PDA

View Full Version : Just got hired at the Disneyland Resort!

PAPACITO
06-25-2006, 10:33 PM
I :) had a couple of oral interviews and waited about 7 weeks to hear back and finally I gotthe job. NOt with security as I wanted but with parking. I will find out more this Wednesday as I go in for info about everything. Does anyone know about working in the garages? Placing cones, directing traffic, the trams? They even said parking takes care of the dog kennels which I thought was cool. Anyway I am excited and cant wait 3 days to get my answers so let me in on any info please. THanks!!!

chrisaustx
06-25-2006, 11:49 PM
I park in the garage allot, I have five parking receipts right now sitting on my table. Some of the parking cast members I have met have been friendly and always give service with a smile, others say nothing and just hand me my receipt. So just try to keep up a great attitude and always give a cheerful smile to everyone, and you will go far. I met some nice Pirates cast members today, one guy has been working Pirates since 2002, he always has a great smile and is cheerful when I have seen him working the ride. Well best of luck on your new job.

ToursbabeC3po
06-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Congrats!
I worked in the lot when it was part of attractions years ago. I hated it because it was very hot but that was before the parking structure I hear it is better now. It was boring but I only did it maybe once or twice a week. They then became there own department and I never worked there again. If you don't like it (which you may everyone is different) you can put in a transfer to a different department. THe Kennel Rocks. I would have worked there full time if they let me.
I am surprised they took that long to hire you the are really in need of people my best friends mom worked 62 hours last week. But that is attractions.

Niwel
06-26-2006, 07:53 AM
YIPPEEE! And maybe now that you're in, you can work up to Security. :)

sjcivilady
06-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Congratulations! I'm sure you know....you're the first face people see when they are coming to the parks! A couple years ago one of the guys at the main entrance added big magic for me when he let us park in the little lot next to CA Adv instead of the huge structure. :)

SeansMom
06-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Congratulations!!!

Tinkermommy
06-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Congratulations!

Here's my piece of advice: always remember to shave! (My brother worked parking years ago, and didn't get to work one shift because he forgot to shave. The next time he forgot at home, he remembered on the way to work and stopped at my house to borrow a razor...LOL!) :rolleyes: