PDA

View Full Version : A new "C" ticket attraction

lillas
04-29-2002, 08:09 AM
Many of the previous threads have disscussed new E ticket ideas. Most of these are "thrill" type rides like Indy, rocket rods etc. Yet, many other threads lament the passing or poor condition of some of the more tame attractions such as the People Mover, CoP, Cirlcle Vision, Subs, Tiki room, Great Moments, Swiss Family Robinson Tree house, CBJ. God forbid they should take away the Jungle Cruise, Pirates or IaSW.

Any thoughts on some major attractions that the entire family could enjoy to gether and Grand Ma might find a favorite?

MouseWife
04-29-2002, 08:47 AM
I don't really have an idea but I do agree that the 'C' type rides
are important.

Not everyone likes to ride the 'E' ticket rides. And, it is nice for 'Grandma' to be able to ride something, too.

Also, I think it is a nice chance for the people who have little ones actually ride something, as well.

I look forward to the ideas people come up with.

lillas
04-29-2002, 12:48 PM
I'll take the lack of responses to indicate that being an Imagineer isn't so easy as thinking of another rollercoaster with the latest "movie du jour" theming. This is why DL can never reach it's greatness again. It's not Eisners fault, it's ours.

MouseWife
04-29-2002, 01:42 PM
I take the lack of response to mean that quite a few posters are at work right now. ;)

There are threads with quite a few wonderful ideas, sometimes it just takes people having the time to post.

HBTiggerFan
04-29-2002, 09:06 PM
Thanks MouseWife.
The slowest times on the board are the middle of the night and middle of the day, during the week. People are at work, school, taking care of their kidlets, not eveyrone can get on here and reply asap. Also if you look, some postings get 2 or 3 replies and some get hundreds/thoulsands. Posters who alinate the board tend to get less replies anyways as other members tend to ignore them...

Also, I think that the new Pooh ride will be an E ticket attraction that everyone can enjoy, and DL needs new attractions period. Imagering is hard, no one ever said it was easy, and Eisner and his resigem make it harder with budget restrictions.

merlinjones
04-30-2002, 12:42 AM
>>Also, I think that the new Pooh ride will be an E ticket attraction that everyone can enjoy, and DL needs new attractions period. Imagering is hard, no one ever said it was easy, and Eisner and his resigem make it harder with budget restrictions<<

Well, if the DL Pooh is anything like its WDW counterpart, it is certianly NOT an "E" ticket (though it might be just as popular with families due to the subject matter). Pooh in Florida is a totally "C" ticket product, not even as nice as our DL Alice ride. The only cool thing is the bouncing cars and the last I heard, we're not even getting that.

merlinjones
04-30-2002, 12:58 AM
On the subject of "C" additions, I'd like to see the Fantasyland Theatre razed and a Fantasyland II addition put into its place.

In "Cinderella's Escape" we would be transformed to mouse size by the Fairy Godmother to help Cinderella escape from the attic (watch out for Lucifer!). Outside, Cinderella's Pumpkin Coach provides a meet and greet photo op.

In a mini theatre versions of the Soarin' hardware, we would fly on "Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride" to Agrabah and the Cave of Wonders.

While you dine at "Belle's Banquet", you would be intermittently entertained by animatronic objects/servatnts welcoming you to "Be Our Guest".

In "Jolly Holliday", we indeed ride those Carousel horses into a fox hunt and steeple chase for a Supercal experience.

(I'd love to see that Sleepy Hollow ride too)

Over in the Motor Boat cruise area, "The Little Mermaid" gets her own float through dark ride as the waterways now burrow under the coral reefs of Eric's Kingdom.

Adjacent, Walt's own Pirate Ship and Skull Rock return to their rightful place in Fantasyland.

