PDA

View Full Version : The Death of "Disneyland Forever" Custom CDs

Gemini Cricket
04-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Arrrrgh!!!!

According to MouseShoppe here @ MousePlanet, Disneyland has discontinued their "Disneyland Forever" custom CD making kiosks!
I'm so mad.

Read the very large font, bold update on this page...
http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=58

Here is a link to complain to Disneyland personally:
http://studio.go.com/cgi-bin/gmail/generic_mail.cgi?template=disneyland/form.tpl

I think everyone who is upset like me should write them an e-mail.

So speaketh the evil Gemini Cricket #2. My evil twin.
:mad: GC

MonorailMan
04-28-2002, 07:45 PM
No way!

Thoes were one of the only ways to get Yesterland tracks. :(

blusilva
04-28-2002, 09:16 PM
That's a shame. I'm glad I got at least one.

The past couple of times I was at the park, the kiosks were all down in the store. I was wondering what was up.

cemeinke
04-28-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
No way!

Thoes were one of the only ways to get Yesterland tracks. :(

Well, maybe to "purchase" those tracks, but there are other sources out there if you do a little research ;)

Uncle Dick
04-28-2002, 11:31 PM
Wow. Major suckage. Disneyland Forever CDs are basically the only merchandise I bought from the parks in the past few years. I talked to a CM at the 20th Century Music Shop a couple of weeks ago and he didn't seem to think that any new tracks would be a added anytime soon due to copyright issues. I'm willing to bet that these so-called "maintainance" problems have a lot more to do with legal issues than anything else. Disney's gotta be making a killing off of those CDs (10 tracks for $21.55!!) so I don't see why they wouldn't spend the money to get it fixed if the problems were purely mechanical.

Not that I care. I acquired all the tracks quite some time ago. :)

AVP
04-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Yikes - I didn't think this would end up on the Pad! Here is what I *know*, and what I've *heard*

Facts:
1) The system is broken, and has been for at least two weeks.
2) Cast Members are telling guests that this is for an "indefinite period"

Rumors from various sources: (And some of these contradict themselves, so take them with a grain of salt)
1) Facilities was asked to take measurements of the wall cabinets behind the kiosks, so that shelves could be built to house merchandise when the kiosks are removed.
2) RedDot, the company that maintains the system, has been in a contract dispute with Disney over the upkeep of the system, further complicated by the sale/bankruptcy/choose-your-favorite-rumor of RedDot. So, there may not be anyone left to fix the system.
3) There is one person who can fix the machines, but he's on vacation, and has been for the last month.
4) Disneyland really wanted to pull these machines, and this is their excuse.
5) This is all a big mistake, and the system will working again tomorrow, and will even have NEW TRACKS!

I'll let you all know is something changes - I'm not holding my breath.

AVP

gn2dlnd
04-29-2002, 04:25 PM
Sad, sad, sad. Bad blood between Disney and a company they do business with? I'm shocked! Of course, you can always go across the street to the Penny Arcade, stick a quarter in the Orchestrion, and hear a really bad midi arrangement of something you thought you'd like to hear.

JeffG
04-30-2002, 09:32 PM
All the CD kiosks at WDW were removed a few months ago, so I would place the most stock in the rumors that the DL kiosks are about to be removed completely.

I also noticed recently that the "Haunted Mansion" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" CDs that used to only be available from the kiosks have recently shown up on the store shelves in pre-packaged editions.

-Jeff

AVP
05-01-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by JeffG
All the CD kiosks at WDW were removed a few months ago, so I would place the most stock in the rumors that the DL kiosks are about to be removed completely.

I also noticed recently that the "Haunted Mansion" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" CDs that used to only be available from the kiosks have recently shown up on the store shelves in pre-packaged editions.

-Jeff

Correct, and the Haunted Mansion version features the cover art from WDW, rather than the old Disneyland cover art.

AVP

Ace
05-01-2002, 07:29 PM
where were these alledged kiosks?

Gemini Cricket
05-01-2002, 08:42 PM
DL: They were in the shop @ Tomorrowland across from Star Tours, next to Yesterland's Circle Vision...

WDW: They were in a store in or near England @ the world showcase.

Nigel2
05-01-2002, 09:58 PM
Just to clarify the ones at DL were in the store at the exit of Rocket Rods (I can't remember what it's called) and also in the 20th Century (I think it is called that) Music Shop next to the magic shop.

Tigertail777
05-01-2002, 11:10 PM
There was also a shop in downtown Disney at WDW. It was a tiny little place right next to the Disney sports store (whatever the name of it is) they were pricey, but worth it. I bought two of them there for a little over $40.00 Maybe those of us with discs that miss it, should trade copies of our cd's with each other (if you have a burner). I think I have all of them off of the internet, but there may be some I am missing.