PDA

View Full Version : My cool pirates day

Jwebbal
06-25-2006, 04:07 PM
We decided to go yesterday, and it ended up being a great day, and we didn't go for the celebrities! While I would have loved to have found a spot that would give me a view of Depp and Bloom, I had my two yo with me, and he doesn't like movie stars much, though he kept pointing to the red carpet and saying movie stars, lol. I think he thinks red carpet is called movie stars!

We hoisted our sails before dawn and got to the park before opening, when we entered we got our booty of commemoritive maps and buttons and sailed right past the pirates staking out their treasures along the red carpet and headed for the open waters of Fantasyland. There you could have shot off a cannon and not hit a single soul. Shortest line in history for Peter Pan, walked right on Dumbo twice, including a spell where we were first in line and managed to get on the treasured golden dumbo, first time ever. We managed Peter Pan, Dumbo, Casey Jr., Toad, Storybook, teacups, carousel and alice before a stop for rations at the Carnation cafe. Then it was off for tiki room, HM, splash, and pooh before my little pirate was ready to sail off to dreamland for his treasure nap on the train. We cast off at tomorrowland (yeah, he fell asleep THAT fast!) and then stopped for a rest in Innoventions, finding a nice place to sit. Much later our little pearl of a boy woke and talked to stitch, then it was off for more grog and salmagundi in the tomorrowland galley. Then it was time to weight anchor for our fast pass to autopia. After that we headed out to check the less calm waters of main street to see how all the pirates were doing in their quest to glimpse Captain Jack Sparrow.

At one point we managed to spy a place to watch the carpet walks, but my little jolly roger mutinied and my lass would have made me dance the hempen jig if we would have stayed the 3 more hours till the celebrities started to show. Lily livered landlubbers they be! Shiver me timbers was it a madhouse with the squall of people everywhere standing in the humid weather, felt like a witch's tit. So we set adrift for tomorrowland again to use our fast pass for buzz.

Blimey! There were very short waits for space and buzz after we hoisted sails from buzz. I went on Space, they were still handing over fast pass bounties to landlubbers who were willing, while my jolly rogers headed again for autopia. I got a first row seat for space and had a great time. Again, things were slow in tomorrowland, by this time the park had closed and things were pretty empty. All the fuss was over in main street I am sure. We headed back to the train to leave the park, where when we exited at main street we could see the chaos had begun for the celebrities and their admirers. Twenty rides before leaving a little after 6, what a cool day!

miss bianca
06-25-2006, 04:35 PM
sounds like a very cool day!!

june1st1997
06-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Your post was a joy to read. Coindidentally I am watching POTC as I read/write this. It sounds like you had a blast... If I wasn't a brand new mom (dd 3 mo, can't just take off like i used to be able to), I would have been there as well, taking advantage of the short lines.

you lucky lucky pirates!

Jwebbal
06-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah it was, slowest day in the LONGEST time for it being a Saturday in the summer. Waits were short much of the day, especially in the morning. I loved it. I mean, when does the park open that early and most of the folks who were in the longish lines at opening were not there to ride rides. Must be like that at EE?

coronado_g
06-25-2006, 06:54 PM
What a trip report! Sounds like a real jewel of a day.

cirquelover
06-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Great trip report, arggh matey. Loved the pirate tone throughout the day!! It sounds like it was a good day to ride the rides and skip the masses on main street!

hlbtimes2
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Cute trip report.

I'm happy it was a pretty quiet day. One of our customers was going with her grandchildren. They had NO idea what they were getting themselves into when they booked for this week.