PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel parking question: minivan with a cargo box

Dan-H
06-24-2006, 11:19 PM
where does one park when staying at DLH?

Are there choices?

and, if its a parking garage, will a minivan with a yakima rocketbox fit in the garage?

tnx

potzbie
06-25-2006, 08:19 AM
where does one park when staying at DLH? ...
... and, if its a parking garage, will a minivan with a yakima rocketbox fit in the garage?

:)
All I know is, on Sat. June 24, they parked a pirate ship with a Dead Man's Chest next to Tom Sawyer's Island.

So, there must be room for a minivan with a yakima rocketbox somewhere in the Rivers of America.
Right?

shawnarae
06-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Disneyland Hotel has self parking & also valet parking. The self parking is an outdoor lot (they might have a garage too, I have only parked in the lot). I assume the valet is outdoors too, I have never paid attention.

Is the cargo box on top of the mini-van? Or being pulled? If it is on top then no problem with the lot, if it is being pulled you may get charged for 2 cars (if it takes 2 spaces up), I'd assume. Maybe not? Not sure what the parking costs, $12 maybe for self & $16 for valet? I can't remember.

potterphreak
06-25-2006, 09:48 AM
If you are staying at the DLH, parking is included in your "resort fees". If you choose to do valet (I loooove valet at the DLH!) it is an extra $6.00 a day but soooo worth it if you are in and out of your car all the time.

The 3 times I have used valet, one of those times were lifesavers. The first time we used it, we did valet because we were lazy but it was a Godsend because 10 minutes after entering the lobby of the hotel, my SIL fell down and broke her thumb. Valet went and got her the car, she went to the hospital, came back and they parked it for her.

And yes, you are parking or parked outside and there will be plenty of room for a minivan with a thingey on top. :-D

Dan-H
06-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Ok, Thanks.

Its a roof top box, and as long as there is outdoor parking no problem.

I saw reference to a garage and thought I'd have a height problem. With the box on its about 7.5 feet high.

I'll think about the valet. Might be worth it at least for the first day.

samkj
06-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Definitely watch the garage (although it sounds like you won't have a problem) When we were at DL in Nov, my husband put huge scratches in our brand new roof rack! We were across the street, not at the DLH.