PDA

View Full Version : Lots of November questions

disneymania
06-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Ok, I'll try to make it short but sweet. Are the Christmas decorations up the week before Thanksgiving (13th-17th)? How about the rides, are they usually up by then from fall refurbs? Is IASW decorated? And does anyone know whats going on that week? All the DL hotels are booked already. Thanks a bunch for any and all help. I've never gone this late in the year before. :p

tinkgrl81
06-25-2006, 10:25 AM
I went to Disneyland last year in November. I went Nov 10th to the 12th and Christmas Decorations were up. So pretty. It was really crowed because it was a 3 day weekend. But the week before Thanksgiving shouldn't be too busy.

Darkbeer
06-25-2006, 02:49 PM
"it's a small world holiday" is scheduled to re-open on Friday, November 10th, which is the official start of the Christmas Season at Disneyland. That means the decorations, fireworks and most other Christams stuff.

The one thing that starts a week or so later is the Christmas Parade.

The Matterhorn, Monorail and California Screamin' are the main rides that will be closed, though some minor rides might also be down for refurb. They hope to have the Matterhorn reopen by Thanksgiving, but it seems that the last few Matterhorn refurbs have had a few extra weeks added due to additional work that shows up during the planned work.

disneymania
06-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks a lot for the info. I don't mind the parade not being up. I usually use that time for quicker rides (like Buzz), but am stoked that all else should be up. Last time I was there I was pregnant, so I don't much mind if a few big rides are down. :D