PDA

View Full Version : POTC Official Re-opening Discussion [Merged threads]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Darkbeer
06-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Stopped by the DLR to check on the amount of folks that wanted to ride POTC this morning.

Got there around 7:20 AM and there were a few hundred folks waiting for the official 8 AM opening, but it was also an Early Entry day, and thanks to a friend, got in thru the EE process.

Folks started to line up at 7 AM (actually earlier at the turnstiles) at the entrance to Frontierland to be the first to ride. By 7:40 AM (regular gates still closed) the line reached to almost City Hall. Around 7:45, the front of the line was allowed to move up to the Golden Horseshoe entrance, where a few entertainers kept the front of the line folks entertained until 8 AM, when the line was allowed to enter the queue. A group of TV stations were placed across from the POTC entrance along the edge of the Rivers of America.

Around 9 AM, the line was still started at City Hall, but now the entire queue and Frontierland was also being used, over a 2 hour wait.

Around 10:20 AM the line did get shorter (but not sure if they added additional switchbacks in the queue), now it was at the north end of Main Street near the Wait Board. It was posted a 105 minute wait.

Photos to come later....

coronado_g
06-26-2006, 10:32 AM
If I could've been there, I would have...even with the long line. So did you ride the Pirates?

outlaw8
06-26-2006, 10:39 AM
I saw the news this morning with Depp inside the ride next to one of his likenesses and you couldn't tell the difference!!!
The Artists really did a GREAT job with them. Their movements looked smooth too and their eyes move about like they are looking for Barbossa...lol

nursemelis374
06-26-2006, 10:55 AM
I bet the lines will be long all day, especially as all the APs get off work later and head down. We made the decision not to go. [Insert sad sigh here] Blueckles has a jacked up eye and we decided to we wouldn't die if we waited until the weekend.

I hope the lines get shorter by today for everyone else though!

chrisaustx
06-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I got to ride Pirates twice last night between 7:30 and 8:30pm, when Darkbeer said it was closed for the rest of the day and for nobody to bother to try to go on it again. I am sure glad I was able to ride last night instead of today. If you go on Pirates later tonight after 9pm, it should be fine.

Darkbeer
06-26-2006, 11:16 AM
One note, both the SoCal and SoCal Select AP holders can enter the park Today and Tomorrow before being blocked out for the summer. (August 20th is the next non-blockout date).

So I presume the crowds will die down on Wednesday...

But there was a typo in the last Backstage Pass (AP newsletter), so regular SoCal AP's might be allowed into the park all this week (thru Friday).

Koala Gurl
06-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I was thinking of going later this evening...

If anyone happens to have been there...any updates on wait times?? TIA! :)

chrisaustx
06-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Don't let Darkbeer get you down Koala Girl, I am going after Fantasmic! ends at 9:20, so see you there tonight.

Koala Gurl
06-26-2006, 12:10 PM
No worries! I am not expecting short lines, that's for sure! :) I have a chance to go either with DD (15 months) on Wed AM, or tonight, sans DD. I think no matter how long the line is tonight, I'd rather do that than have to entertain her for that long.

Is every day an EE day?

Darkbeer
06-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Is every day an EE day?

No, it is 4 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays.

Koala Gurl
06-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks DB! Between that and the So Cal passes...sounds like it may be OK* on Wednesday first thing.

* being relative, of course! ;)

SteveK
06-26-2006, 12:29 PM
I was thinking of going later this evening...

If anyone happens to have been there...any updates on wait times?? TIA! :)

Tried to run over at lunch to ride it (big mistake, duh) and the posted wait time at 12:30 this afternoon was 90 minutes. CM at front said just over and hour so I followed the line to see how long it really was....well, it stretched all the way through Frontierland to through the Frontierland gate and to the hub. In this humidity, there was no way I was waiting that long.

-Steve

Koala Gurl
06-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks SteveK!

Alex S.
06-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Don't let Darkbeer get you down Koala Girl, I am going after Fantasmic! ends at 9:20, so see you there tonight.

There is no Fantasmic tonight unless they've changed the announced schedule.

