PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Of The Caribbean New Enhancements Fact Sheet (Contains Spoilers)

AVP
06-25-2006, 04:40 PM
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
NEW ENHANCEMENTS FACT SHEET

Stats for both California and Florida Versions of the Attraction

A PIRATE LEGACY
• The concept of Pirates of the Caribbean has come full circle with the attraction initially inspiring the successful film franchise and now the films (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl – 2003 and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest – 2006) inspiring exciting additions to the attraction.

SWABBING THE DECKS
• Both versions of the attraction (Disneyland in California and the Magic Kingdom in Florida) closed in March 2006 in preparation for the installation of the enhancements that have been made over the past three months.

• Over 400 Disney Imagineers have been working in California and Florida on the research, planning and installation of these enhancements over the past three years.

OPENING DATES
• The new attraction enhancements make their initial debut on June 24, 2006, during a star-studded world premiere at Disneyland in California of the all-new film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.

• The attraction officially re-opens to guests at Disneyland on June 26 and in Florida’s Magic Kingdom on July 7. The highly anticipated enhanced attraction re-opens in time for the eagerly awaited release of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, in theaters nationwide on July 7.

ENHANCED ATTRACTION STORYLINE
• “Dead men tell no tales...”As a ghostly voice echoes through the dark, underground grottos and waterway the specter of Davy Jones appears. “Ah, but they do tell tales...” he says in reply, inviting all those “brave or fool enough to face a pirate’s curse...” to continue on their voyage.

Just ahead, guests will find a Spanish seaport town under siege by a heavily armed galleon. It’s the Wicked Wench, commanded by Captain Barbossa. He and his men have put the torch to the town and subjected the local magistrate to a dunking in the well. They’re in search of their shipmate, Captain Jack Sparrow, and the location of the town’s treasure vault.

Captain Jack, temporarily abandoning the mantle of command, has struck out on his own to find the treasure. He successfully eludes his fellow pirates and finally succeeds in stealing a glimpse of a treasure map in the hands of a drunken buccaneer.

And so, after a night of revelry and looting, we find Captain Jack victorious, enthroned in a vault full of gold and jewels, enjoying a drink and verse or two of the attraction’s famous theme song and intoning “Drink up, lads, there is treasure enough for all!”

New Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction Crew Members
• The first appearance of Captain Jack Sparrow occurs during the familiar “Dunking Scene” where one of the pirate leaders is interrogating the village’s mayor, trying to find out Captain Jack’s whereabouts by consistently dunking the poor magistrate in the well.

• Captain Jack Sparrow appears again in a barrel, sneaking glances at a treasure map held by a nearby salty old pirate.

• Captain Jack Sparrow’s third and final appearance in the attraction occurs in the finale “Treasure Room” scene where he can be found relishing in his good fortune to be the first to find the town’s cache of treasure.

• The ruthless Barbossa can now be seen as the Captain of the Wicked Wench in the attraction’s famous battle scene. The ship was not changed to the Black Pearl, since the story in the attraction is set before Captain Jack obtains that ship.

• The new dialog of Captain Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones and Barbossa was voiced by the actors in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies [Johnny Depp, Bill Nighey and Geoffrey Rush].

• An apparition of the ghostly Davy Jones, a prominent character in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, can be seen in the attractions’ mysterious grotto labyrinth, materializing via a fantastic waterfall effect.

DID YOU HEAR SOMETHING?
• The original analog audio tracks from the attraction have all been digitally re-mastered to ensure a crisp and dynamic soundtrack. Guests will notice the addition of music cues from the soundtracks of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (Score composed by Klaus Badelt) and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (Score composed by Hans Zimmer).

• More than 270 audio speakers have been replaced throughout the attraction.

• Large bass subwoofers have been installed within the “Battle Scene” between the pirate galleon and the Spanish fortress to provide a sense of concussion during the firing of the cannons.

• It took three days to empty and refill the “bayou’s” 750,000 gallons of water for the enhancements to be completed.

DID YOU SEE SOMETHING?
• The cannon firing and cannon ball effects in the water have all been upgraded to heighten the sense of intensity and drama in the “Battle Scene.” Underscoring from the film(s) has also been added to the scene.

