PDA

View Full Version : What else?????

Chip37
04-28-2002, 04:04 PM
I've already posted a number of questions on our trip to the DL resort this fall, but here are a few more. Will 6 days and 5 nights be enough in for our trip Nov.6-11? Also what is Knottsberry farm like and is it worth a visit? As I stated in a previous post we have been to DL a few times but have never done anything else although we are looking forward to DCA for the 1st time!! Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Chip37.

MouseWife
04-28-2002, 04:18 PM
Wow. That is a lot of time. Will you be having a pass to Disneyland for all of the days? When we had a flex pass, on the day that we went to Knott's {if you go on a weekday you can more than likely do everything early} we went back to Disneyland. Depending on the hours, you can do two things in one day.

Knott's is a great place. You can probably even find tickets somewhere very inexpensive. Try and explore the history so that you can enjoy it to the fullest. There is a lot there and it is very Californian. Check out their site and also look up Walter and Cordelia Knott.

Well, maybe that is corny but I really like that sort of stuff. :)

Chip37
04-28-2002, 04:24 PM
We are getting in the pkg. a 5 day hopper for the price of a 3 day hopper. Thanks for the tip! I'm going to check out the Knotts website. LOL I never even thought of doing that, so again thank you!!! Chip.

Darkbeer
04-28-2002, 04:53 PM
There are also other things to do next to Knott's, you could spend the day at the park, and then go just down the street to either Medeival Times or Wild Bill's Wild West Dinner shows, plus there is the Movieland Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museums.. a cab ride is less than 10 miles from the Disneyland Resort, so a nice change of scenery.

MouseWife
04-28-2002, 04:56 PM
And.......

If you like fried chicken, either take out Mrs. Knott's fried chicken or sit down and enjoy a meal in the restaurant. We usually pick it up and take it back to the hotel. It is delicious either way. :)

Also, the Western Show right when you walk in is a must see. A ride on the train is a nice rest and fun, too. The Photo Gallery pictures aren't too expensive. And, lots of fun.

Big Foot Rapids is totally fun!! The Log Ride, too.

The picture that they take of you when you walk in is worth checking on when you leave. They actually do come out pretty good, and that is a lot for me :) . They will sell you a little one in a viewfinder if you don't want to buy more pictures. {Or even if you do.}

Um. Hmm. Heck, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head and I do there A LOT!!! We love the arcade, my 8 year old especially does.

Oh, I didn't notice if you said you had little ones. A big tip~ off of the Main Street there is a Jail. You walk up to it and the guy in there will talk to you. The trick is, if you go to the hotel right in front of it {on the Main Street}, there is a man sitting in a ticket type of window. {Left side of building}. You tell him your kids name and what ever information you want of them. Don't tell your kids. The guy will talk to them through the guy in the jail and it totally freaks them out!!!

It's one of those 'Santa Claus' 'Tooth Fairy' sort of things.

MonorailMan
04-28-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife

Oh, I didn't notice if you said you had little ones. A big tip~ off of the Main Street there is a Jail. You walk up to it and the guy in there will talk to you. The trick is, if you go to the hotel right in front of it {on the Main Street}, there is a man sitting in a ticket type of window. {Left side of building}. You tell him your kids name and what ever information you want of them. Don't tell your kids. The guy will talk to them through the guy in the jail and it totally freaks them out!!!

I remember having a little fun with him, (as other people were looking), one of my quotes was "You think the Mouse gave you a harsh punishment, he slapped me in Mickey gloves for 10 years, just for trying to paint Toontown." :D

MouseWife
04-28-2002, 07:57 PM
That's funny, Monorail Man!! Were you wearing your now famous gloves?

I really like the characters at Knott's. When the workers stick in character it is either funny or realistic. Depending on what they are doing.

Should we tell Chip37 about the fun on the train ride? ;)

MonorailMan
04-28-2002, 08:00 PM
That's funny, Monorail Man!! Were you wearing your now famous gloves?

How couldn't have I, the joke would have made no sense. :)

(And Yes, I like to run anything I buy into the ground, Why you may ask? Simple, because the more I talk about it, the more I enjoy it.)

MammaSilva
04-28-2002, 08:20 PM
nah don't give up the train ride 'experience' everyone needs to have something to go home and talk about LOL, remind me and I'll share mine one day .....

MouseWife
04-28-2002, 08:20 PM
Had to ask!!! Can't assume!!

Hey, I know what you mean!!! Everyone I know is getting sick of my vacations.

First it was the Super Soak Weekend. Oh, I blabbed about that, preparing for it ''I need this, I need that, all for my 'vacation'."

I am doing it again now. We don't leave for a couple of months.
I bought 'SpongeBob' band-aids that glow in the dark. What did I say? "Oooo! These are so cool!! I'm saving these for our vacation!! Imagine in Yosemite when we are on a night hike and we can see them glowing in the dark!!!"

Back to thread topic, Chip 37, what have YOU bought and are saving especially for your trip?

Oh, and do Knott's, definitely!! And, across the way is Independance Hall, a replica. It is great and educational. :)

gn2dlnd
04-29-2002, 04:42 PM
The trick is, if you go to the hotel right in front of it {on the Main Street}, there is a man sitting in a ticket type of window. {Left side of building}. You tell him your kids name and what ever information you want of them. Don't tell your kids. The guy will talk to them through the guy in the jail and it totally freaks them out!!!

Wait a minute! Are you trying to tell me that guy didn't really know my name? What next? No EASTER BUNNY? No COLUMBUS? WHAT ABOUT TOLEDO? I'm sorry, I have to go. I need to go watch my videotape of Rudolph now.

JPIVERSON
04-29-2002, 05:54 PM
Going in early November is a great time to go. We went in late October in 2000 and it was PLEANTY of time. But that was before DCA. A 5 day pass will give you enough time to do everything in both parks. Knotts is fun, good rides, but more than one employee gave me a hard time for wearing my Mickey shirt.
In 1998 we visited Universal when we went to D-Land, and I'd like to do it again. Last year we did the Disneyland/Magic Mountain trip (my son is addicted to rollercoasters, so we are trying to hit every major rollercoaster in California). If you like the thrill rides, you gotta try GOLIATH. Whichever park you decide to visit, you are going to have a blast.

TerryTiger
04-29-2002, 08:34 PM
You should definitely plan a day at Knott's. It's a great theme park (and is famous for being the world's FIRST theme park). One thrill ride you should NOT miss is Ghostrider, the best wooden roller coaster in the west. One caution tho and that is to schedule your Knott's day late in your trip. Several major rides may be closed in early November as they have to remove the Halloween Haunt theming after Knott's Scary Farm is over.

Darkbeer
04-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Just got back home from SFMM... you gotta go... X IS AWESOME!!!!!

Will post more later, but just go, especially if you can go on a weekday sometime soon, very little wait (except X)