PDA

View Full Version : When to go: 7/1, 7/2 or 7/3?

Bluesky
06-22-2006, 07:39 PM
My boss just told me that I have July 3rd off in addition to July 4th. I'm going to drive down from Nor. Cal on Friday night & stay with friends, but may also get a motel for one of the nights. I have a couple of options on which day or days to visit. When would you go? Saturday July 1, Sunday July 2, or Monday July 3?

jcruise86
06-22-2006, 08:36 PM
I saw that no one responded and I thought I'd let you know why some may have remained silent. You have probably listed three of the 15 (or ten?!) most crowded days of the year and asked which one would be best. Unless you enjoy shoulder-to-shoulder crowds I suggest that you read a good book instead, and perhaps take a break to see the new Superman movie that Time and Newsweek loved. I'm sorry, but I love Disneyland so much that I don't want you to see her that way!

Bluesky
06-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks jcruise86 - I know the risks & have gone to DL at other high-attendance times(Christmas time, New Years Eve, etc,), so I'm just wanting to make the best of a crowded time. I use RideMax & have had good experiences, especially with splitting my day.

I saw that no one responded and I thought I'd let you know why some may have remained silent.

Hee, I just posted this less than 2 hours ago with only 18 currently viewing the forum... I'll give it a little more time to get some other input. Thanks!

Niwel
06-22-2006, 10:39 PM
I'll be there on July 2 (my birthday). I wouldn't go the 4th. Not everyone has off the third, but some people might take it off anyway.

jcruise86
06-23-2006, 04:24 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to prevent any fun. But I remember walking across the park on July and August weekends when I worked on the Submarine Voyage. It was so crowded that it just felt wrong. I will admit that the parades seemed even better with the crowds--the characters acted like grateful rock stars as thousands wildly cheered them on. Then again, working on guest control gave me a great viewing spot without having to wait.

Bassman531
06-23-2006, 07:59 AM
I will be there all next week, leaving on the 4th. I imagine it will be VERY busy the weekend of the 4th since many people will be taking a 4 day weekend. Also, there will be a lot of people eager to ride POTC. I don't really care how busy it is though. I just enjoy being in DL.

potzbie
06-23-2006, 10:07 AM
When would you go? Saturday July 1, Sunday July 2, or Monday July 3?
The hottest days of the year in Orange County?
The most crowded month for out-of-state tourists for Disneyland?
I am reminded of DANTE'S INFERNO.

"Which circle of hell did you enjoy most, Mr. Dante?"

DianeM
06-23-2006, 01:38 PM
In all honesty - none of the above. See the charts below for why. Of course, if you don't mind crowds and heat, then go any of these days and enjoy yourself. I just know from experience that if I went to DL during the most crowded time of year I would have a miserable time.

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm

My boss just told me that I have July 3rd off in addition to July 4th. I'm going to drive down from Nor. Cal on Friday night & stay with friends, but may also get a motel for one of the nights. I have a couple of options on which day or days to visit. When would you go? Saturday July 1, Sunday July 2, or Monday July 3?

Niwel
06-23-2006, 01:46 PM
You get there early and if you plan it right, you can get on everything you want. :)

chapina
06-23-2006, 02:35 PM
What do you all think of going on Wed. July 5th? I always go on Tu - Thu in the winter.

I'm sure I'm going to be in for a shock, but I have a relative from outside of the country coming. Would it be better than 7/4?

GlamRockGwenND
06-23-2006, 03:50 PM
I plan on maybe going on June 30th mainly to ride the Pirates ride, but also to enjoy the park. Im sure it will be crowded, but do you think it will be as crowded as the weekend?

shawnarae
06-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Out of those 3 dates I'd go on July 1st personally. I think a lot of people will take the 3rd off and make a 4 day weekend. So in my thinking I would go to the parks on July 1st HOPING people are driving to Anaheim that day or making that a travel day (check in hotel, ect) and not a full park day. I was at Disneyland on Memorial Day this year, as well as the day after. The day of Memorial Day was not that busy, the day after Memorial Day was far more busier (go figure). Not the case last Fall over Columbus Day. We were there and the Saturday & Sunday prior to that Monday and it was not bad (not Summer crowds at all), BUT the day of was CRAZY!

It is a hit or miss I think. Weighing summer vacations and a holiday VS. just a holiday. So there is a chance people may get scaried off thinking the 4th will be busy. And I would assume many people on vacation there to see Disneyland on the 4th will be sticking around the day after (especially if there is fireworks on the 4th, no one is driving home out of town that evening I'd guess). So I'd bank on the 6th to quiet down.

If this all makes sense :)

Niwel
06-26-2006, 07:57 AM
So who else will be there this weekend? (Just wanna figure out who I might spot on Sunday for my DL birthday). :)

Malcon10t
06-26-2006, 08:09 AM
So who else will be there this weekend? (Just wanna figure out who I might spot on Sunday for my DL birthday). :)We will be there the 1st thru the 6th. We are fairly easy to spot, we have a 50lb black lab usually in a yellow cape with Mickey ears on.

Shadowcat
06-26-2006, 08:52 AM
There's also an anime convention across the street at the Convention Center July 1-4 (which brings over 30,000 attendees), and Hyde (a popular Japanese rock star) will be performing at the House of Blues that weekend too.

tonytone
06-26-2006, 09:45 AM
So who else will be there this weekend? (Just wanna figure out who I might spot on Sunday for my DL birthday). :)
Not that you'll recognize and/or know me from a hole in the wall, but I'll be there w/ my wife and three kids this weekend (we'll be there 7/1-7/5). Call me crazy for going there during July 4th weekend (well, technically not a July 4th weekend since it actually falls on a Tuesday this year but you know what I mean) but given that my younger daughter's birthday is on the 2nd (what a coincidence!) and my older daughter's is on the 7th, I figured it'd make for a nice birthday celebration and vacation at the same time! :D

Yes, I know maybe I should have stayed until at least the 7th to make it more meaningful for my daughter but unfortunately for me, my company requires my services that day. :(

We've been to DL during past July 4th holidays, so we're more or less used to the larger crowds and hot weather anyways... :cool:

nursemelis374
06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I will be there the 5th through the 7th. We are going to get there early, take an afternoon break and stay late.