• One of the largest scenes to be enhanced is the impressive “Treasure Cache,” found in the attraction’s mysterious grottos. Imagineers removed the scene entirely and fabricated more than 400,000 new shimmering gold coins and set pieces.

• The “Treasure Cache” scene at Disneyland will contain original movie props, including the Aztec treasure chest, from the hit 2003 film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

• When Disney Imagineers began preparing the treasure for the enhancement, they discovered a number of original props with hand-written notes taped to the back by Imagineers from the 1960s about placement and color of the props.

Darkbeer
06-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Disneyland Resort Press Release

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN NEW ATTRACTION ENHANCEMENTS FACT SHEET

Stats for both California and Florida Versions of the Attraction

A Pirate Legacy

The concept of Pirates of the Caribbean has come full circle with the attraction initially inspiring the successful film franchise and now the films (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl – 2003 and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest – 2006) inspiring exciting additions to the attraction.

Swabbing The Decks

Both versions of the attraction (Disneyland in California and the Magic Kingdom in Florida) closed in March 2006 in preparation for the installation of the enhancements that have been made over the past three months.

Over 400 Disney Imagineers have been working in California and Florida on the research, planning and installation of these enhancements over the past three years.

Opening Dates

· The new attraction enhancements make their initial debut on June 24, 2006, during a star-studded world premiere at Disneyland in California of the all-new film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.

· The attraction officially re-opens to guests at Disneyland on June 26 and in Florida’s Magic Kingdom on July 7. The highly anticipated enhanced attraction re-opens in time for the eagerly awaited release of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, in theaters nationwide on July 7.

Enhanced Attraction Storyline

· “Dead men tell no tales...”As a ghostly voice echoes through the dark, underground grottos and waterway the specter of Davy Jones appears. “Ah, but they do tell tales...” he says in reply, inviting all those “brave or fool enough to face a pirate’s curse...” to continue on their voyage.

Just ahead, guests will find a Spanish seaport town under siege by a heavily armed galleon. It’s the Wicked Wench, commanded by Captain Barbossa. He and his men have put the torch to the town and subjected the local magistrate to a dunking in the well. They’re in search of their shipmate, Captain Jack Sparrow, and the location of the town’s treasure vault.

Captain Jack, temporarily abandoning the mantle of command, has struck out on his own to find the treasure. He successfully eludes his fellow pirates and finally succeeds in stealing a glimpse of a treasure map in the hands of a drunken buccaneer.

And so, after a night of revelry and looting, we find Captain Jack victorious, enthroned in a vault full of gold and jewels, enjoying a drink and verse or two of the attraction’s famous theme song and intoning “Drink up, lads, there is treasure enough for all!”

New Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction Crew Members

· The first appearance of Captain Jack Sparrow occurs during the familiar “Dunking Scene” where one of the pirate leaders is interrogating the village’s mayor, trying to find out Captain Jack’s whereabouts by consistently dunking the poor magistrate in the well.

· Captain Jack Sparrow appears again in a barrel, sneaking glances at a treasure map held by a nearby salty old pirate.

· Captain Jack Sparrow’s third and final appearance in the attraction occurs in the finale “Treasure Room” scene where he can be found relishing in his good fortune to be the first to find the town’s cache of treasure.

New Crew Members (Cont.)

· The ruthless Barbossa can now be seen as the Captain of the Wicked Wench in the attraction’s famous battle scene. The ship was not changed to the Black Pearl, since the story in the attraction is set before Captain Jack obtains that ship.

· The new dialog of Captain Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones and Barbossa was voiced by the actors in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies [Johnny Depp, Bill Nighey and Geoffrey Rush].

· An apparition of the ghostly Davy Jones, a prominent character in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, can be seen in the attractions’ mysterious grotto labyrinth, materializing via a fantastic waterfall effect.

Did You Hear Something?

The original analog audio tracks from the attraction have all been digitally re-mastered to ensure a crisp and dynamic soundtrack. Guests will notice the addition of music cues from the soundtracks of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (Score composed by Klaus Badelt) and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (Score composed by Hans Zimmer).