The Big "E" ticket (going back into the open Frontierland area from Fantasyland II), would be "Maleficent's Curse". Where you escape the dungeon with Price Phillip and ride a wild coaster away from the Goons, through the forest of thorns and past a fire breathing dragon to awaken Sleeping Beauty.

wonderful
04-30-2002, 12:59 AM
"C Types" thatmight be cool...
1. The "Ice Palace" that Marc Davis had planned.
2. A Country Bears type show based on the characters from Robin Hood
3. A dark ride based on the Headless Horseman
4. A Tiki Room type show based on The Jungle Book
5. An Audio Animatronic jazz revue in New Orleans featuring Louie Armstrong, Ella, Billie Holiday, and Chet Baker (among others)
6. A film about the heroes of the west (ala Golden Dreams) for Frontierland (but shorter)
7. "Legend of the Lion King" in Adventureland... heck ANY dark ride for Adventureland... maybe one based on nocturnal animals or something
8. A walk through exhibit (ala Treehouse) based on Jabba's Palace from Star Wars in Tomorowland
9. A boat ride in Grizzly Peak area based on Bambi
10. And my idea I'm pretty proud of.... COVER TOON TOWN in a huge show buiding, that way you can have an animated sky that can change from night to day, change weather, have an animated sun and animated birds, and, after another paint job, there will never be the problem of a "faded" Toontown again!

HBDisneyPrincess
04-30-2002, 05:14 PM
Wow! Kudos to all those great ideas!!! Especially Wonderful's Toon Town idea and merlinjones Mary Poppins and Little Mermaid ideas...

:)

Tigertail777
04-30-2002, 11:48 PM
OK I really got venemous and ranting in another thread..so time to make up for it with something positive: In fantasyland I have always wanted to see a "fantasia adventure" where you go through scenes of the film with some amazing fx, all the while the soundtrack is playing in cd harmonic stereo-- wow night on bald mtn could be just fantastic using the HM peppers ghost illusion, and a huge king kong like chernabog with real flames shooting upward, then as he movie does, to tame things down, the bell tolls, and you start going through this beatiful black light forest following the nuns. (OK it would probably be more of a D attraction). Tomorrowland: it is time to update the autopia, making flying cars instead...have the whole thing in a building as a dark ride, and give the illusion that you are "riding" on clouds. Toontown: (would have tweak present technology for this) have a funhouse of mirrors that you look into where you morph into different cartoon characters that actually follow your body movements utilizing two-way glass and heat sensor/computers to follow your body movements and "map" the character over your body with the computer. Frontierland: a walk thru interactive indian exhibit installed inside the fort where you look through the fort windows as you walk along, and see "snapshots"of history in realistic moving dioramas. Critter country needs more critters: a small forest setting with a path that you walk thru that has small (about twice the size of an average adult) buildings from the silly symphonies like the three pigs, the babes in the woods etc. all small areas would be themed to each cartoon within the woods, and have mini animatronics shows within to look at. Main St. : turn the movie house back to the original with red plush seats, and old original movies (possibly silents accompanied by a live wurlitzer organ)..charlie chaplin movies would be ideal. I could go on and on with the brainstorming but it's late so gotta go.

Morrigoon
04-30-2002, 11:55 PM
I'd like to put a twist on the AA jazz show - instead of satchmo, etc.... have animal characters (ala country bears) whose voices are done by impersonators... 'twould be cute. :)

Morrigoon
05-01-2002, 12:50 AM
I'd really love to see a Sleeping Beauty attraction. (Duh, it's my fave Disney film)

But now that it didn't make the ranks of the FL dark rides... I'd like to see the theme used in an E-ticket as Forbidden Mountain. Not to beat a dead horse here (I've spoken of this in at least ten other posts, regarding putting the ride in the old Festival of Fools area (gawd what a great name for the corporate picnic area!), and queueing by the old Skyway Station across from Village Haus.