Darkbeer
06-26-2006, 01:01 PM
The Yellow section of bleachers are still standing, and parts fo the green section that are in the actual water also are still up, as are parts of the screen on the TSI, so no Fantasmic! for sure...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1603713

FYI, still uploading this album, but you can see the bleachers in a few shots from this morning

Darkbeer
06-26-2006, 01:01 PM
The Yellow section of bleachers are still standing, and parts fo the green section that are in the actual water also are still up, as are parts of the screen on the TSI, so no Fantasmic! for sure...

FYI, still uploading this album, but you can see the bleachers in a few shots from this morning

Malcon10t
06-26-2006, 01:32 PM

FYI, still uploading this album, but you can see the bleachers in a few shots from this morningThanks! We changed our whole vacation based on those bleachers still being up this week, so I am glad to hear they still are! Thanks for all the great pics and info!

Darkbeer
06-26-2006, 02:02 PM
FYI, Fantasmic! is scheduled to return to daily showings for the summer starting this Wednesday evening, June 28th with shows at 9 and 10:30 nightly.

Frogberto
06-26-2006, 02:14 PM
... there was a typo in the last Backstage Pass (AP newsletter), so regular SoCal AP's might be allowed into the park all this week (thru Friday).

I noted that in the Backstage pass (which is on my fridge at home). But the official Disneyland.com/ap calendar, which is in PDF format, shows this entire week, Sunday to Friday, as an open week for regular Southern California APs:

http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/ap/bod/socal_blockout_0206.pdf

Darkbeer
06-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Must have changed it to match up with the Backstage Pass, it used to show the dates blocked out for the regular SoCal starting Wednesday.

chrisaustx
06-26-2006, 02:35 PM
I looked for your magazine Frogberto, but I couldn't find it at our CSUF library, is it a small trade publication? I will take the 5 mile drive down to the park tonight, and will get in the line for POTC during the fireworks. That is always the best time to go on rides. I will post how many times I was able ride tonight. I was able to ride POTC 4 times yesterday, when it was supposedly closed.

Frogberto
06-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Chris, what do you mean? The response I posted to DarkBeer's posting mentioned the magazine that goes out quarterly to annual passholders. If you're referring to the magazines that used to be part of my signature, then Orange County Lawyer (I'm on the cover of this month's issue), California Lawyer (my article begins on page 11), and Skeptic Magazine (I have two articles in the issue coming out next month), are all generally available in campus libraries or law schools, yes.

tod
06-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Here's my report (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=900165&postcount=54) from my ride on Sunday, if anybody's interested.

--t

chrisaustx
06-26-2006, 04:15 PM
So the O.C. Lawyer Magazine is the Bar Association's magazine? You kept saying you were on the cover Frogberto, so I tried to look. And to answer your question, the California State University system does not carry that publication. I looked on J-Stor and they don't have an electronic version either. Well just I wondered what you wrote about, since you keep advertising your article. I have to write a paper on the 1949 Chinese Communist Revolution, so it's time to head to Disneyland for a distraction. My next big research project will be to investigate the connection between Walt Disney and 1950's Space program. Much evidence suggests that Walt was being funded by pentagon to make pro space films. Some of the Walt Disney space shorts were funded by tax payer dollars, and Walt got the much needed cash to pay off his debts. Well see you on Pirates tonight. :)

Frogberto
06-26-2006, 04:40 PM
So the O.C. Lawyer Magazine is the Bar Association's magazine? You kept saying you were on the cover Frogberto, so I tried to look. ... I have to write a paper on the 1949 Chinese Communist Revolution, so it's time to head to Disneyland for a distraction. ...

Hey Chris - OC Lawyer is the bar associations' magazine. You can see a small pic of the cover at: http://www.ocbar.org/magazine.htm

I'm on the top row, second from the left. And if you make the long haul to 1111 State College Boulevard, in Fullerton (Western State University College of Law), my alma mater, has almost unlimited research materials available to you!

Good luck on the 1949 Chinese Communist Revolution paper ... sound like you could use a distraction!