More than 270 audio speakers have been replaced throughout the attraction.

Large bass subwoofers have been installed within the “Battle Scene” between the pirate galleon and the Spanish fortress to provide a sense of concussion during the firing of the cannons.

It took three days to empty and refill the “bayou’s” 750,000 gallons of water for the enhancements to be completed.

Did You See Something?

· The cannon firing and cannon ball effects in the water have all been upgraded to heighten the sense of intensity and drama in the “Battle Scene.” Underscoring from the film(s) has also been added to the scene.

· One of the largest scenes to be enhanced is the impressive “Treasure Cache,” found in the attraction’s mysterious grottos. Imagineers removed the scene entirely and fabricated more than 400,000 new shimmering gold coins and set pieces.

· The “Treasure Cache” scene at Disneyland will contain original movie props, including the Aztec treasure chest, from the hit 2003 film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

· When Disney Imagineers began preparing the treasure for the enhancement, they discovered a number of original props with hand-written notes taped to the back by Imagineers from the 1960s about placement and color of the props.

sdfilmcritic
06-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Awesome list! I can't wait to go see the ride now. But I fear the dreaded summer crowds and don't want to have to deal with a hot day and thick crowds for one ride. I'll probably go after Labor Day. {sigh}

doombuggy driver
06-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Awesome list! I can't wait to go see the ride now. But I fear the dreaded summer crowds and don't want to have to deal with a hot day and thick crowds for one ride. I'll probably go after Labor Day. {sigh}
The only thing that makes me sad is that I will miss certain things that are no longer in the ride. The captain of the Wicked Wench "strike yer colors ya blommin cocaroaches" and what about the mayors wife "no no carlos don't tell him, don't be cheeckin". I hope that the new enhancements don't make me long for the POTC as it used to be.
:crying:

coronado_g
06-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Yes, the dreaded summer crowds will keep me away also...at least until September. Til then, I'll make do with reading all about the new Pirates right here at MousePlanet.

PapiBear
06-25-2006, 07:42 PM
The only thing that makes me sad is that I will miss certain things that are no longer in the ride. The captain of the Wicked Wench "strike yer colors ya blommin cocaroaches" and what about the mayors wife "no no carlos don't tell him, don't be cheeckin". I hope that the new enhancements don't make me long for the POTC as it used to be.
:crying:Well, remember this - the classic ride audio still exists on CD and can always be replayed endlessly.

Alex S.
06-25-2006, 07:54 PM
:crying:

The "no no Carlos" line is still there, though the context of the whole scene is changed.

Sailor Butterfly
06-25-2006, 08:39 PM
What about the "We wants the redhead!" line? Is that still there? I love chanting along with the pirates during that scene. lol

Darkbeer
06-25-2006, 08:49 PM
What about the "We wants the redhead!" line? Is that still there? I love chanting along with the pirates during that scene. lol

Heck, yes, that scene is pretty much the same as before:fez:

FYI, here are some photos from this morning of the new attraction (The album is still being worked on, and photos added, but most of the POTC interior photos are up).

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1600365

Opus1guy
06-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Great photos!

And Thanks for not using a flash!

:)

PapiBear
06-26-2006, 03:29 AM
Cool. So the changes are pretty much unintrusive and don't really detract from the overall show, rather, like they're calling them, they enhance the show with the films. That's good.

Oh, and thanks for the food photos of your Cafe Orleans lunch! Some good looking grub there!

doombuggy driver
06-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Wow those photos are great (as always)!!!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-26-2006, 06:32 AM
I am still debating whether or not I want to read spoilers. So for now, I am not reading. But I am OH SO TEMPTED!

AVP
06-26-2006, 06:35 AM
The captain of the Wicked Wench "strike yer colors ya blommin cocaroaches" and what about the mayors wife "no no carlos don't tell him, don't be cheeckin".
:crying:Still does, only now it's Barbossa giving the line from the Wicked Wench. Seriously folks, they actually changed very little of the "classic" storyline.

AVP