PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite piece of Disneyland?

zombie pirate
06-26-2006, 07:02 AM
What is your favorite souviner from the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland? Me, I have a autograph E-ticket from Walt Disney, that My mom got in 1962, its in a nice frame with a picture of Walt Disney standing on main street, with a horse drawn carriage in the background.

hlbtimes2
06-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I have a postcard with Snow White and the dwarfs, circ. early 1970's. Its not that the post card is all that special. What makes it special to me is that it is simply signed "Love Dad" on the back. He gave it to me when I was in about 2nd grade. He had been to the park as part of a business trip. He's been gone 3 years now.

Favorite recent: silhouettes of my children.

june1st1997
06-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Admission receipt June 1st 1997.

My first date with my husband. We had a business relationship and he was in town for a few days and sleeping on my couch. He lived in NYC and we had never met in person. In fact I had dinner the night before with Eric and my boyfriend. The next day a bunch of us were supposed to go to Disneyland. Everyone else cancelled. I begged my boyfriend to join us (I didn't get along well with Eric and did not want to spend the day alone with him). Boyfriend said no, he was too busy with work (something we fought about often). I tell the boyfriend I will be back early afternoon and we will discuss our relationship (which had been on life support for A LONG TIME). I come downstairs to find ERic ready and waiting... hmmm someone who likes Disney as much as I do... he can't be all bad.

We get into the park and it "happens"... The story that was re-counted at our wedding and at countless dinner parties...

We had just entered the park, gone through the tunnels and are at the top of main street... Eric stops me and points down at the ground at this thing that kinda looks like a piece of gum. "ya see that there"... "yes"... "that isn't what you think it is, that is a sensor for Disney control, they use it for the parades. Ya see it has a sensor under it that corresponds to pieces of the floats, so at any one time central command knows where the floats are"... BOOM. I'm in. He is the smartest man on the planet. I AM IN LOVE. (he had gone on the backstage magic tour at WDW). He knew everything there was to know about the park.

The rest of the day was your average Romantic day in the park. Almost kissed me in the Haunted Mansion... we got stuck when you are turned backwards going into the cemetery. He almost kissed me by BTMRR across, ya know by the water. There is a spot where you see a mine shaft and a light shines on it. It must have been 11pm and he got real close.. It was coming... My heart is pounding now just thinking about it...and I chime in with "Ya know the water is only 3 feet deep here" turned and walked away. I'm shy.

We closed the park. Got home at 2:30 am. It was over for the boyfriend. He moved out 5 days later.

May 10th , 2001. My wedding... Everyone there knew the story. Our Disneyland story is famous... My brother in law begins his toast withe the speech (he went on the same tour)... it seems he had contacted MANY people at Disney trying to obtain a sensor for us as a wedding gift... Apparently they only do that at WDW... MY love is founded on gum!

Every year no matter what we celebrate this anniversary. In fact it is more important to us than the wedding anniversary.

So June 1st... if you happen to see 2 people stop at the top of main street, look down at the ground and then smile at each-other... it's probably me and DH.

The receipt you ask... In DH's wallet... of course

P.s. Movie DH wrote for Disney paid for our wedding. The mouse has done right by us.

Jewel of Orleans
06-26-2006, 04:27 PM
It's my Splash Mountain pictures!

I'm the mom in a family-of-four, and we had a long-standing goal to get a photo of all four of us flashing the peace sign with BOTH HANDS as we cascaded down the fall. It took years of annual vacations before we actually did it, and now we've got this hilarious record of which of us choked in what year. It makes a terrific history of our evolving bravery!

june1st1997
06-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Jewel... what a great idea! Very very clever and I'm sure alot of fun to look at.

rentayenta
06-26-2006, 05:26 PM
The Christmas Tree we got from Vacation Planning in 2004. We took it out last year and it brought back so many great memories.