But they could easily do both - create a FL dark ride attraction that tells a more optimistic angle on the story, only touching on the dark stuff (eg: The introduction ceremony, inside the jewelry box with the fairies, at the cottage in the glen where they fairies are preparing birthday surprises, out in the forest where Aurora/Briar Rose meets Philip, inside the castle where Aurora is told to forget the boy she met, up in the tower where she *****s her finger, outside the castle where Philip fights the dragon/Maleficent, in the tower where he kisses her and she wakes up, the end) ; and also do forbidden mountain

lillas
05-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Some interesting ideas. Many of the older "C" attraction aren't based on Disney flims, I'm not hearing of many no film themed ideas. Also, although Star Wars was great, It's not Disney and I've never thouth it fit in the parks...Muppets too.

MouseWife
05-01-2002, 04:26 PM
I like the movie house idea.

A nice quiet place, probably air conditioned, to hang out when you want a rest.

And, it is close to the exit for those needing a place to meet up at the end of the day.

I used to enjoy sitting in for a bit and watching the cartoons. That was WAY before the Disney Channel.

All of the ideas are great!!!

The great minds of the MousePad can really think of some wonderful things!!

Disneyfreak
05-01-2002, 05:42 PM
I wish they would listen to us instead of comming up with hairbrain ideas like a dumb pooh ride. That should go where the skyway is in fantasyland.

They should of redid the country bears and made the show with up to date technology.

MouseWife
05-01-2002, 05:45 PM
I like that cool Satchmo idea. :cool:

AliKzam
05-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by lillas
Some interesting ideas. Many of the older "C" attraction aren't based on Disney flims, I'm not hearing of many no film themed ideas.

lillas, I was just going to say something about that, but you beat me to it. So I'll add on.
There was no Tiki bird movie. The was no America Sings movie. No Adventure Thru Innerspace movie (not to be confused with "Innerspace", starring Martin Short et al).
Certainly, an attraction can be created without the aid of a Disney character or other entertainment icon. Now, the jazz attraction is an excellent idea. That is creative.
What makes a good attraction? What makes a good movie? Is a good movie a good movie because of the actors in it? Partly. Is it good because of the funding for it. Yeah, that has a lot to do with it. But what really makes a good movie is a good story. The best actor or actress can only do so much with a crappy story. That is why "Snowdogs" is already forgotten, but "It's a Wonderful Life" is still aired on TV once a year.
It works the same way with rides. Those two elements are key.
That's why superstar Limo is boring: no story. That's why the Tiki Room is rarely visited: no funding.
One imagineer-- I think it was Davis, but I'm not certain-- said he never made a dark ride based on "Robin Hood" because he couldn't find a key element to base the ride on.
Okay, I'll stop ranting. I have no ideas. I'm just attempting to make a point.

coronamouseman
05-02-2002, 12:18 AM
One would think they could come up with some kind of dark ride for Aladdin based upon the flying carpet, either as a "C" type attraction like Mr. Toad or something even more elaborate (as opposed to the crummy outdoor Dumbo-like attraction in WDW).

Look at how popular the Peter Pan ride is in each park ............

Uncle Dick
05-02-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
One would think they could come up with some kind of dark ride for Aladdin based upon the flying carpet, either as a "C" type attraction like Mr. Toad or something even more elaborate (as opposed to the crummy outdoor Dumbo-like attraction in WDW).

Look at how popular the Peter Pan ride is in each park ............
Wow. What would be so incredibly awesome, is if somehow the Peter Pan mechanism could be modified to carry carpets and a whole new Aladdin dark ride was built either in Adventureland (Aladdin's Oasis area) or in Fantasyland (on the spot of the abandoned Skyway chalet for a Storybook Land Canal Boats/Cave of Wonders tie-in).

Just think, you could start out by flying through the archways of the Agrabah marketplace, out into the desert and through the gaping maw of the Cave of Wonders. Then, it's a terrifying escape from the collapsing cave (simulated by video projection, if necessary) and onto a whimsical meeting with the Genie. After a Magic Carpet Ride over the deserts and through the clouds, it's on to the final confrontation with Jafar inside the Royal Palace. And, of course, everyone lives happily ever after. :) And it looks even cooler in my head.

Or we could just get Pooh.