PDA

View Full Version : Whitewater Snacks in the GCH

jcruise86
06-23-2006, 04:14 AM
When I visited Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel yesterday the PRICES had INCREASED from ones earlier listed by MousePlaneteers. After reading their reviews I had been excited to experience a rare good value at a Disney restaurant, but the chicken sandwich now came with chile and cost $8.99, and the other prices also seemed to have risen.
Eating at Disney usually takes me out of the magic as I imagine executives trying to get every dollar they can out of me. Running across Harbor to McDonald's always makes me feel like I'm beating the system by enjoying the parks without taking part in the one thing Disney does not do well: food.
I know some of you love certain Disneyland treats as much as I love my non-Burtonized Haunted Mansion, but I'd be willing to pay even more for admission if the food were as good a value as the attractions.

stan4d_steph
06-23-2006, 05:17 AM
The chicken sandwich has always come with green chiles.

jcruise86
06-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks. Then I guess only the price has changed.

Disnerd
06-23-2006, 07:45 AM
And McDonalds is good?

CandiBell
06-26-2006, 08:17 AM
At least you can get a chicken sandwich for under 4 dollars, and a drink for 99 cents. You can even get 2 apple pies for a buck :)

SoCalDude
06-26-2006, 10:21 AM
At least you can get a chicken sandwich for under 4 dollars, and a drink for 99 cents. You can even get 2 apple pies for a buck :)

One of the things that keeps me in the park to eat is I ask myself is saving a few bucks really worth it for me? I rather stay in the park, eat some food I actually like and get right back to the rides. Leaving the park and having Dennys or McDs (both I do not consider real food) just takes up a good hunk of time I could spend going on POTC or some other ride. It is just not worth it to me, even if there was a fast food place I actually like around.

DangerMouse
06-26-2006, 10:23 AM

Yes, but the fountain drinks at WWS have free refills, too! Buy a kids cup and drink to your heart's content! Not many places in DL you can say that.