PDA

View Full Version : Pirates the ride does it open tomorrow Sunday June 25?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mickey
06-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Does it officialy opens tomorrow Sunday? anyone knows?

PapiBear
06-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Sentence the run-on does it have any punctuation? Anybody? ;)

Sub Maniak
06-24-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't remember. But, DisneyGeek.com has a picture of a park sign saying when it will open. It is the latest Disneyland Park Update on the website. Look for it, it may have the date.:)

disney_leonard
06-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Al Lutz says there is a possibility of a soft opening mid-day tomorrow if the tear down of the Pirates premier goes well. Officially it will be up on Monday.

AVP
06-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Considering we (and all media outlets invited to tomorrow's event) were told that our "exclusive media access" to the ride would end at a certain time tomorrow, I'm pretty certain that day guests will be able to ride starting around 11:00 am.

AVP

PapiBear
06-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Al Lutz says there is a possibility of a soft opening mid-day tomorrow if the tear down of the Pirates premier goes well. Officially it will be up on Monday.Every time I hear the phrase "soft opening" I think the CMs are going to open the gates/doors slowly and quietly, shushing guests lined up to not squeal lest they attract other guests and spoil the surprise, whispering "Shhhhhh....it's a soft opening...."

If an attraction is sponsored by Charmin, would it receive a "baby soft opening"?

chrisaustx
06-24-2006, 11:50 PM
I will be at the park tomorrow around 11am to see if I can get in. Just a bit of trivia about the movies. Orlando Bloom was seriously injured several years ago, when he fell off a roof in England. Orlando could not walk for many months, and had to have extensive rehab on his legs. I believe that Orlando can barely walk now, so all of the scenes in the movies of him running or in fight scenes are all stunt doubles. I saw Orlando was walking OK tonight, which was good to see.

TP2000
06-25-2006, 12:31 AM
What was he doing on a roof?

Vegitabeta
06-25-2006, 03:32 AM
Same question about Keith Richard's falling out of a tree...

potzbie
06-25-2006, 08:14 AM

Uh, let me guess ...

"To get the other side"?

;)

mi_mous
06-25-2006, 08:43 AM
When I was there yesterday, a CM with a lot of info told us there WILL be a soft opening today.

Alex S.
06-25-2006, 10:14 AM
As of 11:00 a.m. the ride is open to the general public. Technically a soft open so anything could happen.

The line was all the way out to Rancho del Zocalo.

Malcon10t
06-25-2006, 10:21 AM
As of 11:00 a.m. the ride is open to the general public. Technically a soft open so anything could happen.

The line was all the way out to Rancho del Zocalo.
Anyone know if the update did anything to improve the HA entrance? It has to be the worst HA entrance in the park.

PapiBear
06-25-2006, 10:36 AM
What was he doing on a roof?Fiddling.

nightdesigns
06-25-2006, 12:41 PM
We went today and the line was all the way back to the loading platform for columbia/mark twain. Don't worry though, wait was less than 30.

The ride is really cool, and the Johnny Depp insertions were nice. It actually looks like him too.

Mermaid
06-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Cool! Thanks for the heads up! I am going Thursday. Whoo hoo!!

erica84
06-25-2006, 01:09 PM
That's awesome that you've already gotten to ride it. I'd love to hear reviews from any other Padders that have also been oh so lucky! :)

samkj
06-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Anyone know if the update did anything to improve the HA entrance? It has to be the worst HA entrance in the park.

I agree! My daughter uses a wheelchair and trying to get on this ride is a nightmare, with waits 2-3 times(or more!) longer than the regular entrance. I understand it has to do with the length of the ride and the inability to park more than 6 (I think that was the number) wheelchairs, so hopefully they made room for at least a couple more chairs. If not the wait is probably 2 hours at least!

Fiddling.

LOL!!

Malcon10t
06-25-2006, 01:23 PM
I agree! My daughter uses a wheelchair and trying to get on this ride is a nightmare, with waits 2-3 times(or more!) longer than the regular entrance. I understand it has to do with the length of the ride and the inability to park more than 6 (I think that was the number) wheelchairs, so hopefully they made room for at least a couple more chairs. If not the wait is probably 2 hours at least!

LOL!!
I understand the 6 chairs (actually has more to do with the number of people to evacuate) and all, but there has to be a better way of lining up. But, I do't see what they could do to really change it, so will expect the same routine next week when we are there.

chrisaustx
06-25-2006, 01:49 PM
I just got back from the park, boy was it crowded. POTC opened at 11am as rumored, I took plenty of photos of the line set up. The ride is impressive, not all the effects were working today, so I won't give any spoilers. The ride closed at 2pm for "technical problems." The line was large, the wheel chair line was at least 50 people long, it is a very busy day at Disneyland today.
Was the wait and the hype for this ride worth it? In my opinion the hour long line and the wait was worth it, I plan on going back to the park tonight to see if I can get on again.
Enjoy the photos
Regards,
Chris
Anaheim, CA
http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com/gallery/1600191

chrisaustx
06-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Photos of POTC from this morning:
http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com/gallery/1600191

Vegitabeta
06-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Nice photos, all those people coming in from downtown Disney? Madness!

chrisaustx
06-25-2006, 02:04 PM
It was nuts when I left, all those people are going to find out the Pirates has closed, maybe for the rest of the day. So I did the smart thing and came back home. The park was very packed today, probably tomorrow will be very busy as well.

miss bianca
06-25-2006, 02:10 PM
wow - what time did you leave?

chrisaustx
06-25-2006, 02:12 PM
The long drive from the parking garage to my front door is 10 min., I left around 2:15 or so.