06-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Who out there remimbers?

Walking through "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"

Walking through the " Hall of Science"

Riding on the "Flying Saucers"

I do.

PapiBear
06-23-2006, 06:41 PM
You're lucky. I never got to see those and always wanted to. But they were gone before I was born.

dsnydon
06-23-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm old enough to have been around but I lived in Denver I only made it out here once (1959) the next time was 1970. Missed all those things:crying:

Opus1guy
06-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Who out there remimbers?

I do.

Yep. I've been going to Disneyland since it first opened. I remember those and a whole lot more. I even recall a paint company in Tomorrowland touting all the miraculous advantages of lead-based paints! :)

And didn't Monsanto tout the wonders of asbestos?

And who could ever forget the "Wonderful Wizard of Bras" on Main Street. It might have been the very first Audio Animatronic figure in a Disney theme park...almost a decade before the first Tiki bird zapped out a chirp! ;)

mad4mky
06-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Yep. I've been going to Disneyland since it first opened. I remember those and a whole lot more. I even recall a paint company in Tomorrowland touting all the miraculous advantages of lead-based paints! :)

And didn't Monsanto tout the wonders of asbestos?

And who could ever forget the "Wonderful Wizard of Bras" on Main Street. It might have been the very first Audio Animatronic figure in a Disney theme park...almost a decade before the first Tiki bird zapped out a chirp! ;)

I guess it pays to be old! ;)

*not quite as old as this old guy...
But...I do remember the saucers, as well as the Monsanto house, and the Monsanto attraction "Adventures thru Inner Space". And my favorite...The Indian Village...complete with Indian dance circle, where us 'guests' were asked to join the Indians (now Native Americans) to dance with them in the circle. We've got old photos and home movies to show how well us little 'uns did.

disneyperson
06-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Who out there remimbers?

I do.
I do.:) I also remember running screaming out of "Babes In Toyland" when one of the trees lunged at me.

Man, I loved those saucers.