PDA

View Full Version : Imagination to Celebration Tour

Squeaky
06-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Anyone been on the I to C tour lately? We went last May and July, and there were 4 tours a day. I booked our tour today, and our CM said there's only one tour a day (at 2:00) but still includes the priority seating for "Remember..." When we took it last year, it was at 4:30 or 5:00 and included "Remember..." This tour starts at 2:00 and still includes fireworks. Is it a really long tour now? Has anything changed? :confused:

rentayenta
06-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Anyone been on the I to C tour lately? We went last May and July, and there were 4 tours a day. I booked our tour today, and our CM said there's only one tour a day (at 2:00) but still includes the priority seating for "Remember..." When we took it last year, it was at 4:30 or 5:00 and included "Remember..." This tour starts at 2:00 and still includes fireworks. Is it a really long tour now? Has anything changed? :confused:

Please tell me more about this tour. I haven't heard of it.

Mermaid
06-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Jenny- this is also known as the 50th tour. There were a few offerings a day. One went on four rides the other ones on three and you got PS to Remember or the parade based on the time of the tour. It highlights DL history and the 50th anniversary. I took it last Sept and was kinda disappointed. It seemed like we just moved from ride to ride and she only spoke to us at the rides. It was crowded that day though and we had a huge goup (16 people). What was kinda annoying was 4 people joined at the last minute. I could tell they had left it up to the guide because they were hanging around and didn't pay until they talked to her. They had two young kids who were not tour friendly. Then the guide kept saying, "Just follow me, I will stop when we get there- this is a big group." Well, if you hadn't let those people in- we wouldn't be so big. I may have just had a bad guide though because others seem to like it.

rentayenta
06-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Jenny- this is also known as the 50th tour. There were a few offerings a day. One went on four rides the other ones on three and you got PS to Remember or the parade based on the time of the tour. It highlights DL history and the 50th anniversary. I took it last Sept and was kinda disappointed. It seemed like we just moved from ride to ride and she only spoke to us at the rides. It was crowded that day though and we had a huge goup (16 people). What was kinda annoying was 4 people joined at the last minute. I could tell they had left it up to the guide because they were hanging around and didn't pay until they talked to her. They had two young kids who were not tour friendly. Then the guide kept saying, "Just follow me, I will stop when we get there- this is a big group." Well, if you hadn't let those people in- we wouldn't be so big. I may have just had a bad guide though because others seem to like it.

Okay, it sounds familiar. What were the rides? I am so sorry you had a bad experience. That's what scares me a little about taking a tour: the guide and the other tourists.

Mermaid
06-22-2006, 08:09 PM
ummm.. they were Storybook, Pirates, BTMRR, Splash and Buzz (one from each decade). I had heard whoever's b-day was closest to DL got to pick three out of a hat. By bday is about 2 weeks before so I thought I'd get to. BUT- Becuase we were "so big" she just chose Pirates, BTMRR and Buzz. I saw your other thread. I did the Holiday tour two xmases ago and LOVED it! You got PS to the parade, and front of line to HMH and (your favorite :fez: )IASW!! The look on the people's faces on IASW when they had to wait for us to load our private boat was worth it!! We learned lots of cool stuff about the Holidays at DL. When we went, they divided us into 3 groups with about 15 people in it. The groups seemed to be those w/ kids and those without. I bet your kiddos would like it!! You got to yell and sing which I thought would be seriously cheesy- but it wasn't!

rentayenta
06-22-2006, 08:16 PM
The Holiday Tour does sound like fun and I do love IASW! :fez: Getting to go to the front of the long lines and having a seat for the parade with hot cocoa sounds heavenly. I am going to have to do heads or tails to decide.

Mermaid
06-22-2006, 08:30 PM
The hot cocoa was very good! I still have the Snow White mug it came in!! It was kinda a random mug for a Holiday Tour but whatever! We also got these HUGE rice krispie treats shaped like snowmen!

Niwel
06-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Please tell me more about this tour. I haven't heard of it.

We also have the MP recap from 5/5/5 here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050512avp.htm). It was so much fun!