the esplanade.

After DCA closes, be prepared to drop the strollers off inside Disneyland. After that time strollers are not allowed outside of the park. Wheelchairs and ECVs can exit in order to get your deposit back.

You cannot take anything into Downtown Disney, except manual wheelchairs, which must have a Vehicle Loan Agreement, which you can get from the tent where you rented it. If you leave your stroller next to the yellow tents by the Downtown Disney area, beware that it might not be there when you return. We do esplanade runs and pick up all the strollers in the area. Please do not be angry when your stroller is not there as it is a fire hazard, and you wouldn't want them anyways because most are filthy and stuffed with trash. Please go back to the tent and show your receipt to pick up your stroller.

If you would like an ECV, I recommend getting there early. Everyday we sell out of them, usually around 11 am. Then we go on a waiting list, and give them out one by one as they come in. It can sometimes take hours until we call you, because most guests don't turn them in until 5 pm. If you don't want to come to the park until later and have to have an ECV, have a member of your party go early and purchase it and have us hold it for you until you are ready. If we are sold out I recommend getting a wheelchair and then when you are called "upgrade" to an ECV, so you can enjoy your time while waiting. Also no one under 18 can operate, or be on the ECV. No lap sitting, standing on the back, etc. It is for your safety.

Occasionally (rarely), we run out of manual wheelchairs as well, so we do the waiting list for them as well.

In order to get the Deposit back when you are all done with your Wheelchair or ECV, you MUST have your receipt. If you do not have your receipt we can not process your deposit. You will receive the deposit in the form of payment. So if you pay with credit card you will need to have that same card available so we can credit your account.

FYI for Cast Members, we are not comp-ing Wheelchairs and Strollers right now because we are blocked out on our Main Gate Passes.

If you have any other questions feel free to post here.

miss bianca
07-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Thanks jpeben - great info!!

lauras5boys
07-28-2006, 04:32 PM
I have a question.

Does the Disney Visa free stroller only apply to singles or can you get a double?

annieb727
07-28-2006, 04:41 PM
I have a question.

Does the Disney Visa free stroller only apply to singles or can you get a double?

Disneyland doesn't have double strollers for rent - sorry :eek:

lauras5boys
07-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Guess that explains why I never rented one before LOL

Disney Vault
07-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Why don't they just build a new structure for the strollers and wheelchairs in the plaza? I don't see why they would have it always like this. Even in the slow season it would be good becaue they would have to have staffing at both parks. Just instead always have a single central location.

Darkbeer
07-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Why don't they just build a new structure for the strollers and wheelchairs in the plaza? I don't see why they would have it always like this. Even in the slow season it would be good becaue they would have to have staffing at both parks. Just instead always have a single central location.

Oh, many folks at Disney want to build a new structure to hold the Stroller Rentals, and possibly a new AP processing center. Alas, there are issues, the main ones are building permits, access in the area due to Fire Marshall rules, and the Disneyland Kennel.

Hopefully the new boss can find a way to make it happen.

jpeben
07-30-2006, 01:41 AM
From what I've been told it is going to happen some time, but we all know how long some time can be. Also with regards to separate staffing, the DCA Strollers and DL Strollers are all under the same team: Mainstreet Main Entrance Merchandise. When we have separate shops open throughout the day, we are constantly working together as one team to run the rentals. If I'm scheduled DL Strollers it doesn't mean i will be just doing that. Frequently I'm rarely in the position I'm scheduled thanks to our new friend CDS.

Disney Vault
07-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Oh, many folks at Disney want to build a new structure to hold the Stroller Rentals, and possibly a new AP processing center. Alas, there are issues, the main ones are building permits, access in the area due to Fire Marshall rules, and the Disneyland Kennel.

Hopefully the new boss can find a way to make it happen.
Always interesting to here the information behind the story. Thanks.

Wizard69
07-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Another hint:

Pre-pay for your stroller rental at the ticket booth. That way when the lines are crowded in the morning (which they are from opening until usually 11:30am), you can bypass the line and go straight to where they give out the strollers. Hand them your pre-paid voucher, get your stroller and laugh at the other people waiting in the long line. :)

AVP
08-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Hopefully the new boss can find a way to make it happen.If what I heard last week is accurate, the new complex should be open by the spring. The whole "mega tent" set up right now is a proof-of-concept effort, and they have been tweaking the set up to see what works best before they build anything. Kinda neat - too bad they couldn't have set up a temporary Rocket Rods before they spent XX million on it. :p

AVP

Disney Vault
08-01-2006, 11:00 AM
If what I heard last week is accurate, the new complex should be open by the spring. The whole "mega tent" set up right now is a proof-of-concept effort, and they have been tweaking the set up to see what works best before they build anything. Kinda neat - too bad they couldn't have set up a temporary Rocket Rods before they spent XX million on it. :p

AVP
They just needed to spend XXX million and then maybe it would still be around as a popular attraction.

miss bianca
08-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi Everyone - just retured from DL and wanted to let you know I tried to rent a stroller at Star Traders using the Disney Visa "Free Stroller" offer and was told it was only valid at the main gate.